Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Anyone Recognize This .410 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36607)

Randy G Roberts 06-09-2022 03:21 PM

Anyone Recognize This .410

4 Attachment(s)
A Gent working on a home project for me shows me a few pics of this gun and says that he has been unable to determine what it is. I have no other pics or markings or anything else to offer. All I know is that it's a .410 and you can see the markings. Just looking to see if anyone might recognize this as it is not for sale and I have no involvement with it other than trying to help this chap out.

Brian Dudley 06-09-2022 03:23 PM

It looks belgian. I have seen them before.

chris dawe 06-09-2022 03:35 PM

Commonly goes by the name El Faison ,meaning the pheasant ,i see them all the time up here

Stan Hillis 06-09-2022 08:51 PM

It's an El Faisan (with an "a"), indeed. Not Belgian, but made in the Middle East, maybe Turkey or Afghanistan. I have one. It is easily the ugliest, worst made double shotgun I've ever seen.

But, I did dishrag one of two chimney sweeps, that insisted on building a mud nest under my carport a few years ago, with mine. The other one took the hint and ceased and desisted. The trigger pulls on it are so bad they would probably destroy my Lyman trigger pull gauge trying to measure them.

My cousin gave it to me. I have since wondered if he harbored a strong dislike of me.

Mike Koneski 06-10-2022 05:34 PM

Tell us how you really feel about that gun there Stan!! :rotf::rotf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hillis (Post 365640)
It's an El Faisan (with and "a"), indeed. Not Belgian, but made in the Middle East, maybe Turkey or Afghanistan. I have one. It is easily the ugliest, worst made double shotgun I've ever seen.

But, I did dishrag one of two chimney sweeps, that insisted on building a mud nest under my carport a few years ago, with mine. The other one took the hint and ceased and desisted. The trigger pulls on it are so bad they would probably destroy my Lyman trigger pull gauge trying to measure them.

My cousin gave it to me. I have since wondered if he harbored a strong dislike of me.

Dave Noreen 06-10-2022 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Several European makers offered guns like the one in question. The catalog I still have that is the only remains from a 1967 misadventure, shows Eusebio Arizaga offered such a gun.

Attachment 107403

Randy G Roberts 06-10-2022 08:10 PM

I gave the owner of this gun some information on it today. He inquired about the value to which I replied. I don't think it's very much at all based upon what I've been able to find. He then confessed to me that he has owned this gun for some 20 years or so. He bought it at a gun show and paid $800 for it because he thought it was cool :eek:

Randy G Roberts 06-10-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Noreen (Post 365694)
Several European makers offered guns like the one in question. The catalog I still have that is the only remains from a 1967 misadventure, shows Eusebio Arizaga offered such a gun.

Attachment 107403

Thanks Dave. I will print that out and give it to the owner.