Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Any of us own CSMC Fox guns or want too? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16081)

Kenny Graft 08-20-2015 07:03 AM

How did you do with the little Fox? I see its a single trigger gun....CSM is proud of their single triggers...$$$$ Good thing I prefer DT guns....(-: Our club has just re-opened after a pipe line was put through. I need to take my DE-special out and run it through some ammo...I have not shot it since it got a new left fire pin. It would not fire Fiocchi ammo reliably. CSM took care of it fast and free...SXS ohio

Frank Srebro 08-20-2015 07:50 AM

The Fox worked just fine mechanically and performance-wise despite switching guns on every other station. I didn't keep score. Yesterday was my first time through the Rock Mtn woodsy course since last winter and that was with another Fox 20 bore on a bitter cold day with a snow squall moving through. The Nitro is one I found recently and wanted to test out with its choke combo of 0 & 2 = cylinder and modified. Its cylinder choke does measure a few points of constriction. The Ithaca worked well too.

Craig Larter 08-20-2015 08:03 AM

Kenny: Richard Roy engraved my XE
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/DSC_0007.jpg

Rich Anderson 08-20-2015 08:08 AM

When a long barreled Fox 20 comes my way it will undoubtly be a CSM gun.

Mike Koneski 08-20-2015 09:55 PM

I'm with COB. Instead of "settling" for a hard to find and probably overpriced 30" or 32" 20g Fox, I too will most likely get a CSMC Fox in the configuration I'd be looking for. Factory warranty and service if needed (thanks to Cold Spring for pointing this out to me) is always a plus. Until then that li'l 20g SW will suffice. :-)

Mills Morrison 08-21-2015 09:46 AM

I have a 28" Fox Sterlingworth 20 gauge that will do anything a 30" or 32" will do. Full/Mod chokes and deadly on Wood Ducks.

Greg Baehman 08-21-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 175354)
I have a 28" Fox Sterlingworth 20 gauge that will do anything a 30" or 32" will do. Full/Mod chokes and deadly on Wood Ducks.

But, will it bring as much $$$$? :whistle:

Mills Morrison 08-21-2015 10:02 AM

Fortunately no, since I was recently a buyer for it.

Kenny Graft 09-20-2015 09:12 AM

CL....Just got home from camp and saw your post. Your RR engraved Fox is a dandy! My gun will look about the same as yours I think. I got the call on 9-17-15 that my gun was back from the engraver and will be shipped in about two weeks...(-: Richard Roy had my gun about 30 days to do the engraving. Its getting the metal finished now. It should be here in plenty of time for my Wisconsin grouse hunt. I am very excited about the Fox and also my first trip to Wisconsin. Ruby is in her prime at 4 years and 7 months. Gordons mature slowly and she finally is acting like a grown up! She is a good hunter and listens well. I hope to get her into many grouse, woodcocks she really needs it about now. I plan to take the new Fox 16, my little VH-16 O frame and ??? Soon as the Fox arrives I will post some pictures. Thanks all SXS Ohio....(-: 26 days till Wisconsin.......

Eric Eis 09-20-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Graft (Post 177521)
CL....Just got home from camp and saw your post. Your RR engraved Fox is a dandy! My gun will look about the same as yours I think. I got the call on 9-17-15 that my gun was back from the engraver and will be shipped in about two weeks...(-: Richard Roy had my gun about 30 days to do the engraving. Its getting the metal finished now. It should be here in plenty of time for my Wisconsin grouse hunt. I am very excited about the Fox and also my first trip to Wisconsin. Ruby is in her prime at 4 years and 7 months. Gordons mature slowly and she finally is acting like a grown up! She is a good hunter and listens well. I hope to get her into many grouse, woodcocks she really needs it about now. I plan to take the new Fox 16, my little VH-16 O frame and ??? Soon as the Fox arrives I will post some pictures. Thanks all SXS Ohio....(-: 26 days till Wisconsin.......

Kenny can't wait to see pics of the gun. What a great way to start the grouse season..... Good Luck to you