Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yard sale buy of the YEAR!!!! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10238)

Bill Murphy 04-11-2013 08:45 AM

For Ed and Mike, I will tell the short version of my .410 Skeet on a new thread. The long version tells the stories of the many Parker .410s I haven't bought over the past fifty years.

Wayne Johnson 04-11-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan kirchner (Post 103723)
I paid the man what he was asking and it was more than $100. I would have hoped you guys would be happy for me with a great find but it appears some are not

Don't worry about it. Happens on the Smith & Wesson boards too. Although it's usually "You stupid sap. You paid way too much for that gun. Why I know where I can buy them all day long for half that, and they'll throw in a pizza and beer to make the deal." I stopped posting how much I paid for that reason.

Funny thing is they never offer to sell me one for half what I paid. Imagine that.

If the seller is happy, and you're happy, everybody got a good deal.

Mike Franzen 04-11-2013 09:58 AM

When I read your post I thought the gun was better off being with you

Thomas L. Benson Sr. 04-11-2013 10:28 AM

Alan: I for one really enjoyed your garage sale 410 story and will be repeating it for years to come because it is true. I just think like Calvin said you have some jealous people and there are a few in every group.Congradulations and can't wait for pictures. Thomas

Bill Murphy 04-11-2013 10:42 AM

I'm just waiting for Allen to PM me. I have a heavy checkbook and plenty of Parkers.

Bill Murphy 04-11-2013 10:42 AM

I'm just waiting for Alan to PM me. I have a heavy checkbook and plenty of Parkers. I enjoyed his story too.

todd allen 04-11-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan kirchner (Post 103723)
sorry guys I am out of town with limited computer use. I will tell you this if I get one more nasty message I am going to ask to have this thread locked. I paid the man what he was asking and it was more than $100. I would have hoped you guys would be happy for me with a great find but it appears some are not I am sorry you feel that way but I am sure given the same chance you would have purchased the gun yourself. I always thought this site had a bunch of guys with a lot of class but for some it appears I was wrong. I will post a picture as soon as I return home next week . I tried to get my wife to take a picture and email it to me so I could post it but it came out about 1 inch tall and 2 inches long???? I have no idea how she did that but I give her an A for trying

I'm sorry to hear that you are catching grief from some unfortunately jealous people. I, for one, thought it was a great story, and enjoyed reading it.
Someone offers something for sale, you pay him what he asks, where's the harm?

Destry L. Hoffard 04-11-2013 12:03 PM

I went to a garage sale this morning, my big purchases were a Zippo pocket knife and a vintage bicycle seat. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. Alan you ate the bear this week for sure. Hell make that two bears! You are officially my hero for this entire garage sale season.

The only story I ever heard that was close to this was a picker guy around here locally buying a Model 21 20 gauge in a LOM case at a garage sale for $10. He told them there was a gun in the case and they said they didn't care just take it. I've made some real money out garage sale picking over the years but I've never hit a lick like that one or the one discussed here that's for sure. My day is coming, hope springs eternal.......

Destry

P.S. Screw the naysayers, they're just jealous.

P.S.S. When a man makes you a price on something and you pay what he asks, you have done no wrong.

Harry Sanders 04-11-2013 12:22 PM

Once got a Fox 16 Sterlingworth Deluxe with original hang tags for $225. They had it priced as if it were a Fox B.

edward mccay 04-11-2013 12:24 PM

Buy low sell high! Good job!