Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2015 Spring Southern and Drake Landing (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15298)

Daryl Corona 03-26-2015 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Harold Lee Pickens;163593] One guy(gal) may be shooting a 28 ga and the next shooter a 10.

Now there's a challenge. How about a squad of tens and another squad for the equally capable 28. , 100 rounds straight? Best team score wins. Simple.

Mike.Smith 03-26-2015 04:02 PM

That's the beauty of this shoot, we can do whatever we want. I'm up for shooting one of my Hammer Guns in the morning if we have a sub-group that wants to do that. If anyone wants to shoot a Hammer Gun and doesn't have one, I'll be bringing several. I've hesitated to put too much structure around this shoot other than to just get a bunch of people together. I know most of us shooting at Drake Landing have had a good time without even keeping score. It doesn't have to happen Thursday, but sometime over the weekend I'd like to see another round of all true pairs. :shock: Now that was fun!

At least I don't have Craig and Rich's problem. Living here, I'll have ALL of my guns available to shoot. Then again, that doesn't change the fact that I still have to decide which one. :banghead:

Mike

Rich Anderson 03-26-2015 04:11 PM

Mike how are you shooting that 32 inch 16ga?
I KNOW I'll have Gunner's Gun, the 16ga lifter, O grade 32inch 16ga Hammer gun, Boss 20ga hammer gun, Grade 3 12ga Hammer gun, GHE 16 Damascus skeet gun, Holly Wood gun, BHE Live bird gun and a couple more that will be up for adoption....I have had rifle mania lately:whistle:

Harold Lee Pickens 03-26-2015 07:45 PM

Mike, that round of true pairs was a lot of fun. Unlike Rich, I'll probably be driving down by myself, so I'll just throw them all in the truck and decide what to shoot after I get there.

David Dwyer 03-27-2015 07:03 AM

Mike
All of the above! We have enough people to have regular course, true pairs, hammer gun , sub gage. groups shooting simultaneously. Drakes three courses, five stand plus two regular, give us a lot of options and I want to shoot them all! I was planning on shooting Deep River Friday -Sunday but am now just going over there to watch the Parker-Smith Challenge and shoot the hammer gun event Sunday AM
David

Eric Eis 03-27-2015 10:06 AM

The great thing is we can shoot just for the fun of it (that would be me) or if others want to shoot for score they can. The only thing we need to keep is "This is a Fun shoot" ! You want a serious, score card kept, tricked out vintage shotguns go to Deep River to shoot....This shoot is only for fun let's not forget that.......:whistle:

Bruce Day 03-27-2015 10:55 AM

See you at Deep River. I'll be shooting my old beater bird guns.

I also go to the Foundation dinner to support old friends. Maybe see some of you there.

Mike Franzen 03-27-2015 11:16 AM

Julia and I'll be getting there late Thursday afternoon. We could shoot if there is going to be anything going on Friday or Saturday.

Eric Eis 03-27-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 163658)
Julia and I'll be getting there late Thursday afternoon. We could shoot if there is going to be anything going on Friday or Saturday.

Don't worry there will be shooting going on Friday all day, and Saturday morning.

Eric Eis 03-27-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 163657)
See you at Deep River. I'll be shooting my old beater bird guns.

I also go to the Foundation dinner to support old friends. Maybe see some of you there.

It would be great to see you on Thursday to shoot some clays at Drakes, I know you would enjoy it Bruce.