Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Poll: DT vs ST (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17323)

John Dallas 09-26-2015 11:11 AM

For my money, the best trigger/safety configuration is on the Remington 3200. On the tang is a toggle which, when in the center safes the gun Moving the toggle to the left selects the bottom barrel to shoot first, and moving the toggle to the right selects the top barrel. So, taking the gun off safe selects the barrel. Brilliant!

Dean Romig 09-26-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dallas (Post 178050)
For my money, the best trigger/safety configuration is on the Remington 3200. On the tang is a toggle which, when in the center safes the gun Moving the toggle to the left selects the bottom barrel to shoot first, and moving the toggle to the right selects the top barrel. So, taking the gun off safe selects the barrel. Brilliant!

That's exactly how the safety worked on my 20 ga. Red Label...... Hated it!

That's one of the reasons I don't own it anymore.

John Dallas 09-26-2015 11:37 AM

It's been a long time since I've owned a Red Label, but if I remember correctly, you moved the toggle left or right, then had to slide it forward to take it off safe. If true, it's different from the 3200

Gary Laudermilch 09-26-2015 11:43 AM

Yep, I like the double trigger for grouse, especially with a pointing dog. When walking in to a point I usually select the rear trigger until I get inside the 20 yard mark and then it is an instant change to the front, without looking or thinking.

The exception is when the weather turns really cold in late season. My hands get cold so I have to wear heavier gloves which do not work well with double triggers. Then it is on to a single trigger with a selector that is easy to use. I prefer the Browning type as I can still select on the move and without thinking about it. I guess it is what you get used to.

John E. Williams 09-26-2015 12:30 PM

Both of my Parkers have DT's. I own several other doubles with ST's but have never warmed up to them, finding the DT setup to be much more effective. The first double I ever fired, an old 16 gauge Hartford Arms hammer gun when I was around ten years of age, was so equipped and I shot that old gun so many times over the years that the preference for DT's must have became ingrained in my psyche.

Dean Romig 09-26-2015 03:51 PM

You're right John.

William Stevenson 09-26-2015 04:23 PM

I grew up with Mod 12 Winchesters, fell in love with Parkers, but the single trigger was imprinted in my reaction time etc. All 6 of my Parkers are SST by choice and I shoot them all except for one of the .410's. In truth, I did have trouble with the trigger on the SSS 12ga, got it fixed by the 3rd gunsmith that worked on it.
Bill

William Stevenson 09-26-2015 04:37 PM

Shot a limit of Teal this morning with the 16 ga reproduction Parker. 15/16 oz of Federal #4 steel shot. The Krieghoff I/C, Mod barrels pattern this load quite well and the single trigger had never given trouble. Bill

Tony Guccioni 09-28-2015 06:22 AM

12 Gauge 2 barrel set

and

SCC

.... both SST.

Christian Gish 09-28-2015 10:48 PM

2 DT