Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hausmann's NE SxS Classic - June 3-5 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32959)

Dean Romig 05-30-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 333609)
I booked a room at the Quality which is where the PGCA always used to reserve a block.
We got used to staying there, never had any issues and just continue to stay there. The price this year was $85/ night.

Quality Inn & Suites has always been very accommodating to the PGCA.

CraigThompson 05-30-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 335569)

Are the hotels/motels/motor lodges etc up there very accommodating for those traveling with four legged friends ?

Dean Romig 05-30-2021 06:55 PM

Quality Inn is. They told me the pet charge was $25 for our entire stay but never charged me for Gracie.

tom tutwiler 06-01-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 335569)

Dean,

Never stayed at the Quality Inn before. Do they have fridges or microwaves in the rooms? Just trying to figure out if I need to bring a small cooler for eats and drinks and such.

Dean Romig 06-01-2021 09:17 PM

Tom, there are plenty of eateries along the strip that Quality Inn is on. There is a fridge in the room but I don’t remember a microwave.
However, there is a dining area with complimentary breakfast foods, fruits, coffee, tea and juices.

tom tutwiler 06-02-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 335781)
Tom, there are plenty of eateries along the strip that Quality Inn is on. There is a fridge in the room but I don’t remember a microwave.
However, there is a dining area with complimentary breakfast foods, fruits, coffee, tea and juices.

Thanks Dean. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease last year so eating can be a bit of a challenge. Having a small fridge can be pretty handy to have.

Harold Lee Pickens 06-02-2021 07:01 AM

Tom, my wife was diagnosed with Celiac in 1995, shortly after we married. She is really good at picking thru menus and determining what is safe to eat, and how to cook gluten free. I hope you are feeling better now that you know what the problem is--it made a big difference in her.
For those who dont know, Celiac Sprue is an autoimmune disease in which the body cannot handle the protein gluten, found in wheat, barley. Imagine, no bread, no beer, pizza, fried chicken, etc, unless they are prepared with gluten free ingreediants. Tip: try Anheuser-Busch Red Bridge beer.
Sorry, I wont get to see you at Hausmann's, wife's mother is predicted to pass today.

tom tutwiler 06-02-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens (Post 335800)
Tom, my wife was diagnosed with Celiac in 1995, shortly after we married. She is really good at picking thru menus and determining what is safe to eat, and how to cook gluten free. I hope you are feeling better now that you know what the problem is--it made a big difference in her.
For those who dont know, Celiac Sprue is an autoimmune disease in which the body cannot handle the protein gluten, found in wheat, barley. Imagine, no bread, no beer, pizza, fried chicken, etc, unless they are prepared with gluten free ingreediants. Tip: try Anheuser-Busch Red Bridge beer.
Sorry, I wont get to see you at Hausmann's, wife's mother is predicted to pass today.

Red Bridge isn't my favorite GF beer, but its certainly the most available. For those who think beer is expensive as a rule, check out the price on GF beer. Hard Cider has become my go to beverage as its naturally GF.

Donald McQuade 06-06-2021 08:25 AM

Wanted to give a quick shout out to Bret Hoop and the Parker folks for a great barbeque spread they put out Friday evening after the shooting was done. The ribs and brisket were excellent and the company even better. Met some fine folks and had a great time. Thank you for your hospitality.

allan.mclane 06-06-2021 09:19 AM

Good company on a Friday afternoon

3 Attachment(s)
A couple of views of the feed...

Attachment 96612

Attachment 96613

Attachment 96614