Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   J.C. Green BHE (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11448)

CraigThompson 09-19-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 372165)
Who has the Cliff Green Parkers currently?

Galazan

CraigThompson 09-19-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 372160)
OK, just for Craig, another Ralph Petley story that I have told before. This was also at Salisbury gun club. I was refereeing on about field number four, just to the right of the clubhouse. Ralph was on station one of the first round. He called for his first bird and missed it clean. Now Ralph is used to having his wife close at hand when things get tough. This is so she can catch his gun if he throws it. She was no where near when Ralph missed that high one. As soon as I said "Lost, option high.", his 682 Beretta went sailing past me at eye level. Since Ralph and I go back a long way, he thought I was going to catch it. Wrong. I let it go by and watched it land about thirty some feet beyond where I was standing. In today's world, he would have been ejected from the shoot, but back then, it was just another day.

I was at Arrowhead in Chase City VA one year for the spring shoot . Donnie Parks was there and we were making small bets each gauge between us . He had won two I only one with the 12 coming up . A downpour ensued and he wouldn’t shoot . I went out and broke a 100 straight in the 12 gauge event shooting a 20 . So I rolls in the clubhouse check the score board and think I’m home free for HOA I was at 394 . So I’m sitting there drinking a Bass and talking to Orel Lynheart who at the time was the chief referee in VA . Tom Contrucci walked in with his buddy who had also got the hundred and tied me for HOA . Now Ida been dead in the water out , but thirty years ago Orel told me to set the bottle down and get my damn gun . And by some stroke of luck I beat him at doubles with the 410 . One of my few mediocre claims to fame lols !

Dave Noreen 09-20-2022 05:24 PM

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=102067887

CraigThompson 09-20-2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Noreen (Post 372228)

You know if I were of the means to buy that set I’d most likely shoot registered skeet again for a year or two with the set ! Very few if anyone shoots regular NSSA targets with a side by . And certainly not 24” guns .

Garry L Gordon 09-20-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 372232)
You know if I were of the means to buy that set I’d most likely shoot registered skeet again for a year or two with the set ! Very few if anyone shoots regular NSSA targets with a side by . And certainly not 24” guns .

Have you ever tallied the money you have tied up in all of your guns? Don't do it!:corn:

CraigThompson 09-24-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 372236)
Have you ever tallied the money you have tied up in all of your guns? Don't do it!:corn:

I’m pretty sure if I sold all I had for 10% more than what I’ve got in them I’d not have enough for the 1/4 mill they want for the set .

Garry L Gordon 09-24-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 372411)
I’m pretty sure if I sold all I had for 10% more than what I’ve got in them I’d not have enough for the 1/4 mill they want for the set .

Hmmm...I wonder how many would be surprised to find they had enough in their collection to buy such a set?

Reggie Bishop 09-24-2022 04:52 PM

The plus 10% would be a challenge.

Garry L Gordon 09-24-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 372413)
The plus 10% would be a challenge.

How true, how true. Now if it was less 10% (or more:crying:):rotf::rotf::rotf:

CraigThompson 09-24-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 372412)
Hmmm...I wonder how many would be surprised to find they had enough in their collection to buy such a set?

I have a friend in INDIANA who will remain nameless , that keeps telling me to buy one 15K gun rather than three 5K guns . I have a hard time wrapping myself around that concept . Heck of a lot easier pulling the trigger for the 5 and under ones rather than the over 10k guns .