Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Harrington Richardson high grade SxS 1880's Worcester MA (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27640)

Ronald Scott 09-02-2019 03:15 PM

John -- when do you expect your book to be available? I'm looking forward to obtaining a copy. -- Ron

John Campbell 09-02-2019 03:20 PM

Ron:
It should be within the next few months. I'm going to hound the publisher later this week. If I get a more accurate timeframe, I'll let everyone know. THANKS for your most kind interest!

Phillip Carr 09-02-2019 03:24 PM

John I will also look forward to your book.

Ronald Scott 04-04-2020 08:39 AM

Article about this A grade H&R shotgun

2 Attachment(s)
For those of you who may have an interest, my article about my great grandfather's A grade H&R that is pictured at the beginning of this thread has been published in the DJG Vol 31 Spring 2020. Here are couple of sample pages (these are low resolution web images -- the pictures in DJG are superb as usual). Included in the article is a rare copy of a hand written letter from Anson & Deeley to H&R that mentions Parker Bros' request for license to "make our hammerless actions."

Dean Romig 04-04-2020 10:30 AM

I'm looking forward to reading your article Ron and seeing pictures of this special gun.

Channing Will 04-04-2020 10:48 AM

Same here, these H&Rs and early Colts are some of America’s finest! I wish there was more written about them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 298674)
I'm looking forward to reading your article Ron and seeing pictures of this special gun.

John Campbell 04-04-2020 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've read Mr. Scott's fine article in the Spring DGJ. It illustrates that the personal and human history behind such wonderful guns is as interesting and important as the guns themselves. Which are products of human art and passion.

Scott's story also opens a few doors to the story behind these unique H&R boxlocks. Not the least of which is Parker's original desire to make their own A&D gun (which I revealed earlier). The balance of this story can be found in my upcoming book: Birth of The Boxlock. It will be available soon from Man at Arms Books. COVID 19 permitting.

Ronald Scott 04-05-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Campbell (Post 298738)
I've read Mr. Scott's fine article in the Spring DGJ. It illustrates that the personal and human history behind such wonderful guns is as interesting and important as the guns themselves. Which are products of human art and passion.

Thank you

john pulis 04-05-2020 07:48 AM

Look forward to your book John.

Dean Romig 04-10-2020 09:20 AM

Ron, I read your article in DGJ and found it to be extremely informative and liberally infused with your family history - what great provenance and a great history on one of the rarest of American classic SXS guns.
Worcester is about 40 miles from my house here in Andover and has always been a city of industry, art and education. I find it quite easy to believe there were plenty of skilled craftsmen in and around Worcester in the days when your beautiful gun was appointed to be sold to the highest level of clientele.