![]() |
Straight stocks are just the best!
5 Attachment(s)
Here are my latest two Parkers and a good reminder that straight stock Parkers are the only way to go. This is an “all else equal” point of view. I have some Parkers that are pistol grips and I feel fortunate to own them. However, the fact remains I wish they were straight stocked guns.
Let me tell you about these recent ones: On top: A bucket list gun for me!: 28ga VH 30” Barrels on a #0 frame. Weighs 6lbs 2oz. On Bottom: A nice light weight 12: 12ga GH 28” Damascus Barrels on a #1 frame. Weighs 6lbs. 11oz. Had a lot of fun shooting both of these at Addieville yesterday. I could not be happier with these 2 “new to me” Parkers! |
Total agreement here. The same goes for two triggers. (And nix the beaver tails.)
|
I am a sucker for straight grip, splinter forearm any make, simply beautiful. A joy to look at and handle.
|
Jay, next time you want to go to Addieville let me know. I'll be happy to go with you
|
I love the looks of straight stockers and I have a number of them but I shoot pistol grips much better at sporting clays. Bird hunting not such a big deal but I much prefer pistol grips for clay sports. I got a straight aYa No. 2 in 20g in Sanford that I loved and love but it's not the best clays gun. I have a 32" and 30" 12g VH (one a live bird gun) with straight grips that I am anguishing over selling, I just don't shoot them well. Now, bring me an English straight gripper 12g with 28" barrels for 2" shells weighing less than 6lbs that fits and is choked Skeet/IC and I'm a buyer. That would be like being setting me up with Paige Spirinac on a blind date. I wouldn't know what to do with either one : )
|
Quote:
If you considering moving a straight gripped 32" VH let me know. Maybe I can trade you a pistol gipped Parker you like for it! Everyone wins :) |
My Gawsh… Jay Oliver shooting boxlock Parkers:eek:
But I do love the straight grip guns, most especially Parkers, and though the splinter forends lend themselves to much sleeker, more aesthetic lines, I sure like a beavertail on the smaller gauges, like the 28 gauge Skeet gun I recently parted with. I think in that case I have better control of pointing the barrels faster… but that’s just me. My second favorite is the true ball grip as my Lifters have… not the “half pistol grip” or the round knob grip, but the true ball grip with the slender grip with the exaggerated swollen ball… but again, that’s just me. . |
Quote:
|
2 Attachment(s)
I like all the Parker stock offerings, but I prefer straight grips. I am fortunate to own a few.First Picture-top 20ga DH 0 frame, bottom 12ga DHE 2 frame.
Second picture- top AH 12ga 2 frame, bottom BHE 12ga 2 frame. |
delete
|
|
I think straight grips are more pleasing to look at but pistol grips for me more comfortable to shoot. A hundred rounds of sporting clays with a straight grip stock and my middle finger on my trigger hand gets pretty sore.
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org