Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   USPS Service (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31898)

Jim DiSpagno 12-17-2020 12:40 PM

In November, shipped to California. Two day Priority Mail too 22 days. Item returned to me in NJ in 3 days. Go figure

Dean Romig 12-17-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Budgeon (Post 318941)
The post office is a US government agency that only lost $5 billion last year and you expect your deliveries on time. You must be kidding!

If it was privatized it would probably be quite the money maker.

Jeff Kuss 12-17-2020 01:31 PM

I sent a package to Georgia in Sept. It sat in Elk Grove Village for 7 weeks.

Phillip Carr 12-17-2020 01:32 PM

Even small freight companies are unreliable. Had a local company scheduled to pick up 3 pallets of shelled pecans to be delivered to a customer this past Monday. ( purposely scheduled a week earlier then the customer requested to allow for any delays)Truck did not not show. They rescheduled for Wednesday again no show. Promised a pick up today and guess what a text a little while ago telling me cannot do it. I now need to rent a truck and make a 10 hour round trip to meet my commitment to my customer.

Joseph Sheerin 12-17-2020 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wow...

Bob Brown 12-17-2020 03:07 PM

Last month I ordered my wife and I new cell phones. For some reason they sent mine by Canada Post and her's by Purolator Courier. Canada Post had longer expected delivery time and beat it by a day. Purolator's tracking website said her's missed a connection and then just stopped. After about a week and a half of no change I tried calling their telephone number. The recorded message said they were experiencing high volumes, suggested checking the website, and hung up. A couple of days after that I tried the automated chat on the tracking website. I typed in the tracking number and the machine said it missed a connection and was there anything else they could help with. I typed in a couple of more questions and each time the machine said it wasn't programed with a response to that guestion and was there anything else it could help with. While I thought of what to do next I typed in that it didn't help and was useless. It responded that it didn't appreciate my tone and language and froze the chat. Welcome to customer service in the 21st century.

CraigThompson 12-18-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sheerin (Post 318805)
So far, the seller has been very patient. And, seems in no hurry.

Problem is, with a cashiers check, they are very difficult to stop.

So, we have to wait it out.

The problem for me is, this is the EXACT gun I have been looking for for a very long time.... And, now must wait because of PO.... arrgh!

We've had to stop payment on a couple cashiers checks that we assume lost in the mail . Anyway Bank of America requires 30 or 90 days (don't remmember which) before they'll stop payment .

Joseph Sheerin 12-18-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 319066)
We've had to stop payment on a couple cashiers checks that we assume lost in the mail . Anyway Bank of America requires 30 or 90 days (don't remmember which) before they'll stop payment .

Mine is with US Bank, and they said 90 days. They are hard to stop for a reason..... So, if it comes to that, I'll be out a bit of cash til that all gets settled. Problem is, if I send the guy another check.... I am afraid it suffers the same fate, I rek'n if it comes to that, it'll go fedex.

Still sitting at dist center right now, no new updates.....

Phil Yearout 12-18-2020 02:29 PM

Luckily I don't have any big money items hanging out there, but I do have a few small items that are taking forever to arrive. Monday I spent almost an hour in line at the post office to mail three packages; when I got within site of the counter...one window was open :cuss:. I ordered a couple things on Amazon prime this morning which are supposed to be 2-day delivery; will be interesting to see if they make it.

Brian Dudley 12-18-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sheerin (Post 318957)
wow...

Those photos are something else.

Now... Lets forget the current (and hopefully temporary) third world state of the postal service and look at this positively. That is that usually our Postal system is a shining example of how to get things done in this country and just think that in a normal year, volumes like this would be handled with no issue, not to mention the volume they see year round.