Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hausmanns 2023 June 1-2-3 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39200)

Harry Gietler 05-16-2023 09:07 AM

Hausmanns 2023 June 1-2-3

Just got off the phone with Mr. Hausmann and the North East Shoot is on!
He is updating His site and will have the news updated on it. (Vendors)
Good News is RST will be there with ammo, ''Limited Amounts'', powder being
the problem, Tough to Find. OK, lets have some names ,''Who's Coming,
and bring a lot of money to support the vendors.

Harry

P.S. There is a Shot Shell company from Ga. that may be their.
Ammo is made in Turkey.

Dean Romig 05-16-2023 09:26 AM

I'll be there with my ladyfriend Dorothy whom some of you may have met at the Southern. I rented a 2-seater golf cart for two days.

Looking forward to good times.

CraigThompson 05-16-2023 11:23 AM

I’m coming but more in selling rather than buying mode .

scott kittredge 05-16-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 388742)

selling ? :corn:

Craig Larter 05-16-2023 11:52 AM

I'm attending with my duck club buddies, 14 at last count. Look for us in the normal spot in the parking lot. Stop by and have a cold one. Craig Larter

Andrew Sacco 05-16-2023 12:21 PM

I will be there with a couple friends, one of whom got his first SxS at 80 years old and wants to give this a whirl.

Dean Romig 05-16-2023 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 388750)
I will be there with a couple friends, one of whom got his first SxS at 80 years old and wants to give this a whirl.

He’ll kick himself for waiting so long!!!

Andrew Sacco 05-16-2023 12:41 PM

You'll meet him Dean, his name is Charlie. Lives a stone's throw from Hausmann's but shoots in Binghamton. He said he's worried he won't hit anything. Told him if he's with me not to worry : )

Dan Steingraber 05-16-2023 01:36 PM

I'm planning to be there.

Dean Romig 05-16-2023 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 388752)
You'll meet him Dean, his name is Charlie. Lives a stone's throw from Hausmann's but shoots in Binghamton. He said he's worried he won't hit anything. Told him if he's with me not to worry : )

Tell him he's joining good company - We ALL started out worrying if we'd hit anything with these antiquated side by side relics. (These days those are the only shotguns I shoot - and I no longer have that worry).

Eric Eis 05-16-2023 03:07 PM

I'll be there along with Rich Anderson and Mike Smith will also be there. Looking foward to seeing everyone.

CraigThompson 05-16-2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott kittredge (Post 388748)
selling ? :corn:

Sure I’m pairing down in anticipation of moving .

Sara LeFever 05-16-2023 06:25 PM

I will be there Thursday afternoon through Saturday. Possibly with some chocolate chip cookies… :rolleyes:

Sara

allen newell 05-16-2023 06:25 PM

I was planning to attend in my new Subaru Forester but just learned today from my dealer that the car won't be ready until the second week in June. My current Forester has over erc243,000 miles and I just would rather not take it on a long distance drive. I'll go next time

Dean Romig 05-16-2023 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara LeFever (Post 388760)
I will be there Thursday afternoon through Saturday. Possibly with some chocolate chip cookies… :rolleyes:

Sara

Wow that's wonderful - I sure miss Kathy's cookies.

CraigThompson 05-16-2023 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 388762)

Of all things I miss my mothers coleslaw and mashed potatoes the most . But my great grandmothers raspberry jelly I also miss the heck out of !

Pete Lester 05-16-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 388762)

They were great, I miss them as well. It was a part of the shoot for several years.

Mike Koneski 05-17-2023 09:08 AM

I will be there Thursday through Saturday. Tad will be there at least two days. I got a buddy into the SxS addiction and he'll be there at least two days too. Gotta shoot for Team Lefever in the Fox-Lefever Challenge. The rest will be Parkers as usual. :cool:

Harry, all the $$ I'm bringing is for shooting. Just sayin'. :corn:

Mike Koneski 05-17-2023 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara LeFever (Post 388760)

Sara

Two dozen of Sarah's cookies to each shooter that qualifies for Team Lefever.

Mike Koneski 05-17-2023 09:13 AM

BTW, Ernie's website is up and running. Info is there, have at it. :)

Pete Lester 05-17-2023 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 388774)
BTW, Ernie's website is up and running. Info is there, have at it. :)

What am I missing Mike? I went to the HHH website and their Facebook page. All I see is the announcement of the shoot and the dates. I don't see a schedule of events, event fees or vendor list

Am I looking in the wrong places?

http://hhhsc.net/

https://www.facebook.com/people/Haus...0057518556786/

Andrew Sacco 05-17-2023 11:34 AM

Yeah have at what? I have a few guys coming and they keep asking what events are available. You do a good job at The Rock with your menu of events so folks have an idea of what is offered, wish he'd do the same.

Harold Lee Pickens 05-17-2023 12:05 PM

I'll be there, God willing, and planning to camp as usual. One of my best friends is having open heart surgery a few days before( he's a good friend of Ernies) and hopefully he has someone lined up to take care of his farm animals and his 6 English Setters, or I may have to step up and do it( and not come).

Mike Koneski 05-17-2023 01:16 PM

Events are as usual. The 50 bird events are Thursday-Friday and the 80 bird Main is Saturday. List of vendors is on the site. If anyone has questions they can call Ernie.

Sara LeFever 05-17-2023 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 388772)
Two dozen of Sarah's cookies to each shooter that qualifies for Team Lefever.

:nono: Heyyy, I don’t think I have enough room in the truck for that! :rotf:

Harold, I hope things work out and you can make it to the shoot. It’s not the same without you!

Sara

Mike Koneski 05-17-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara LeFever (Post 388790)
:nono: Heyyy, I don’t think I have enough room in the truck for that! :rotf:

Sara

Sara, that's only 10 dozen!! A paltry 120 scrumptious ooey-gooey choco-chip deliciousness. :bowdown: Just sayin'. :rotf:

Harry Gietler 05-19-2023 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 388742)

Don't Forget, Spectators ''Sell Low''
Vendors ''Sell High''

CraigThompson 05-19-2023 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 388787)
Events are as usual. The 50 bird events are Thursday-Friday and the 80 bird Main is Saturday. List of vendors is on the site. If anyone has questions they can call Ernie.

You can also look at the winners of last years events to atleast get an idea of what he offers . Now as to the Corona er I mean AH Fox events that should hit the light of day in the next week or so I’d say .

Kevin McCormack 05-20-2023 08:39 PM

Any of you staying at the Quality Inn in Vestal NY, don't miss this!:

https://annunciationvestal.ny.goarch.org/greek-festival

Goes for 4 nites; food is great, cash bar(s) with wine and beers on tap by the pitchers, platters or tapas style bites. Everything cooked to order. Full desert menu (Baklava is to die for!!).

Great value for the money as a dinner getaway for one or more nights. Big tent canopies for the weather and friendly people looking to party. Big parking lot behind the church with Vestal PD keeping order as needed.

Music, ethnic dancing and is literally withing walking distance of the QI. Saw a Helen of Troy lookalike contest winner there one year!

Harold Lee Pickens 05-21-2023 07:30 AM

Any one camping out?
I am planning to, but our group of happy campers has dwindled. Kenny Graft may bring his little camper, Brett Hoops is a no, I told him I would pick him up, Dean is staying in Vestal I believe, and havent heard anything form Edgar or Allen .Bill Biddle is bringing his camper.
We used to have a great little Friday night party/feed.

CraigThompson 05-21-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McCormack (Post 388930)
Any of you staying at the Quality Inn in Vestal NY, don't miss this!:

https://annunciationvestal.ny.goarch.org/greek-festival

Goes for 4 nites; food is great, cash bar(s) with wine and beers on tap by the pitchers, platters or tapas style bites. Everything cooked to order. Full desert menu (Baklava is to die for!!).

Great value for the money as a dinner getaway for one or more nights. Big tent canopies for the weather and friendly people looking to party. Big parking lot behind the church with Vestal PD keeping order as needed.

Music, ethnic dancing and is literally withing walking distance of the QI. Saw a Helen of Troy lookalike contest winner there one year!

I stayed at The Candlewood in Vestal the last two years . It wasn’t inexpensive but it was however easily the nicest place I’ve stayed when attending one of these events .

scott kittredge 05-23-2023 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens (Post 388947)
Any one camping out?
I am planning to, but our group of happy campers has dwindled. Kenny Graft may bring his little camper, Brett Hoops is a no, I told him I would pick him up, Dean is staying in Vestal I believe, and havent heard anything form Edgar or Allen .Bill Biddle is bringing his camper.
We used to have a great little Friday night party/feed.

Harold,
Bill Janelle and I are planing on camping out if weather is good. Hope weather is good for all.
scott

Harold Lee Pickens 05-23-2023 07:10 AM

Good to hear that Scotty, see you guys there!
I am going to get there Wednesday afternoon, how about you?

Dean Romig 05-23-2023 07:56 AM

We’ll arrive early afternoon on the 1st and yes, we’re staying at the Quality Inn in Vestal but wilm make the “field of campers” our home base.

With those sudden Endless Mountain cloudbursts we’ll be ready for everything.
See you there.

scott kittredge 05-23-2023 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens (Post 389050)
Good to hear that Scotty, see you guys there!
I am going to get there Wednesday afternoon, how about you?

still working on that i would like to get there late wed :corn:

Dan Steingraber 05-23-2023 10:14 AM

Does anyone know what time the shooting starts on Thursday? I’ve got a itchy trigger finger. :)

CraigThompson 05-23-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber (Post 389060)
Does anyone know what time the shooting starts on Thursday? I’ve got a itchy trigger finger. :)

9:00 AM I would think .

Harry Gietler 05-23-2023 03:19 PM

great deals

The Word on the Street is, a Fellow will be their with the Best Deals on some
of the Best Doubles out their, that means to bring plenty of Cash!

Harry

Stephen Hodges 05-23-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Gietler (Post 389078)
The Word on the Street is, a Fellow will be their with the Best Deals on some
of the Best Doubles out their, that means to bring plenty of Cash!

Harry

Harry and who would that be????:corn:

scott kittredge 05-23-2023 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Hodges (Post 389095)
Harry and who would that be????:corn:

And what are the great sxs's:corn: