Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Forum Possibility - "Swap a Hunt" (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7960)

John Dallas 08-31-2012 12:54 PM

New Forum Possibility - "Swap a Hunt"

1 Attachment(s)
How about a board where one could post possibilities for swapping hunting or fishing trips?

I'll start:

Willing to swap a one or two person float trip for trout on the Au Sable (Michigan) for a duck hunt in the Mid West. I can't guarantee you'll catch huge fish (that is up to you), but I will provide a nice grilled shore lunch and accomodations.
Here's a picture of the boat we will be in:

Destry L. Hoffard 08-31-2012 01:09 PM

I'd make that deal but I'd have to take up fly fishing first. Hah!

DLH

John Dallas 08-31-2012 01:15 PM

D - For you, I'll throw in a lesson, loan you the gear and tie up something special for you - The "Destry Duster" fly.

Destry L. Hoffard 08-31-2012 01:18 PM

Are they doing anything this time of year?

DLH

John Dallas 08-31-2012 01:29 PM

Fishing is slowing down. Best time is in the spring/early summer. Now is a pretty time to be on the river, with the leaves beginning to turn, and brookies and browns getting colored up for fall spawning. Still a bit of small fly stuff, or large streamers.
I floated several nights ago with two friends. We ended up with a dozen or so fish, including five species - Brown, rainbow, chub, smallmouth bass and largemouth bass. Nothing large, but you couldn't beat the shore dinner - flank steak, caesar salad, garlic toast, cookies and a jug of red wine.

Bill Murphy 08-31-2012 02:32 PM

I'm reminded of Roy Scheider's line in Jaws, but I understand Destry is now just a shadow of his former self.

charlie cleveland 08-31-2012 03:40 PM

i like the idea of the swap a hunt or fishing trip... charlie....

Destry L. Hoffard 08-31-2012 04:39 PM

Bill,

Don't worry about me, I've shot ducks from smaller boats when I was a much bigger man. I know how to keep in the middle, keep balance, and stay dry.

DLH

scott kittredge 08-31-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dallas (Post 78816)
How about a board where one could post possibilities for swapping hunting or fishing trips?

I'll start:

Willing to swap a one or two person float trip for trout on the Au Sable (Michigan) for a duck hunt in the Mid West. I can't guarantee you'll catch huge fish (that is up to you), but I will provide a nice grilled shore lunch and accomodations.
Here's a picture of the boat we will be in:

i love it, i hope this happens, swapping hunts.:corn: scott

Rich Anderson 08-31-2012 07:54 PM

I'll trade a Grouse/Woodcock hunt in the Upper Pennisula for a western bird hunt or southern quail hunt. My place in the UP can sleep 4 pretty comfortably and there is plenty of kennel space.