Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2023 Hall of Fame Dinner (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37660)

Mike Koneski 02-10-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 381996)
Looking to Chuck and me for social cues might not be the wisest option. Now John Davis and Tom Wooden can teach you how to dress like a dandy!

Those guys are wayyyy too high-brow for me!! :rotf:

Chuck Bishop 02-10-2023 05:45 PM

Truer words have never been spoken!

Mike Koneski 02-11-2023 04:16 PM

It's not about playing dress up. It's about getting the job done, shooting gooder than others and winning BLING!! Plus, who wants to pack a suit/tie/dress shoes for a road trip that is 99% shooting?? Just sayin'. :nono:

CraigThompson 02-11-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 382211)
It's not about playing dress up. It's about getting the job done, shooting gooder than others and winning BLING!! Plus, who wants to pack a suit/tie/dress shoes for a road trip that is 99% shooting?? Just sayin'. :nono:

Heck there was a time that I used to wear a coat and tie to UVA football games as well as anytime I went to steeplechase races or hunt meets . But like a good many other things that time has come and gone .

Dean Romig 02-11-2023 07:02 PM

I know there is no written or enforceable dress code for this event but after all, it is an induction ceremony for a highly esteemed and respected PGCA Member and co-author of TPS and a great display of some of the finest pieces of Parker family history in his possession.

Just my $0.02....

Mike Franzen 02-12-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 382211)

As always, your logic is impeccable! You might be the only one showing up in a Hawaiian shirt but I guarantee you won’t be the only one without a coat and tie. Coming from my perspective as someone who makes their living wearing funny robes and walking around barefoot, a coat and tie is a nice change of pace. I think those who may be outraged by a Hawaiian shirt could possibly be mollified by the addition of the traditional grass loincloth. Just a thought.

Garry L Gordon 02-12-2023 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 382283)
As always, your logic is impeccable! You might be the only one showing up in a Hawaiian shirt but I guarantee you won’t be the only one without a coat and tie. Coming from my perspective as someone who makes their living wearing funny robes and walking around barefoot, a coat and tie is a nice change of pace. I think those who may be outraged by a Hawaiian shirt could possibly be mollified by the addition of the traditional grass loincloth. Just a thought.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::shock::shock::shock:
I can’t un-see this!

Mike Koneski 02-12-2023 01:46 PM

Mikey, I have the legs to pull off the grass skirt, scars and all!! Grass skirt is just a Hawaiian kilt, correct? If I go in that garb you should go in your gi.

Mike Franzen 02-12-2023 11:53 PM

I’m afraid if I agreed you would call my hand. The HOF banquet isn’t an appropriate venue for something like this. However there might be a professional wrestling event that would gladly host the Karate Kid vs Momo!!!

Mike Koneski 02-13-2023 08:14 AM

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: Now that there is just funny!