Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2023 Vintage Gunners Cup Info (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39488)

MattHaney 06-22-2023 08:33 PM

2023 Vintage Gunners Cup Info

I know everyone here is already aware with the Annual Meeting taking place in conjunction, but I wanted to post the latest info. The 25th Annual Vintage Gunners Cup, will be held September 7-9, 2023, at Warrington Sporting Clays in Wellsville, PA.

There are numerous area attractions for an extended trip or for non-shooting spouses/family members: National Civil War Museum, Gettysburg, Hershey Chocolate World and Park, Hershey Shopping Outlets, the capitol city of Harrisburg, Carlisle, Army Historical Education Center, Fly Fishing on the famous Yellow Breeches, The Appalachian Hiking Trail, Waggoner’s Gap Hawk Watch, Pinchot and Pine Grove Furnace State Parks, wineries, cider houses, golf courses, orchards, and much more!

The format will be similar to past Vintage Gunners Cups with shotgun side events on Thursday and Friday, and the main event on Saturday. Side events (hammerless and hammergun) will be held in all gauges from 10 through .410. In addition, other special events will include American Classics competitions, women's competitions, an 8-gauge challenge, the John Dickson & Son Round Action challenge and various side-games. There will be trappers on all stations this year.

For complete info, including pre-registration form and information on area accommodations, restaurants and attractions, visit the Vintage Gunners website at: https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup. Just scroll down to find the forms and vendor list and other information.

We'll have more updates on the Vintage Gunner website as the date approaches.

Here is the list of confirmed vendors and exhibitors as it stands now. We expect to add a few more.

Vintage Doubles
Robin Hollow Outfitters
Steve Barnett Fine Guns
Westley Richards
John Dickson and Son
Best Wingshooting
Geoffroy Gournet - Master Engraver
John Liberati Books
Hound and Hare
Stephen Cobb Quality Guns
Poulin Antiques & Auctions, Inc.
Morphy Auctions
Country Pursuits and Outfitters
Ermilio Clothiers
Woodcock Hill, Inc.
Thomas Bland & Sons Gunmakers Ltd.
Macnab Fine Shotguns & Accessories
John Allgood Sporting Arms
Dubarry of Ireland
A.H. Fox Collectors Association
L.C. Smith Collectors Association
Parker Gun Collectors Association
Lefever Arms Collectors Association
German Gun Collectors Association
American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Chris Batha
The Leatherman Traditional Leather Goods, Inc.
Heritage Guns
Feathers Fly
Leather Link Studio
Ruffed Grouse Society | American Woodcock Society
Delaney & Sons

Look forward to seeing many of the Parker collectors there. It's going to be a great event and lots of fun!

-----Matt

Bob Decker 06-22-2023 11:04 PM

Is there any information to rent a cart?

CraigThompson 06-23-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Decker (Post 390837)
Is there any information to rent a cart?

Last time I was at Warrington they had about half a dozen carts so certainly not enough . But I asked Ray Macnaughton a few weeks ago and he seemed to think it was being worked on as far as a rental service was concered .

If I were inly carrying a gun I'd say a cart isn't needed at Warrington , however it's all that other crap I tend to carry around the course that I don't wanna be carrying myself .

Daryl Corona 06-23-2023 12:00 PM

There will be golf carts for rent but a push cart is more than enough on this course. There are over a dozen push carts for use, first come/first served, and must be returned every night to the storage shed. I'll check this week to see how they will be handling these carts.

MattHaney 06-23-2023 12:50 PM

There will be carts for rent; we are finalizing the cost with the vendor. Stay tuned!----Matt

CraigThompson 06-23-2023 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 390854)
There will be golf carts for rent but a push cart is more than enough on this course. There are over a dozen push carts for use, first come/first served, and must be returned every night to the storage shed. I'll check this week to see how they will be handling these carts.

Motorized is the only way to go :rotf:

Chuck Bishop 06-23-2023 02:07 PM

There are going to be traffic jams on the narrow paths to and from stations! Best to use a push cart if possible.

Dean Romig 06-23-2023 04:12 PM

...said the guy with two good knees and hips... :whistle:

CraigThompson 06-23-2023 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 390869)
There are going to be traffic jams on the narrow paths to and from stations! Best to use a push cart if possible.

And so it shall be ! Traffic jams in abundance :whistle:

Chuck Bishop 06-23-2023 04:26 PM

Not me Dean. I rent a cart whenever I can. I have trouble walking too!

Mike Koneski 06-23-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 390878)
...said the guy with two good knees and hips... :whistle:

I think you have Chuck confused with a younger man!! :rotf::rotf:

Dean Romig 07-11-2023 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was horrified to see that the 2-person golf carts are available at $100/day or $300 for the whole 3-day event…

IMO that’s OUTRAGEOUS❗️❗️

Stan Hoover 07-11-2023 10:28 AM

Cart Rental

Dean,
I would agree that those prices seem high.

I will say if there is a course where you do not need a cart, this would be the one. The paths on their regular course are not big and will be much easier to navigate with a push cart.
Unless they widen the paths some, there are quite a few areas where 2 carts will not be able to pass.
The good thing is, the course is flat, no hills!

CraigThompson 07-11-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hoover (Post 391787)
Dean,
I would agree that those prices seem high.

!

I think $100 a day is kinda stout for a four person cart much less a two person cart :whistle:

Dean Romig 07-11-2023 11:08 AM

Maybe they’re trying to discourage golf cart use by charging these exorbitant prices.

Randy G Roberts 07-11-2023 11:11 AM

I do not like that pricing either but unfortunately I feel the need to rent a cart
with multiple trips to the truck for different shooting events to swap guns, get bullets etc. And then there's the tent display which makes for trips to the parking area at least 2X per day, at least.

How far is the parking lot from the actual shooting? If it is directly adjacent I might reconsider, maybe? As said before I do not like the pricing but I might dislike the alternative of no cart even less. Educate me about this venue :corn:

CraigThompson 07-11-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 391790)
I do not like that pricing either but unfortunately I feel the need to rent a cart
with multiple trips to the truck for different shooting events to swap guns, get bullets etc. And then there's the tent display which makes for trips to the parking area at least 2X per day, at least.

How far is the parking lot from the actual shooting? If it is directly adjacent I might reconsider, maybe? As said before I do not like the pricing but I might dislike the alternative of no cart even less. Educate me about this venue :corn:

It’s flat and it’s tight they make the most out of what real estate they have . Cart paths are literally that a cart path . If My memory serves it might be 100-200 yards from the clubhouse to the course . Now where the tent will be I do not know . I’ve only been to this place once and I liked it but as I always make it very clear I like it better with a cart and the one time I shot there I had a cart .

CraigThompson 07-11-2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 391789)
Maybe they’re trying to discourage golf cart use by charging these exorbitant prices.

I have no doubt that plays into it . I also think the folks putting this thing together are most likely taking a cut from cart rentals .

Randy G Roberts 07-11-2023 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 391791)
It’s flat and it’s tight they make the most out of what real estate they have . Cart paths are literally that a cart path . If My memory serves it might be 100-200 yards from the clubhouse to the course . Now where the tent will be I do not know . I’ve only been to this place once and I liked it but as I always make it very clear I like it better with a cart and the one time I shot there I had a cart .

Just looked at it on Google Earth and the parking lot is extremely small which leads me to believe a good deal of the parking will be in adjacent fields. Location will be based upon time of arrival I would assume. I'm with Craig on this one, a cart it is.

If they put the vendor tents in the parking area we may all be in the field. We will find out in time I suppose...

Reggie Bishop 07-11-2023 02:12 PM

Men shooting high priced classic shotguns gnashing their teeth over cart rental fees. I love it! :duck:

Randy G Roberts 07-11-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 391796)
Men shooting high priced classic shotguns gnashing their teeth over cart rental fees. I love it! :duck:

Good point Reggie. :rotf:

Bill Murphy 07-11-2023 02:58 PM

Is there a website with a diagram of the grounds and facilities?

Randy G Roberts 07-11-2023 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 391798)
Is there a website with a diagram of the grounds and facilities?

Google Earth will work.

Mike Koneski 07-12-2023 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 391796)

No different than NSCA shooters wanting everything for free, shooting $20,000 O/Us, driving $80K trucks pulling a trailer holding a $30,000 tricked out UTV that seats 4 and they bitch about $1/target. That's why we no longer throw registered birds.

Stan Hoover 07-16-2023 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 391836)
No different than NSCA shooters wanting everything for free, shooting $20,000 O/Us, driving $80K trucks pulling a trailer holding a $30,000 tricked out UTV that seats 4 and they bitch about $1/target. That's why we no longer throw registered birds.

You mean like such:)? You may have to work on those paths for my new toy:rolleyes:

Randy G Roberts 07-16-2023 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hoover (Post 392035)
You mean like such:)? You may have to work on those paths for my new toy:rolleyes:

Cancelled my cart Stan. I'm ridin with you and the boys. I'm good for gas money 🤑

Bill Murphy 07-17-2023 07:00 AM

Stan, tell us a bit about your new toy.

CraigThompson 07-17-2023 10:18 AM

Quote:

Stan you da Man ! I’m sure that thing cost as much if not more than my pickup :whistle:

Mike Koneski 07-17-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Paths? Paths? You don't need no steeenking paths!! :rotf::rotf:

Mike Koneski 07-17-2023 10:35 AM

Stan, I know you have enough truck to haul that beast up here. :bowdown:

Stan Hoover 07-17-2023 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 392067)
Stan, tell us a bit about your new toy.

Sorry Murphy,

I just seen the beast over the weekend and I was trying to rattle big Mike’s chain a little :cool:
Unbelievable what some people spend on these UTV’s, I was trying to figure out what the cost might be on one of these, it’s way more than Mr Hoover wants to spend :whistle:
AC so you can stay cool while waiting to shoot, all kinds of bells and whistles. A tractor is on the list before such a beast

CraigThompson 07-17-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hoover (Post 392085)
Sorry Murphy,

I just seen the beast over the weekend and I was trying to rattle big Mike’s chain a little :cool:
Unbelievable what some people spend on these UTV’s, I was trying to figure out what the cost might be on one of these, it’s way more than Mr Hoover wants to spend :whistle:
AC so you can stay cool while waiting to shoot, all kinds of bells and whistles. A tractor is on the list before such a beast

I dare say new set up like that one with heat and air it would knock the heck out of 36k in todays market .

Mike Koneski 07-17-2023 12:42 PM

I agree with Craig.

CraigThompson 07-17-2023 01:05 PM

Just think 75k pickup , 10k Featherlite trailer and a 36k UTV just for shooting makes quite the 120k caravan :whistle:

Garry L Gordon 07-17-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 392093)
Just think 75k pickup , 10k Featherlite trailer and a 36k UTV just for shooting makes quite the 120k caravan :whistle:

Would that buy that special Parker set you often drool over opine about?:)

CraigThompson 07-18-2023 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 392098)
Would that buy that special Parker set you often drool over opine about?:)

I doubt it I think it’s at about 250k :whistle:

Garry L Gordon 07-18-2023 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 392136)
I doubt it I think it’s at about 250k :whistle:

:shock::shock::shock:

Bill Murphy 07-18-2023 09:35 AM

The estimated $120K investment in the vehicles in question is nothing compared to the investment in Parkers for some of our members.

Stan Hoover 07-18-2023 09:59 AM

Bill,

do those members you referrence post pistures of their fine Parkers??

Asking for a friend:cool:

Dean Romig 07-18-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hoover (Post 392152)
Bill,

do those members you referrence post pistures of their fine Parkers??

Asking for a friend:cool:

Occasionally Stan... but I'm certainly not one of them.