Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   USPS Service (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31898)

Rick Losey 03-02-2021 12:30 PM

so - maybe it could be worse :corn:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/op...scn/index.html

edgarspencer 03-02-2021 12:49 PM

Since Pierre never got Jacques' second request, I'd love to know what Jacques told him in the next letter.
Next time I get a letter from the IRS, I'll throw it in a trunk in the attic.

allen newell 03-02-2021 01:57 PM

Anyone having issues with Registered Mail?

Randy G Roberts 03-02-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen newell (Post 327623)
Anyone having issues with Registered Mail?

Surprisingly the one and only registered mail package I have received of late came from CA to IN in a timely manner.

Patrick Lien 03-02-2021 04:31 PM

Priority mail from Alabama 9 days
Priority mail from Arizona 8 days
Regular stamp mail from Alabama 3 days
Regular stamp mail from Michigan 4 days
Regular stamp mail from Michigan 5 days
Regular stamp mail from Florida 5 days
Regular stamp mail from Louisiana 12 days
Regular stamp mail from North Dakota 7 days
Regular stamp mail from Tennessee 4 days
Regular stamp mail from Georgia 3 days
Regular stamp mail from Mass 3 days
Regular stamp mail from North Carolina 4 days
Registered mail from Florida 13 days
Fedex 2 day express from North Carolina 9 days
UPS Ground from New York 7 days
Fedex 3 day express to Texas 2 days
Fedex ground to Nevada 4 days
Fedex ground to Arizona 4 days
USPS Priority mail to New York 10 days

PML

Rick Losey 03-09-2021 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Old story by now

i just thought this one was funny

the item was originally projected to be here yesterday - I knew it would be late when I looked at the progress on Saturday

but since its going to be 50's/60's around here for several days - REALLY

:rolleyes:

John Dallas 03-09-2021 01:27 PM

Sold some stuff to a PGCA member here, and it arrived reasonably promptly. Not so with the payment. Original check arrived after a month. Buyer issued a second check several weeks ago. It has been out for delivery for weeks. Seems like the USPS service has deteriorated badly during Covid. My mail carrier says recent hires spend more time out, playing the Covid card than they do delivering mail

Mills Morrison 03-09-2021 08:18 PM

I have been reasonably lucky. Knock on wood. I just shipped my Super Fox and opted for insurance

Stan Hillis 03-09-2021 08:46 PM

I mailed Giacomo Sporting, in NY, a check on March 3. I instructed Marissa to please hold the gun being repaired until my check cleared the bank. I don't know if they did but I am scheduled to receive my MX-8 on Thursday of this week, according to tracking.

If that is the case it will have taken only 8 days for them to have received my check (from the day I mailed it), waited for it to clear the bank, and ship the gun to me. We'll see if it actually comes Thursday, but I'll bet it will.

I wouldn't ask for better mail service and UPS service than that.

SRH

Mills Morrison 03-09-2021 08:51 PM

My local USPS office in Hardeeville is awesome. They have been good and are hunters themselves.

Knock on wood again

Dean Romig 03-09-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Losey (Post 328332)
Old story by now

i just thought this one was funny

the item was originally projected to be here yesterday - I knew it would be late when I looked at the progress on Saturday

but since its going to be 50's/60's around here for several days - REALLY

:rolleyes:

I see your problem right off Rick. The huge clue is that the mail had to cross the Sheepscot River on Rte 1 in Wiscasset, ME - probably the most prone to traffic tie-ups in the East.

Larry Stauch 03-09-2021 10:45 PM

Boomerang mail

A guy from Virginian sends me a check. After 10 days it comes back to him as undeliverable. He calls me up reads the spelling of my name, my complete address; everything is correct. He wire transfers the money. I have it the next day. Sad state of affairs over there at the USPS.:rolleyes:

Larry Stauch 08-27-2021 12:44 AM

USPS Record

I may have the new record for delayed mail with the USPS. Art's in Hillsboro Missouri restores a Funken signed Pigeon grade for me. I send him a check on February 10th for the work. A month later I have to give them a credit card because the check never shows up. Today Art's returns the check, via US mail, to me that they just received in the last few days; A full six months after I sent it to them. Unbelievable!:banghead:

Dean Romig 08-27-2021 07:23 AM

All those in favor of privatizing US mail services say Aye.

“Aye!”

Paul Ehlers 08-27-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 341977)
All those in favor of privatizing US mail services say Aye.

“Aye!”

Aye here!

Unfortunately it won't happen for a whole host of reasons. Most of them would be political and I won't/can't talk about them in detail here.

Daryl Corona 08-27-2021 05:33 PM

Aye here also.

My zip code, 21234, has one of the worse performance records in on the east coast. Sometimes we don't get mail for 2-4 days in a row then 1 or 2 days it will be delivered then it starts all over again.

I am so freaking sick of everything getting blamed on the ghost virus that never was.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bruce Hering 08-27-2021 10:53 PM

Not to change the thread but UPS is not much better. They have shown 2 delays in a gun shipment to me since Monday.... They suck too....