Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2023 Hall of Fame Dinner (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37660)

Jeff Kuss 11-01-2022 05:48 PM

2023 Hall of Fame Dinner

Seventh Parker Gun Foundation Induction Ceremony and Hall of Fame Banquet

The Parker Gun Foundation will host the Seventh Parker Gun Foundation’s Hall of Fame Banquet
and Induction Ceremony at 7 pm on April 28,2023 to honor its new inductee.

This year’s inductee is Louis Parker, one of the authors of the Parker Story and a member of the Parker
Family.

The event, as usual, is in conjunction with the Southern SXS Championships in Sanford NC. It is a very popular social and dinner event.

Carolina Trace Country Club in Sanford, at 2100 Country Club Drive, will be our venue. The food will be
excellent, the hospitality warm and for our shooters and collector/buyers, the location is very close to
the Southern SXS and the PGCA hotel.

The venue is fabulous, the guests are at the top of our collecting and shooting fraternity and the
distinguished inductee is richly deserving of the honor.

As is our custom, we encourage our honorees to bring some of their favorite items from their collections to display for us. We know that Louis will have some special treasures on display. It will be a night to remember.

Tickets are $125 and are available on a first come first serve basis. They will only be available be sending a check payable to The Parker Gun Foundation to George Purtill at –
George Purtill
Hall of Fame Dinner
2146 Main Street
Glastonbury, Ct 06033
Space is limited to 100 people. Tickets will not be available at the door. Questions- Please email
George.m.purtill@snet.net

Garry L Gordon 11-01-2022 06:33 PM

Thanks, Jeff for this information, and thanks to George for his role, too.

Bill Murphy 11-02-2022 03:03 PM

I don't remember a PGCA hotel being mentioned in 2022. What is the PGCA hotel this year?

Dean Romig 11-29-2022 05:28 PM

We'll be there. I sent my check to George today.

allen newell 12-06-2022 05:14 PM

Dean, are you driving down there?

Dean Romig 12-07-2022 11:11 AM

We haven’t decided yet if we’re driving or flying.

We’ll let you know when we decide.

CraigThompson 12-07-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 376937)
We haven’t decided yet if we’re driving or flying.

We’ll let you know when we decide.

I flew down the first time I came and it was fine in a six passenger plane . Flew into the little rinky dink airport almost in sight of Deep River .

Mike Koneski 12-07-2022 04:10 PM

Craig, some of us can't take enough guns and ammo on a plane!! :rotf::shock:

CraigThompson 12-07-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 376978)
Craig, some of us can't take enough guns and ammo on a plane!! :rotf::shock:

That trip I brought two EH guns for display and only stayed four or five hours . That was 2018 I believe then didn’t return until 2021 .

CraigThompson 12-13-2022 09:48 PM

Okay my check for the dinner is in the mail .

George M. Purtill 12-17-2022 02:24 PM

Louis Parker

You will not believe the stuff that Louis has to display.
By the way I am getting checks from people I have never seen or heard of.
You old regulars should not wait to the last minute.
My limit is 100 and I ain't giving up my ticket............

Allen Peterson 01-03-2023 05:07 AM

My dad lived in Carolina Trace not a bad place for dinner. Nice Robert Trent Jones Golf course

Matthew Hanson 01-22-2023 05:46 PM

I got my tickets!! I am so excited!! holy cow!! Now I need a name tag..... :)

Mike Franzen 01-24-2023 05:40 PM

Hey George, I need 2 tickets. Check is in the mail!!

Matthew Hanson 01-24-2023 08:36 PM

Mike you better be there!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 380633)
Hey George, I need 2 tickets. Check is in the mail!!

George M. Purtill 01-25-2023 01:14 PM

NO TICKETS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Hanson (Post 380514)
I got my tickets!! I am so excited!! holy cow!! Now I need a name tag..... :)

Holy Cow is right.
I am not making or sending tickets (as usual) and so I would love to see the tickets you got.
We decided years ago to NOT print tickets nor mail them out so we could keep the event affordable.
George

Matthew Hanson 01-25-2023 01:54 PM

Then I hope I am on the list? Pretty sure I was paid for? Party crasher? :rotf::rotf:
Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 380695)
Holy Cow is right.
I am not making or sending tickets (as usual) and so I would love to see the tickets you got.
We decided years ago to NOT print tickets nor mail them out so we could keep the event affordable.
George

George M. Purtill 01-25-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Hanson (Post 380696)
Then I hope I am on the list? Pretty sure I was paid for? Party crasher? :rotf::rotf:

You are paid for by a secret admirer.......

Chuck Bishop 01-30-2023 09:11 PM

Bring your spouse to the HOF Dinner

I'd like to encourage everyone to attend the HOF Dinner at the Spring Southern this April. I'd especially like to see the guys bring their spouses. I think they would enjoy the event. You don't have to be a dues paying PGCA member to attend this event. It's once in a lifetime to see Louis Parker's family treasures. I hope to see some of our women there.
Chuck Bishop

Michael Moffa 01-31-2023 12:11 AM

The not printing tickets caused Pretty Wife and I to miss the 2019 HOF dinner. I even asked our esteemed President where he was going for dinner that Friday night as he was wearing tux. He never mentioned going to the HOF dinner. If he had my Pretty Wife and I would have gone as we had bought tickets months before. We went to our first HOF the year before and it was on Saturday night. I never realized that it was moved back to Friday night in 2019. I didn't even know until after the Parker Smith challenge that it was the previous night. My bad but still tickets would have helped. Are there seats still open for this years events?

George M. Purtill 01-31-2023 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Moffa (Post 381107)
The not printing tickets caused Pretty Wife and I to miss the 2019 HOF dinner. I even asked our esteemed President where he was going for dinner that Friday night as he was wearing tux. He never mentioned going to the HOF dinner. If he had my Pretty Wife and I would have gone as we had bought tickets months before. We went to our first HOF the year before and it was on Saturday night. I never realized that it was moved back to Friday night in 2019. I didn't even know until after the Parker Smith challenge that it was the previous night. My bad but still tickets would have helped. Are there seats still open for this years events?

Yes there are Mike.

George M. Purtill 01-31-2023 08:34 AM

Confirmation of purchase and menu choice

I need emails for anyone going to the dinner for two reasons:
First I will send you a confirmation that I have received your check.
Second so I can get your menu selection once Jimmy hall decides what we are eating!!
Thanks

Dean Romig 01-31-2023 08:46 AM

There is limited seating for the Parker Foundation Hall of Fame Induction Banquet as George stated in his opening post, of 100 max. I’m glad I sent payment for two soon after his initial post.
Maybe George can tell us what the count to date is…

Mike Kobos 01-31-2023 09:32 AM

George,
PM sent
Mike

Stan Hoover 01-31-2023 10:12 AM

I had purchased tickets last year for this event and I would like to do so again, but, I'm still trying to work through the logistics of making it happen with fellow travelers:rolleyes:

Matthew Hanson 01-31-2023 10:17 AM

I am so excited to go to this event. This will be my first HOF dinner and I think I picked a good one. My question George is the attire? Tie? Assoct? Tweed? Suit?

George M. Purtill 01-31-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Hanson (Post 381133)
I am so excited to go to this event. This will be my first HOF dinner and I think I picked a good one. My question George is the attire? Tie? Assoct? Tweed? Suit?

Most people choose business casual except for Koneski who goes Biker Formal.

Dean Romig 01-31-2023 11:36 AM

I generally wear a jacket and tie to this and the PGCA Annual Meeting Banquet, but that’s just me. Others do and still others wear business casual.

Garry L Gordon 02-01-2023 09:19 AM

Posted my check this morning. Elaine and I are looking forward to being there. Louis was so gracious in helping me with my research on Wilbur, Sr., and I want to have the chance to talk with him in person...and see what I'm sure will be some stunning Parker treasures.

George M. Purtill 02-01-2023 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 381211)
Posted my check this morning. Elaine and I are looking forward to being there. Louis was so gracious in helping me with my research on Wilbur, Sr., and I want to have the chance to talk with him in person...and see what I'm sure will be some stunning Parker treasures.

send me your email address please

Garry L Gordon 02-01-2023 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 381214)
send me your email address please

George, I included my email and our names in my note with the check. Thanks for your good work! Garry — g.g2@aol.com

CraigThompson 02-01-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 381138)

How about Hawaiian subdued :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Mike Koneski 02-01-2023 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 381138)

George, George, George, you do realize that I did wear a sport coat and tie? Granted it was leather, but it was a sport coat! It was rather stylish. I thought just wearing a tie would be enough but nooooooo!!! A tie is like a noose to me and a sport coat/suit like a straight jacket!!

That's why I like the Parker banquet, I can wear a Hawaiian shirt just like Chuck and Mike Franzen. That's as formal as I care to be. Just sayin'. :bigbye:

Mills Morrison 02-01-2023 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 381248)
George, George, George, you do realize that I did wear a sport coat and tie? Granted it was leather, but it was a sport coat! It was rather stylish. I thought just wearing a tie would be enough but nooooooo!!! A tie is like a noose to me and a sport coat/suit like a straight jacket!!

That's why I like the Parker banquet, I can wear a Hawaiian shirt just like Chuck and Mike Franzen. That's as formal as I care to be. Just sayin'. :bigbye:

So that was you in the coat and tie? And we thought you didn’t make it

My check was in the mail as of last week and should be received by now

Mike Koneski 02-01-2023 04:42 PM

Mills, you took the photo!! :rotf::shock:

Chuck Bishop 02-01-2023 06:35 PM

Get your self a Hawaiian sports coat, a clip on Hawaiian tie, you already have the shirt, and a pair of slacks and your all set. Just sayin!

Michael Moffa 02-02-2023 02:47 PM

Checks in the mail for tix for The Pretty Wife and myself. Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Josh Loewensteiner 02-09-2023 10:27 AM

Sent in my check today!

Mike Franzen 02-09-2023 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 381248)
That's why I like the Parker banquet, I can wear a Hawaiian shirt just like Chuck and Mike Franzen.

Looking to Chuck and me for social cues might not be the wisest option. Now John Davis and Tom Wooden can teach you how to dress like a dandy!

Michael Moffa 02-09-2023 07:38 PM

George did the check show up?