Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do I have? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3595)

Harry Collins 02-17-2011 02:15 PM

Dee,

I must say a C grade Parker is something to brag about. There is a gunsmith in Kerrville, Texas named Kirk Merrington. I have not had work done by him, but a friend of mine has. What I've seen is very impressive. On the PGCA home page you will find him on our "Links". Brad Bachelder has done work for me. What he did was excelent, priced fairly and the turn around was prompt. I am sorry for your loss and wish you all the best in life. Please keep us in mind if and when you do anything with this treasured old Parker.

Kindest, Harry

Dean Romig 02-17-2011 02:18 PM

We've got nothing better to do.... go ahead and post the old cars and trucks and the house.

Dee Durham 02-17-2011 02:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7325

Attachment 7326

Attachment 7327

Attachment 7328

Attachment 7329

Russ Jackson 02-17-2011 02:26 PM

Hello Dee ; I haven't commented on your gun ,I have just been following along ! I think it would be great to have an old Family Parker , I do have my Grand Fathers guns although they aren't Parker guns ,I really enjoy just owning them and thinking of my " Pap sitting along the old fence row waiting for that old Buck to come along ! Whatever you decide to do with the gun ,take your time , should you decide to sell it , ,it is gone and part of your Family History goes along with it ! All the best in your decision ! Russ

Dee Durham 02-17-2011 02:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7330

Attachment 7331

Attachment 7332

Attachment 7333

Attachment 7334

Dee Durham 02-17-2011 02:38 PM

Russ, I agree! I've found myself sitting there thinking about similar things, and wonder what my Great Grandad is thinking when he is looking at me holding his gun and admiring it and in a perfect world possibly shooting it myself. I also inherited sever other guns, some pistols from a Colt .45 1911 down to a Colt .25 1908...an American Gun Co. shotgun and the rest are various rifles. I normally deer hunt with a 22-250, but since inheriting all of these, I will try my hand at my Dad's Marlin 30-30 this next deer season. And while I sit in my stand waiting for that big buck to find himself in my sights, I'll be able to pass the time thinking about how my dad would sit with the same rifle and wait for the big one.

Bruce Day 02-17-2011 02:40 PM

What part of the Lone Star state? I have friends in Lewisville and Childress, used to do business in Plainview, flew jets out of Abilene, temporary duty at Carswell AFB in Fort Worth, San Antonio and Biggs by El Paso, hunted around Shamrock and Wheeler, cousins lived in Borger.

The photos look like west Texas but not enough dust.

Dee Durham 02-17-2011 02:47 PM

I am in the DFW area, but we are from Canton, Tx. I have found old war documents of my Grandpa's listing Deport, Detroit, Lamar county, Red River county, and Manchester, TX

Bruce Day 02-17-2011 02:58 PM

Ahhh, east Texas. That's why I don't see any dust storms in the photos.

For years, there was a famous Parker dealer in Terrell TX, Herschel Chadick. Tom Chapman was a great gunsmith and was with Herschel. Tom is mostly retired now I think, and lives maybe 20 n of Terrell. Tom was very good with Parkers. If a person could get Tom to work on a gun.......

Or as mentioned, Merrington out west in Kerrville is good. Pretty in the spring out there. Old Air Force buddy of mine has a little old family ranch of 8,000 acres out at Frederick that he runs a few head of cattle and collects oil royalties.

Dee Durham 02-17-2011 03:02 PM

That would be nice wouldn't it?! My nephews live near Terrell....maybe they've heard of him....hmmmmmm