![]() |
3 piece barrels?
Take a look at this monster. I clearly see sleeve lines forward of the chamber but it also appears to have another set of joints just forward of the fore arm Say it ain't so! https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1192279935
|
:rotf:, That gun has been up for sale on GB for months ! Doesn't seem to be much interest !!!!!!
|
The breech end is clearly Damascus and stamped so on the right barrel flat. The rib says Titanic Steel which wasn't introduced until 1897 and that is an 1892 gun judging by the serial number.
Screw-in chokes though...??? Restocked in California claro it looks like.... Think I'll pass. . |
I only see one sleeve joint.
|
There are 2 joints Brian.
Picture 3 of 19 and also 9 of 19. . |
No there is only one joint just forward of the hinge pin. where have you ever seen ribs marked Titanic in front of the fore end?
|
1 Attachment(s)
This one is from picture 3 of 19.
. |
1 Attachment(s)
And this one is picture 9 of 19.
. |
9 of 19 is just a different view of the area shown in 3/19
|
I disagree Edgar. You can see the forward part of the BTFE on either side of the barrels in 9 of 19.
. |
And what barrels have the rib inscription backwards and all the way forward of the fore end?
|
The word "Titanic" is both a scriptic and fontish anomaly - the leading 'T' teeters on the cattywampus and the ending 'C' could as well be read as a 'G' or even a numeral 6. Definitely of dubious lineage in terms of execution of engraving and linear placement on the rib.
|
The photos show the same sleeve joint. Behind the forend. The rib legend is not in front of the forend.
|
Pictures 3 and 19 are a top view and side view of the joint. The left rear section of the forend appears in picture 19….. IMHO :-)
|
I think the giveaway was the legend. Only way to view it right-side-up, is with the muzzle to the left.
|
#3 and #9 are the same joint. I agree with Kevin, the inscription is too far forward. Be careful buying Parkers from a black gun and Mossburg seller. I can't see where this crook says anything about sleeving. He describes the barrels as Titanic steel.
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org