Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Springtime In Vermont (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1768)

Dean Romig 04-28-2010 02:39 PM

Springtime In Vermont

I could hardly believe my ears this morning when the news reported that the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, where I will be sitting in camo at O'dark-thirty on Saturday morning, received over a foot of new snow yesterday. I guess the only camo I'll be wearing will be a white bedsheet :shock:

It should be a very interesting Vermont turkey opener to say the least.

Pictures Sunday night.

Larry Frey 04-28-2010 02:46 PM

Good luck Dean. Our season opened today but a little thing called work got in the way. 5:00am Saturday the fun begins.

Pete Lester 04-28-2010 03:58 PM

Dean it should melt quick. Highs for that area are predicted to be in the high 70's saturday.

Dave Suponski 04-28-2010 05:21 PM

I should be up visiting the boy's of our New Hampshire contigent Sunday with a morning spent in the turkey woods come Monday AM. A nice Parker NH will be the weapon of choice this trip.Work ain,t gettin in the way this time....:rolleyes:

Good Luck to everyone...

Rich Anderson 04-28-2010 07:37 PM

We have had frost/freeze warnings the last three nights. There was ice in the dogs water this am.

Turkey are everywhere however.

Dean Romig 04-28-2010 09:49 PM

Why Dave.... that's so unlike you :biglaugh:

Dave Suponski 04-28-2010 11:10 PM

Ya...Good luck to you too.......Snowman......:biglaugh:

Dean Romig 04-29-2010 06:04 AM

I telephoned Roy, the dairy farmer down the road from camp, last night and he told me there were eleven longbeards and twenty-four jakes that wintered over on his farm at the manure piles. Last weekend was the annual youth turkey-hunt and he had seven gobblers within earshot of him and his grandkids. Things didn't work out as he had hoped so he wants to try one particular spot again this Saturday and would I be good enough to allow him and the kids one more day where the hunters at my camp generally sit on the opener. (as I sit here typing a huge hen just flew down into my side yard ten feet from where I sit here at the window. Looking up into the oaks I count five more) Roy will come up to camp on Friday evening and we'll discuss plans for the following morning. He likes us and we like him and his hunting/farming family. I've known him since he was twelve (but he's a lot older than me now) and it's real nice to be able to call him a friend. No holds barred though on Sunday - the truce is off and we can hunt anywhere we want. There are plenty of longbeards for all and it should be a great hunt.

scott kittredge 04-29-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Suponski (Post 17456)
I should be up visiting the boy's of our New Hampshire contigent Sunday with a morning spent in the turkey woods come Monday AM. A nice Parker NH will be the weapon of choice this trip.Work ain,t gettin in the way this time....:rolleyes:

Good Luck to everyone...

Good luck see you sunday!

Dean Romig 04-29-2010 04:10 PM

I'm bringing my DH 12 F/F, my VHE 28 F/F, and my .410 Skeet-er just in case... :usa: