Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2019 VINTAGE CUP poster (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27619)

Frank Srebro 06-26-2019 06:20 PM

2019 VINTAGE CUP poster

2 Attachment(s)
FYI, I saw a poster for the 2019 Vintage Cup today and took two cell phone pics because it was too large for one pic. September 19-21 at Hidden Hollow in PA. Note that the World Side by Side Championship and the Fox-Parker Challenge will be held on Saturday 21st. This is all I know about the event.

Dean Romig 06-26-2019 08:50 PM

That is also included in the Summer Issue of Parker Pages.

Bill Jolliff 06-26-2019 10:54 PM

More info on the Vintage's web site:

http://vintagers.org/VC

Sara LeFever 08-12-2019 09:52 PM

Since we're getting close to being a month away from the Vintage Cup, who's planning on attending? I will be there Thursday afternoon through Saturday. :)

Sara

john pulis 08-13-2019 06:50 AM

same here, Thursday thru Saturday.

Eric Eis 08-13-2019 07:32 AM

Openning of bird season so I won't be there and I know Rich (COB) won't be either.

Brian Dudley 08-13-2019 07:34 AM

See you all there. I will be sharing a booth with some friends and helping out at the LACA booth. Maybe I will actually get to do some shooting this time.

Randy G Roberts 08-13-2019 07:49 AM

I will be attending for the first time. Looking forward to it.

Dean Romig 08-13-2019 08:03 AM

Has the PGCA been asked to set up a display booth at Hausmann’s/Vintagers??

Kevin McCormack 08-13-2019 10:58 AM

The AHFCA will be there in force. What about the "New England Mob" ??

Daryl Corona 08-13-2019 11:18 AM

I'll be there but only to participate in the FPC. For those of you who are familiar with Hausmann's be prepared for a drastic change in the parking situation. Looks like no more camping or parking in the field we are used to using for this event.

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 08-13-2019 12:25 PM

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. Do you have any idea what the parking arrangements will be?

Dean Romig 08-13-2019 12:49 PM

Kathy and I will be there. I'm sure hoping other New Englanders will be there too.

Steve Cambria 08-13-2019 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Dean Romig;279010]Has the PGCA been asked to set up a display booth at Hausmann’s/Vintagers??

At this late date, I certainly hope so Dean. :eek::eek::eek:

Speaking on behalf of the AHFCA, I'd like to invite/urge that the PGCA booth be set contiguously to ours. Clearly, the union of these two esteemed organizations is SYNERGISTIC to say the least. (1+1=Grand Slam!!)

Additionally, we're sponsoring the premiere shooting event of the weekend, the 8th Annual (hard to fathom) Fox vs. Parker Challenge so why on earth should we be on opposite ends of the big top?? Granted, we'll have to endure three days with "His Eminence" (that Bishop dude) but hell, nothing a handful of opioids can't suppress!! :crying::crying:

Also note, that all of the Fox BOD's are PGCA members as well (hmmm, unrequited love, perhaps?) and in the event of any labor shortage, we could certainly keep an eye out on your booth and vice versa. It just seems to make perfect sense but then again, so does the death penalty.....:banghead:

See you at The Hollow!!

Dean Romig 08-13-2019 01:00 PM

Thanks very much Steve.

I haven't heard anything so I had no idea what the plan was to be.
Kathy and I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday morning.

I have three or four PGCA tablecloths and the transient PGCA hanging banner and can ship them to anybody willing to set up a booth for the PGCA and of course, we'll need folks to man the booth.

I'm sorry to say it appears that our PGCA pool of volunteers for these Northeastern events seems to have diminished in the last couple of years. So, hoping it won't fall upon deaf ears - WE NEED A FEW GOOD MEN... AND WOMEN TOO.... *hope that wasn't too loud...*

Brian Dudley 08-13-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 279019)
I'll be there but only to participate in the FPC. For those of you who are familiar with Hausmann's be prepared for a drastic change in the parking situation. Looks like no more camping or parking in the field we are used to using for this event.

They are supposedly going to have 3-4 tents for vendors and organizations. I do not know where they are going to put them. And I guess they have the people to fill them.
I know that Vendors will not be able to park at the tents during the event. I would assume that the field will be used for parking. Just camping not allowed. But I don't know for sure.

Daryl Corona 08-13-2019 02:29 PM

From what I understand with the info I got so far is that the field we used to park/camp in will not be used for either purpose. Parking will be in the field to the left as you are approaching HH, where in years past they have had instructional shooting set up. There will be a shuttle from the main venue to the parking area.

And no vendor parking at the tents? That should go over like a lead balloon.

The field where the mad jack was will be used for vendor tents.

I could be wrong, as I am frequently, but I believe the info I got.

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 08-13-2019 03:13 PM

Mad Jack is listed on the flyer as a side game. I wonder how that will work if there are vendor tents on the field. And on these shuttles....will there be room for gun carts, guns, flats of shells, etc.? Just trying to figure out the logistics.

Brett Hoop 08-13-2019 03:40 PM

Ernie told several of us that the plan at that time(June) was that there would be a pigeon ring in “the field” thus no parking or camping there. They plan to use the first fields as you enter for parking and will shuttle.

Mills Morrison 08-13-2019 04:04 PM

I will be there with my son Harry. Really looking forward to it!

Brian Dudley 08-13-2019 05:03 PM

Those first fields are a long way out from the venue. Maybe 1/2 mile. This will be interesting.

Pete Lester 08-13-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 279033)
From what I understand with the info I got so far is that the field we used to park/camp in will not be used for either purpose. Parking will be in the field to the left as you are approaching HH, where in years past they have had instructional shooting set up. There will be a shuttle from the main venue to the parking area.

And no vendor parking at the tents? That should go over like a lead balloon.

The field where the mad jack was will be used for vendor tents.

I could be wrong, as I am frequently, but I believe the info I got.

I was thinking about going but this sounds like a PITA at best and possibly a CLUSTER. I would think the pigeon ring should have gone in the field to the left as you enter the club. Everybody needs to park but not everybody is going to shoot in the pigeon ring. Shuttle the shooters using the pigeon ring rather than everyone in attendance. Especially since most folks will be going back and forth several times as they change guns or put their stuff away while they go have lunch or look at the items for sale.

Kevin McCormack 08-13-2019 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=Dean Romig;279025]Thanks very much Steve.

I'm sorry to say it appears that our PGCA pool of volunteers for these Northeastern events seems to have diminished in the last couple of years. So, hoping it won't fall upon deaf ears - WE NEED A FEW GOOD MEN... AND WOMEN TOO.... *hope that wasn't too loud...*

Sounds like a combination of " My Dinner with Andre " and "Waiting for Godot".

Dean Romig 08-13-2019 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=Kevin McCormack;279061]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 279025)
Thanks very much Steve.

Sounds like a combination of " My Dinner with Andre " and "Waiting for Godot".

:vconfused:

Mike Koneski 08-13-2019 07:11 PM

I will be there for a bit to shoot a few events and qualify for the Fox-Parker Challenge.

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 08-15-2019 01:16 PM

A post on another forum indicates a turnout of less that 200 shooters at the Vintagers Maryland venue for the past few years. Assuming some of those shooters also attended the SxS Classic at HHHSC in June, would anyone care to speculate the number of shooters we might have at Ernie's for this years Vintagers shoot?

Eric Eis 08-15-2019 01:30 PM

I think Matt said he is hoping for over 200 shooters this year, not sure what that means, 201 or 250 !

Pete Lester 08-15-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Eis (Post 279254)
I think Matt said he is hoping for over 200 shooters this year, not sure what that means, 201 or 250 !

How does this compare with shoot in June at HHH for attendance, anyone know? I think a shoot 10 days or so before the first of October will suffer as many people will taking time off and or traveling for the start of upland bird season.

Eric Eis 08-15-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 279264)
How does this compare with shoot in June at HHH for attendance, anyone know? I think a shoot 10 days or so before the first of October will suffer as many people will taking time off and or traveling for the start of upland bird season.

Well here in MI the grouse season starts on Sept 15 and the woodcock season about a week after that so that's the reason Rich and I will not be there.

Randy G Roberts 08-15-2019 04:03 PM

Carts

Sounds like a lot of walking to me. Following is the contact info for cart rental if interested:
Empire Golf Cars
Jim Farrelly
(607) 206-4100
(888) 913-6747

Eric Eis 08-15-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 279268)
Sounds like a lot of walking to me. Following is the contact info for cart rental if interested:
Empire Golf Cars
Jim Farrelly
(607) 206-4100
(888) 913-6747

Sounds to me a golf cart rental will be a Must! :shock:

Bob Decker 08-17-2019 10:34 AM

Has anybody on this post actually spoken to Ernie about parking/camping issues? I am sure that it would be better to let us know on a forum than each individual call Ernie. At the NE SxS I was led to believe that we would be parking/camping in the field that is on the right as you come in and make the left hand turn into the house/barn/tent area. There would be no tent side parking and no parking along side the barn.

Bob Decker 08-17-2019 07:00 PM

I got this message back from Tom Snyder about parking:
Shooters will park in a field on the left just before the stone quarry. People will also be able to pull RVs in there and camp. Exhibitor unloading is the same as before at the tents. Parking for exhibitors will be an area set aside in the parking lot near the gated entrance - old parking lot. Golf cart will be staged at the field parking lot. Busing will also be available from the parking to the registration area. There will be shuttle carts for people going to the rifle range. Handicap parking for shooters is in the field near the bus pick up and golf carts. People with their own golf cart can drive it to the rifle range. Exhibitors with golf carts will find them located at the exhibitor parking. Exhibitor set up is 18 Sept.
Hope that answers your questions.
Tom

Dean Romig 08-17-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Eis (Post 279275)
Sounds to me a golf cart rental will be a Must! :shock:

After reading Tom Snyder's communique, I must agree with you Eric.

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 08-17-2019 08:02 PM

I agree with JB Books...this is going to be a PITA

Pete Lester 08-17-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Decker (Post 279400)
I got this message back from Tom Snyder about parking:
Shooters will park in a field on the left just before the stone quarry. People will also be able to pull RVs in there and camp. Exhibitor unloading is the same as before at the tents. Parking for exhibitors will be an area set aside in the parking lot near the gated entrance - old parking lot. Golf cart will be staged at the field parking lot. Busing will also be available from the parking to the registration area. There will be shuttle carts for people going to the rifle range. Handicap parking for shooters is in the field near the bus pick up and golf carts. People with their own golf cart can drive it to the rifle range. Exhibitors with golf carts will find them located at the exhibitor parking. Exhibitor set up is 18 Sept.
Hope that answers your questions.
Tom

Some critical pieces of information we should know; how frequent is the busing going to run and what time is it going to run start to finish each day? Where is the rifle range, I don't think I have seen it before and what is it being used for, I thought this was a clay pigeon shoot?

Everyone needs a golf cart? I have to think this change in the setup is going to be enough of a PITA to cause some folks to reconsider attending.

Looking at Google Earth parking is going over .6 of a mile away from the grounds of HHH.

James L. Martin 08-17-2019 08:51 PM

Having been to HHH many times for the spring shoot this does not sound like it will work out. I may just go one day to look at the guns and forget about shooting. The more I think about it the more of a hassle it becomes. Too bad I was looking forward to this event.

Ronald Scott 08-18-2019 02:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So if I understand correctly they are going to use the field circled at the top left rather than the usual field circled below and close to the driveway ...

That changes everything -- especially if you are camping. It was nice being close to the action -- it was an easy walk down to the tents etc. Grab a bite to eat, check out the guns and walk back -- now you have to wait for a bus or rent a cart? I'm just picturing that road with 20 golf carts and a bus racing back and forth -- bring a helmet!

Hopefully there will be plenty of tailgating going on in the upper field. I'll camp and hang out there for the most part and just bus down to look at guns and shoot.

Ronald Scott 08-18-2019 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 279407)
I don't think I have seen it before and what is it being used for, I thought this was a clay pigeon shoot?

I haven't seen the rifle range either. I know in the past they have held matches for double rifles and for stalking rifles. I'd like to know more about that. Has anyone shot in the rifle matches at Hausmann's? Where is the range and what constitutes a "stalking rifle?"

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 08-18-2019 10:27 AM

This is just something I heard at Junes SxS shoot, but they did reconfigure the 5 stand setup and also did some trail clearing to the left of it. I think the rifle range and some additional clays presentations will be in that area. Anybody know for sure?