Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nom de plumes (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2911)

John Davis 12-01-2010 07:14 AM

Nom de plumes

As noted in other threads, John Dunkle has made some changes to the web-site which now allows for the use of a nom de plume. He seems to have covered all the bases and addressed all the issues and concerns surrounding the use of such names. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank John for all his hard work and our hats are off to him. I'll be the first to admit that most of us on the board are completely lost at sea when it comes to technical computer issues and we rely heavily on John to lead and guide us in this area. I'm afraid we far too often forget to thank John appropriately for his contributions and perhaps take his incredible skills and talents for granted. So, thanks again John for all you do for the PGCA and its membership.

John Davis, Chairman of the Board, PGCA.

Jean Swanson 12-01-2010 07:59 AM

Mr. Davis : I share your thoughts concerning John Dunkle---well said---my engineering skills far exceed my literary ability to express myself as well as you.I have been working with John during the transfer of the treasures responsibilities and without John's help I would be completely lost . Thanks for all that you do ---the guy from Vermont ,Allan

Dean Romig 12-01-2010 08:40 AM

Well said gentlemen. John catches amazing amounts of flak (and Kudos) behind the scenes by telephone, e-mails and PMs from all angles and all levels of membership.

He really does work very hard to make this website - the PGCA as successful as he is able through his formiddable talents.

Larry Frey 12-01-2010 09:14 AM

One of the things that make the PGCA stand out from all the other collector organizations is the people like John and so many others who give freely of their time and expertise to help create this community of like minded people and give them the ability to share their knowledge and experiences with others. Thanks John for all your efforts in making the PGCA website what it is today, simply the best. Larry

Bill Mullins 12-01-2010 11:14 AM

Hey John! You are the daily "Parker Pages" to many of our members! I often "click" on the web site three or four times during the day. You provide that medium for so many of our members to enjoy! A great big THANK YOU!! It is the "flagship" of gun collector web sites!!! Keep up the great work and new ideas!! Bill

Tom Brown 12-01-2010 06:00 PM

Ditto, Larry. T

John Dunkle 12-02-2010 07:54 AM

Ummmm...... Wow....

I saw this last evening - and being ill prepared for a lengthy reply (I'm traveling and using my iPhone for web/email/admin access - it's not pretty but it works ;) )....

For that, rather - thank you guys.. I mean that... You see - without this organization we call the PGCA - I wouldn't have a role?

But rather, it's you fellows on the BOD, along with your predecessors and future Board Members, current & future PGCA Members - and volunteers that make this community and organization great. By comparison, I look at the work you folks donate to the organization, Austin performs for Parker Pages, Mark does with letters, Robin does with the web reference - and many, many others - to whom I stand in awe.

I also stand in awe of all those who have taken the time, caring and concern for this community and its "citizens" - who show up each and everyday and post their comments to share their knowledge, welcoming words, pictures and sometimes - with a few chuckles along the way...

All those things combined make this site all it has become - and that's certainly not to my credit. Rather, that's to your collective credit.

By comparison - my role is "easy". You see, this is the PGCA forum and site. I simply volunteered to try to make it the best it could be under my stewardship as it evolves - so all of us here can simply contribute to this community each and every day, with each and every post and each and every welcoming note to the "new guy" and each and every chuckle...

So - finally - thank all of you - the BOD, the PGCA Members and users to this site - for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this organization and volunteer in some small way in delivering up your website & community each day....

My Best Always,

John

(Now I have to go buy a new iPhone - I think I wore out the electronic keyboard on this one..??!! ;) )

Dean Romig 12-02-2010 09:07 AM

John, were you driving when you typed all that?? :eek:

John Dunkle 12-02-2010 09:13 AM

:rotf:

Nope - inside the hotel room looking out at the beach, Gulf of Mexico and wistfully thinking the day would be a whole lot better if the temperature wasn't FORTY-SIX DEGREES right now in Florida???!!!???

;)

richard lambert 12-02-2010 09:16 AM

John are you near Panama City?

John Dunkle 12-02-2010 09:21 AM

Hi!! I'm on "chilly" Sanibel Island.. Not sure where Panama City is (hung on - there's an "app for that" ;)...)... OK - it's about an 8 hour drive away from where I am - so say's my iPhone..??

richard lambert 12-02-2010 09:24 AM

Try the surf fishing you might get into some pompano. Hope your visit is a good one.

Mark Conrad 12-02-2010 09:34 AM

I also want to thank John D for all he has done with the site, membership, questions on just about everything gun related, research letters, and etc, etc. This guy doesn't pass the buck, he fixes the problem. We are very fortunate to have him. Thank You.

Thanks to John Davis as well for saying so.

John, I still don't have good pictures of you know what. It is sitting in the garage, all 505 horses. I will get you some shortly.

John Dunkle 12-02-2010 02:42 PM

Awww - shoot...

Thanks Mark..... But, honestly - all the rest of the folks do the "heavy lifting" on the research letters (specifically - YOU!!! ;) ), on the Forum (those who post and have made it theirs & the PGCA Community) and the Board - who I know spends countless hours of volunteering their time to make all this work.... So right back at you, Mark.... Simply,

Thank you.....

On another note - 505 horses you say..??!!! YIKES!!!!! :) :)

Now, back to the beach.... It's warmed up down here (YEA!!!) but Jen (my wife) is looking at me like I'm nuts as I type like a crazy man on my silly iPhone..??!!!

John

Mark Conrad 12-02-2010 05:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
John, how would you like to take this baby around VIR. Note the green grass here in tropical VB.

MC

John Dunkle 12-02-2010 05:59 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have *any* idea what you are saying??? That is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can - and would I take that around VIR????? YOU BET..!!!??!!!

Remember - I race cars with their engines in the "wrong end"..??? But - you bet, Mark!! dang - if that isn't just beautiful..!!!!

Just beautiful.....

Congratulations on your "new baby", Mark !!!!

John

Dave Suponski 12-02-2010 06:03 PM

Mark, Just don,t let John borrow it....:) Awesome ride Mark Congratulations

Frank Cronin 12-02-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Conrad (Post 28856)
John, I still don't have good pictures of you know what. It is sitting in the garage, all 505 horses. I will get you some shortly.

505 ponies is quite impressive! My question is what does it have for torque - "fun to ride factor"? Because that’s the kind of power that counts in real-world riding—pulling away from stop lights, passing a truck at 65 MPH in top gear, and just flat out hauling ass!

A real head turner Mark. Having that much under the hood or in my case my Harley Davidson with more than twice the amount of HP and TQ than stock -- there is a price to pay... replacing rear tires from smoking 'em, clutches, brake pads, etc, etc...

Congrats,

Frank

Dean Romig 12-02-2010 09:23 PM

TOOO MUCH my friend!!

:envy:

Ed Blake 12-02-2010 10:55 PM

It's a little known fact that 505 ponies take up two parking spaces at the gun club.

John Davis 12-03-2010 05:42 AM

Mark, I'm up to seven ponies at the barn.

Mark Conrad 12-03-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Cronin (Post 28911)
505 ponies is quite impressive! My question is what does it have for torque - "fun to ride factor"? Because that’s the kind of power that counts in real-world riding—pulling away from stop lights, passing a truck at 65 MPH in top gear, and just flat out hauling ass!

A real head turner Mark. Having that much under the hood or in my case my Harley Davidson with more than twice the amount of HP and TQ than stock -- there is a price to pay... replacing rear tires from smoking 'em, clutches, brake pads, etc, etc...

Congrats,

Frank

Well the torque is only 470 ft lbs in a 3000 lb car. It willl break the 12 inch tires loose at will. Actually I need a new set of tires for the rear. The engine is the LS7 motor, 427 cubic inches, which will probably be dropped when the C7 comes out. This car will get 30 miles to the gallon on the road. I hear the C7 will have a motor that is less than 350 cubic inches and it will put out 450, 550 and 650 hp. I really don't see how they can make them any better but I am sure they will.

Mark

Bruce Day 12-03-2010 09:39 AM

Mark, sounds like I should have kept the '85 Vette, which I bought new along with a Parker Repro 28ga. I've sold both. I bought the Corvette with the 7 speed manual/auto transmission which I thought I would get used to but never did. I should have bought a regular automatic in it. I still have the old family Mercedes 450 SL but it has less HP than the Suburban. Oh well, your photos make me start thinking again and maybe one of these days.......
Nice machine. Did you get rid of the green one?

Mark Conrad 12-05-2010 09:57 AM

The green one is for sale. Bruce, if you buy it I will deliver it.

BTW, it snowed here in tropical VB last night.

MC

Richard Flanders 12-05-2010 01:16 PM

Nice ride Mark! Being from the Detroit area and having grown up with REAL muscle cars, I can appreciate that one. What happened to the 1000hp 'Vette that was on the table? I have friends who were working on the design a few yrs back.

Mark Conrad 12-05-2010 02:17 PM

The current ZR1 has 638 hp. It also costs over $100,000. Thats more than was imagined just a few years ago. I suspect with the government owning a piece of GM now, the horsepower will come down. It must be nice to know someone on the inside. They are tight lipped.