Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2022 Spring turkey pictures (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36106)

Phillip Carr 05-04-2022 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a Parker but it is always nice to hear when a young person gets into hunting. This is the 5th bird my brother George helped in calling in this season. George received a call yesterday asking if he would be willing to help a local girl try and get a turkey. They meet at 5:15 is morning, had birds gobble of the roost. 45 minutes later the gobbler arrived and gave them a show a 30 yards. Even better her dad was there to watch her get her first turkey.

Joseph Sheerin 05-05-2022 12:32 PM

That's a great look'n turkey no matter what gun it was taken with.

I need to get out west for one of those colorful birds.... :D

Dean Romig 05-05-2022 02:14 PM

A great gobbler in anybody’s book!

Congratulations to the shooter and caller. Must have been a very special moment!

Reggie Bishop 05-05-2022 02:21 PM

What a turkey! Beautiful and huge!

Randy G Roberts 05-08-2022 02:34 PM

Hoosier Bird

1 Attachment(s)
Birds were very active this morning, one of the most exciting hunts I have been on. I had set up before daylight on a field edge where I have been seeing birds. Put out one Jake decoy and very luckily ended up in the perfect spot. 1 bird to my right at 75 yards or so carrying on and another across the field in the tree line about 150 yards with I don't know how many others gobbling. Not long after daylight there were 3 Toms, 3 Jakes, and 6 hens out in the field. The Toms were trying to figure out who was boss and not gobbling much after they hit the ground but the hens were talking and that got several other birds gobbling. Next thing I know I have birds coming from the North and the South at the same time. It wasn't long before this guy decided to check out the Jake decoy. Long shot at some 15 yards but the GHE was up to the task with 1 1/8 oz of #5's from Morris of RST fame. He was so close I used the Mod barrel. When he hit the ground and commenced to flapping things really got crazy. Every bird in the field joined in, the more I cut and carried on the more excited they became. Pretty darned enjoyable morning. Kept the thighs and drumsticks off this one to make some soup, yummy.

Garry L Gordon 05-08-2022 02:49 PM

Put that one down in your journal as "Perfection." Refer to it when times are not as wonderful. Congratulations, Randy. What do you suppose your heart rate was during all this?

Randy G Roberts 05-08-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 363256)
Put that one down in your journal as "Perfection." Refer to it when times are not as wonderful. Congratulations, Randy. What do you suppose your heart rate was during all this?

Don't know Garry but it sure was exciting. I'll remember that hunt a long time, as you know they only come around like that so often.

CraigThompson 05-10-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 363261)
Don't know Garry but it sure was exciting. I'll remember that hunt a long time, as you know they only come around like that so often.

When we get to PA in June , remind of spring turkeys . Might have a little something for you .:cool:

CraigThompson 05-10-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Owens (Post 362913)
Here is a Arizona bird I took yesterday with a 34" 8 gauge shooting brass RMC shells. The turkey weighed 21 pounds and had a 11" beard.

Yes sir !

Thats what I wanna do , if I can get my cousin out to call one in for me . Can't decide between the DH 8 or the hammer 8 :whistle:

Were you using 1 1/2 or a 1 3/4 load ?

Randy G Roberts 05-11-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 363418)
When we get to PA in June , remind of spring turkeys . Might have a little something for you .:cool:

Hmmmmm, that's putting a lot of pressure on me to remember.