Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 PGF Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Banquet (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26258)

Dean Romig 01-17-2019 04:10 PM

2019 PGF Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Banquet

3 Attachment(s)
Sixth Annual Parker Gun Foundation
Induction Ceremony
& Hall of Fame Banquet

The Parker Gun Foundation will host the Sixth Annual Parker Gun Foundation’s Hall of Fame Banquet and Induction ceremony at 7 pm on Friday, April 26, 2019, to honor its annual Inductees.

This year’s inductees are John Davis and Jimmy Hall, two of the finest gentlemen in this organization and who are familiar to all of us.

The event, as usual, is in conjunction with the Southern SXS Championships in Sanford, NC and it is a very popular social and dinner event.

Carolina Trace Country Club in Sanford, at 2100 Country Club Drive, will be our venue. The food will be excellent, the hospitality warm and for our shooters and collector/buyers, the location is very close to the Southern SXS and our PGCA hotel.
The new venue is fabulous, the guests are the top of our collecting and shooting fraternity and our distinguished inductees are richly deserving of this honor.
As is our custom, we encourage our honorees to bring some of their favorite items from their collections to display for us and we know these fellows have some special treasures! It will be a night to remember - we promise you.
Tickets are only $100, and are available on a first come first serve basis, and are only available by sending a check to me at –

George M. Purtill
Hall of Fame Dinner
2146 Main Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033

WARNING: SPACE IS CURRENTLY LIMITED TO 100 PEOPLE. TICKETS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR AND WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY. - IF YOU NEED ANSWERS TO ANY QUESTIONS - EMAIL ME AT george.m.purtill@snet.net

Mills Morrison 01-17-2019 04:28 PM

Congratulations Jimmy and John! Well deserved.

I already sent my check in for tickets a week or so ago.

Dean Romig 01-17-2019 05:52 PM

Banquet hall picture just added.

Randy G Roberts 01-17-2019 07:45 PM

Congratulations gentlemen. An honor indeed.

CraigThompson 01-17-2019 11:14 PM

Congratulations gentlemen!

Bill Mullins 01-17-2019 11:19 PM

This will be a great venue close to all the Southern SxS activities and Sanford motels/hotels. All those attending will see two very worthy Inductees in John Davis and Jimmy Hall as well as some very interesting Parkers and supporting memobilia. 😊

Brian Dudley 01-18-2019 10:25 AM

The venue looks great! Thanks to all involved for organizing it.

Jay Baskette 01-19-2019 09:11 PM

This is the only venue I've been where they sent someone out to take my dinner and drink order while I was coming up the 18th fairway....

George M. Purtill 01-25-2019 01:47 PM

This is going to be a wicked good event at a wicked good venue for two wicked good inductees.

WICKEDDDDDDDDDD GOOD FUN

HOWEVER It will be difficult for us Northerners to understand any speeches by Jimmy or John SO..... I have hired two interpreters who will stand by to translate for them.

Mills Morrison 01-25-2019 02:46 PM

No problem. Just speed up the tape when you play it back

Get My Cousin Vinny as the interpreter

Bill Holcombe 01-25-2019 02:58 PM

Looks beautiful and ya'll will have a grand time. Hope everyone has fun and congrats to the inductees.

Mills Morrison 01-25-2019 03:00 PM

I have two tickets already. Very much looking forward to this event

George M. Purtill 01-25-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 263897)
No problem. Just speed up the tape when you play it back.

Mills - if I sped up Jimma Haaalll I would NEVER understand him. And Davis? How do you speed up a mumble?
I think we’re going to have to provide closed captioning and a big screen TV.

Dean Romig 01-25-2019 08:04 PM

Kidding aside though, John and Jimmy are two of the kindest and most hon'able Southern Gent'men I have evah met, and more than worthy of induction to the Parker Gun Foundation's Hall of Fame.

Jim DiSpagno 01-25-2019 08:08 PM

But they both started hunting in their yute

Mills Morrison 01-25-2019 10:21 PM

How do you slow down one of you northerners?

Mike McKinney 01-25-2019 10:56 PM

George, I’ll be glad to interpret if you’d like. I can understand both Jimmy and John. Mike

Chuck Bishop 01-25-2019 11:15 PM

Mike, thanks for your help, I think:banghead::crying::nono::rotf:

George M. Purtill 01-26-2019 04:40 PM

Them there boys are the best and it promises to be a good time folks.
Get your tickets early.
Email me your reservations.

Michael Moffa 01-31-2019 08:57 PM

George:

Me and Pretty Wife will be there. Checks in the mail.

Michael

Gary Carmichael Sr 02-01-2019 08:57 AM

George, I will be sending for 5 tickets, translation is not hard, all you have to say is Y'all come, looks to be a fantastic event with two very deserving inductees, Gary

edgarspencer 02-01-2019 08:05 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iHIJfbYhQFg

Dean Romig 02-01-2019 11:48 PM

That was wonderful Edgar - Thanks!

Jeff Kuss 02-07-2019 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dinner favor for the Hall of Fame Dinner this year will be a Mouse Pad.

Mills Morrison 02-07-2019 09:38 AM

Cool!

George M. Purtill 02-07-2019 11:10 AM

Jeff did a really nice job as usual. We might have a few extra to sell at the dinner. Stay tuned.
We also plan to have a silent auction again like last year. Please contact me for donations.

Mark Ray 02-07-2019 11:10 PM

Dinner

Please reserve a spot for Robin and myself. We will send a check monday.

Thanks

Mark Ray 02-07-2019 11:26 PM

Okay, flights booked, hotel booked, sending dough for HOF dinner on Monday. I need to sign up for shoots......mostly self explanatory at the Southern SxS site....but what do I specifically need to do to attempt to qualify for the Parker / Smith challenge. I would suppose that that is generally a 12 gauge event, and that shooters must shoot either Parkers or Smiths?

Do we need golf carts at this event?

These questions estions and more!,

Excited to be there and put names with faces!

Mills Morrison 02-07-2019 11:29 PM

For the shooting, most people sign up there. The Parker Smith qualifying rounds are Friday and Saturday. Friday is usually lighter.

Randy G Roberts 02-08-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ray (Post 265178)
Okay, flights booked, hotel booked, sending dough for HOF dinner on Monday. I need to sign up for shoots......mostly self explanatory at the Southern SxS site....but what do I specifically need to do to attempt to qualify for the Parker / Smith challenge. I would suppose that that is generally a 12 gauge event, and that shooters must shoot either Parkers or Smiths?

Do we need golf carts at this event?

These questions estions and more!,

Excited to be there and put names with faces!

Mark, yes you do need to shoot a Parker or LC for the Challenge and most folks do shoot a 12 gauge as you referenced but you can shoot whatever you like. Remember there are also 20 and 16 gauge events. Opinions will vary but to me a cart is a must. I believe there is info on the Deep River site pertaining to the carts which are provided by Carolina Carriage as I recall. You will need to reserve one. I have their contact info if you cannot find it. As you are traveling you may be interested to know that RST is present and you can buy onsite if you would rather do so vs hauling your own. You can also stock up for the year and save on shipping. Good luck and see ya there !

Randy G Roberts 02-08-2019 11:46 AM

George please put me down for one ticket, check will go out today. Thanks !

George M. Purtill 02-08-2019 03:03 PM

Being the keeper of the LIST, it is very interesting to see that there are many first timers buying tickets this year in addition to the OLDE GUARDE.
It should be a helluva good time.

Mike McKinney 02-09-2019 10:20 PM

This event is one of the highlights of the year for me. Always a great venue with a very deserving line up of new inductees and I believe in every case folks who have done a lot for our organization and for us as Parker collectors. Thanks to you all who organize the event.

Mark Ray 02-12-2019 03:13 PM

I have been informed by "she who makes the rules" , my CURRENT wife, that the check for our seats at the dinner went into the mail today.

George M. Purtill 02-12-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McKinney (Post 265284)
This event is one of the highlights of the year for me.

It is for me as well Maaahkke because I get a chance to talk Southern with you and some others.

Mills Morrison 02-12-2019 05:04 PM

Could you speak a little slower George? I am having a hard time following you

George M. Purtill 02-12-2019 06:59 PM

Meeeels I was speeding myself up so my good friend McKinney could understand me.
You would never believe I spent 4 years in college in Virginia. When I graduated I spoke good Southern. But like my 8 years of Russian if you don’t use it you lose it. I can barely say hello.

Ticket sales are going well. I am way ahead of last year.

Jean Swanson 03-05-2019 07:06 AM

My long time friend Winston Churchill , world renown master engraver, has donated his personal GH Parker s/n 77660 to be auctioned by Bill Mullins at this years Foundation dinner at Carolina Chase Country Club on the 26th of April .
Along with the gun is a Parker letter by our Chuck Bishop, a signed letter by Winston stating the ownership, signed pictures of a Parker 28 bore that Winston engraved for a client and additionally there will be autographed pictures of Winston's "handy work". AND MORE!

Dean Romig 03-05-2019 07:42 AM

Allan, had Winston ever put his graver to this Parker GH in any way?

Do you have photos of the gun or of Winston with the gun?

Jeff Kuss 03-07-2019 06:57 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The Foundation has received a 12 ga. Lifter to be auctioned on the Silent Auction. Mark Kircher has graciously donated a 12 ga grade 2 lifter to the Foundation. The gun is chambered
2 5/8". It has 32" barrels on a 2 frame. The barrels are full and full. Both barrels have .035 constriction.
Members of the forum that are not going to the Hall of Fame dinner may bid on this gun by emailing Jeff Kuss at jeffkuss1@gmail.com. He will bid for them the night of the Silent Auction. The minimum bid is $750.