Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Repro gun case accessories when bought new (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38249)

allen newell 01-14-2023 02:51 PM

Repro gun case accessories when bought new

When repros were purchased new back in the day, what accessories came with these guns inside the cases?

Cleaning rod?
Oil can?
Snap caps?
Cleaning rod brush?

Dean Romig 01-14-2023 03:21 PM

Only one of the cased Repros I ever bought with their cases only came with snap caps and nothing else, the rest came with no accessories.

allen newell 01-14-2023 04:07 PM

Dean, I picked up my 28 ga repro today. It came out of a large gun collection of a now deceased army colonel. He never shot it. Gun is immaculate. Anyway, the only accessories are the 2 snap caps. Nothing else. I've ordered the balance of accessories from CSMC.
I'll send you some pics.
Will shoot it at the club tomorrow weather permitting.
It will go out to Montana this fall for a bird hunt after Joy and I get back from Italy.

Dean Romig 01-14-2023 04:45 PM

IC/MOD chokes?

Paul Brannon 01-14-2023 05:22 PM

The two that I have and were bought new with cases only had snap caps.

allen newell 01-14-2023 08:41 PM

Yes Dean, IC and Mod. 00 frame

Bill Murphy 01-15-2023 02:08 AM

Snap caps were promised, as I recall, during the closeout. As I recall, I got mine in the mail a few weeks after my gun arrived. The oil bottles never arrived, and were not promised. I bought my oil bottle from Mrs. Don Schrum at the Nashville show months later. It was the last one she had.

allen newell 01-15-2023 08:04 AM

Heading to our club in plymouth to shoot this 28. It's never been fired and is tight as heck. So it's a 40 or 50 yr old gun that's never been fired. My greatest concern is that the grease or other lubricant that was used at the factory has not hardened to a point where the action won't function properly. Stay tuned

Donald McQuade 01-15-2023 09:09 AM

I bought a new 20 ga from CSMC about eight or nine years ago. AT that time they had a good number of them in inventory still new in the box. The great thing about that was that Lou let me look through the stock and pick the one I wanted. I must have opened 20 boxes and pulled the guns out to find what I was looking for. I am a fan of the honey & smoke style of wood and finally found one that was perfect for me. Anyway, back to the original question, when I bought the gun, the case was an $400 option. I took the case. It came with the canvas cover, two-piece wooden cleaning rod, leather pouch with cleaning brush and jag, oil bottle and two snap caps.

Dean Romig 01-15-2023 09:41 AM

Wow Don - You're one of the lucky few.