Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Let’s see some Lifters! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35039)

Stan Hoover 12-21-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 350852)
Stan I would like to come across a few more myself, with long barrels. I enjoy shooting the one I have. I actually shoot skeet pretty well with it, for me anyway. It is a heavy gun at just under 8-13 oz with a MWT of .036 anywhere and that is 8.5" from the muzzle. What next, a lifter event :corn:

That is a heavy 12, what size frame is that one? Or maybe it is all in the barrels?

I hadn't thought about a lifter event, but might have to think about that some more:rotf:

Randy G Roberts 12-21-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hoover (Post 350854)
That is a heavy 12, what size frame is that one? Or maybe it is all in the barrels?

I hadn't thought about a lifter event, but might have to think about that some more:rotf:

It is a 2 frame with an unstruck barrel weight of 4-10. I did not record the finished weight but it is a very barrel heavy gun to me.

Jay Oliver 12-21-2021 09:02 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Here a few quick pictures of some of mine. I like the way Stan has them together, I will have to take a picture like that sometime as well. Here they are in order:
  • Grade 3 10ga. with 28” Laminated barrels on a #2 frame
  • Grade 2 Equivalent 12ga. with 30” Damascus barrels on a #1 frame
  • Grade 3 10ga. with 32” Damascus Barrels(early gun and frame size is between a 3 and a 4)
  • Grade 2 12ga. With 32” Damascus Barrels on a #2 frame I used for trap one winter
  • Grade 2 12ga with 30” check/hook Damascus barrels and TA firing pins on #2frame
  • Back Action #171 with 26” Decarbonized Steel Barrels

I have always liked the lifer design as I have mentioned a few times. It's a very natural action that is very fitting for a hammer gun. I did recently acquire a lifter that takes yellow shells. I will post some info on that soon :)

Dean Romig 12-21-2021 09:11 AM

Beautiful guns Jay!!

I added pictures to my first post.

Stan Hoover 12-21-2021 09:19 AM

Beautiful

Thanks Dean & Jay for posting pictures of your very beautiful guns.

Now I have so many more questions and things to ponder:o

I would like to see that one that uses yellow shells Jay.:vconfused:

Stan

Garry L Gordon 12-21-2021 09:29 AM

No lifters in my safes...for now, but on my list. You guys are making me drool.:bowdown:

Reggie Bishop 12-21-2021 09:50 AM

If I were a hammer gun guy I would be trying to buy the 20 that Josh L has listed. So Garry you could sell a graded straight stock 20 to fund the lifter. I know someone who might be interested. :cool:

Wayne Owens 12-21-2021 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a cased D lifter with Parker accessories and 2 5/8" Track of the Wolf brass shells.

Jay Oliver 12-21-2021 11:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Great pictures Dean! I know we both like the Parker made laminated barrels like your 16 has.

My grade 3 10 has Parker Laminated barrels(the first picture in my previous post). I shot that gun in the black powder category at the Southern this past year and managed 21/25 with it. I am hoping to make some improvements and do a little better this coming year. Here are a few more pictures that show some nice detail of that gun...

Arthur Shaffer 12-21-2021 12:19 PM

I have pieces of two. The first is a grade 3 10 ga(A) with 9ga barrels, 30" Parker laminate barrels, size 3 frame. Built 1880. The stock was not original so I repaired the broken replacement and inlet it as a pattern. Dan Rossiter has duplicated a new one with forearm from a Circassion blank I sent him and I believe it is on its way back. I am scheduled to send the barrels to Breck next week.

The second I just bought at auction and it has been shipped. It is an early lifter (1874) that looks to be somewhat equivalent to a grade 2 with 30" Damascus barrels. The ad listed it as a 12 gauge. However the serialization book lists it as a 10 gauge. I believe this is before the order books, so I presume the data came from a stock book. The lookup on the website states that info is available for the gun. I have already requested a letter. I contacted the FFL selling the gun and he said he based the 12 gauge ID on the fact that a 12 ga snap cap dropped in and fit. I purchased the gun because of the price. My guess, based on the data in the serialization book and what the dealer told me is that it is a 10 gauge with 10 (B) barrels. No idea of frame size. Right now it's kinda like a treasure hunt. Hope to have some pictures of progress in a month or so.