Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Turkey hunting stories (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26814)

Mills Morrison 04-05-2019 05:58 AM

Very nice Jim! I went fly fishing over Christmas on the upper reaches of the Savannah river and saw several turkeys. Lots of them all up and down that river

Dean Romig 04-05-2019 07:06 AM

What a great bird Jim!

What’s all that green stuff all over the place?

Jim DiSpagno 04-05-2019 02:39 PM

Way to go Jim. Eventually you’ll have hunted and harvested every sub species of turkey on the continent. Congratulations.

Shawn Wayment 04-05-2019 02:43 PM

Awesome Jim!!

charlie cleveland 04-07-2019 12:25 PM

got up late saturday morning but went on hunting anyway....it was chilly but i had on a big coat and gloves then as the sun rose it got real nice maybe in the mid 70 s.....i carried a single barrel h r 3 1/2 inch gun useing the tss federal tungston shell no 9 shot....was hoping to get totry these new shells out but no turkey showed themselves...loaded up my gear at 9.00 and came home and cooked myself 2 big bisquits 2 sausage and chocalate gravy....this turkey hunting makes a guys apitite really go big.....was gona go back in the evening hunting but i got to working around the house called my son inlaw told him to bring his 3 boys over needed them to do some chores for me....these boys have never run a weed eater or operated a lawn mower so todaythey learned how...put the youngest bob 11 years old to washing 2 of my cars 1 of them my 57 chevy the other my wifes ford focus....done a good job too they did....a fellow came by saw the 57 all shining and clean ask would i sell it so away he drove it....now i can finish my 38 chevy coupe and 36 ford coupe.....so the evening went by fast and no evening hunting was done.....charlie

Mills Morrison 04-07-2019 12:50 PM

Overslept Saturday and rained this morning. Still went and wound up looking around for new places. Temperature is up and flies are out

Garry L Gordon 04-07-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 270968)
got up late saturday morning but went on hunting anyway....it was chilly but i had on a big coat and gloves then as the sun rose it got real nice maybe in the mid 70 s.....i carried a single barrel h r 3 1/2 inch gun useing the tss federal tungston shell no 9 shot....was hoping to get totry these new shells out but no turkey showed themselves...loaded up my gear at 9.00 and came home and cooked myself 2 big bisquits 2 sausage and chocalate gravy....this turkey hunting makes a guys apitite really go big.....was gona go back in the evening hunting but i got to working around the house called my son inlaw told him to bring his 3 boys over needed them to do some chores for me....these boys have never run a weed eater or operated a lawn mower so todaythey learned how...put the youngest bob 11 years old to washing 2 of my cars 1 of them my 57 chevy the other my wifes ford focus....done a good job too they did....a fellow came by saw the 57 all shining and clean ask would i sell it so away he drove it....now i can finish my 38 chevy coupe and 36 ford coupe.....so the evening went by fast and no evening hunting was done.....charlie

Charlie,

That sure sounds like a full day! It always amazes me how much there is to do now that I’m retired. By the way, what is “chocalate gravy?”

charlie cleveland 04-07-2019 05:32 PM

it a mixture of say 2 cups of sugur i big tea spoon of flour one big spoon of chocalate coco add water tillit is almost thin stir really good...then put it on stove eye at high temperature make sure to keep stirred well till it boils then its ready....take bisquits tear them into small pieces then pour the chocalete gravy over them....you got yourself some fine eating you can also have bacon sausage or eggs with it....best breakfast in the south......charlie

Garry L Gordon 04-07-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 270986)
it a mixture of say 2 cups of sugur i big tea spoon of flour one big spoon of chocalate coco add water tillit is almost thin stir really good...then put it on stove eye at high temperature make sure to keep stirred well till it boils then its ready....take bisquits tear them into small pieces then pour the chocalete gravy over them....you got yourself some fine eating you can also have bacon sausage or eggs with it....best breakfast in the south......charlie

Hey, Thanks!! I'm going to try that recipe...and then go on a diet.

hugh rather 04-21-2019 12:16 AM

Thanks

What a good thread.Thanks to all who replied.