Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bachelder's work continues to be stellar (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26528)

Carl G. Bachhuber 02-17-2019 09:26 AM

They have had my M21 for over a year now, to reattach lower rib and blue the barrels. I am told it will be '2 more months'. If the work is done right I will be happy, but I would like it back for the coming duck season. I feel their pain in trying to find true craftsmen today. Just finding an hvac guy, painter, or sheet metal person is almost impossible these days. Skilled labor seems to be a thing of the past.
C.G.B.

Ed Blake 02-25-2019 08:01 AM

If you want ribs relayed and blued I can recommend Giacomo’s. They relayed and reblued a set of DHE barrels for me and it took them 6 weeks to get them back to me. And this was right after the Grand so they had plenty of work. Granted, the barrels are Perazzi blue rather than Parker blue but what the hey.... some of the wait times you guys describe are totally unacceptable regardless of the gunsmith.

Brad Bachelder 02-25-2019 01:06 PM

Hello everyone, this is Parker Bachelder.
I visit this site quite often as I enjoy seeing the enthusiasm shared for these great guns.
I appreciate all your feedback, positive and critical. It is crucial for myself to understand the concerns that may be outstanding.
I understand the trust that is extended by the customer to a repair facility and patience that is required over the duration of the service being performed.
It is my continuing aim to deliver a service that exceeds expectations in quality of product and customer service.
It is obvious that we have a substantial backlog though things are progressing at a very good rate. It has been nearly a year to the day that we have been without Brad. The challenges this past year has presented have been beyond my expectations, though that would seem obvious to most as Brad was a man of immeasurable talent.
It is true that filling his role will be a substantial task, I have remained relatively quiet on this forum as I would prefer our work to speak for itself.
My hopes are to continue to be thoroughly involved in your community, and to be a valuable point of contact for your service needs.
I will ensure that any concerns that my clients have are met with a timely response and plan of resolution until we are firmly resolved of overstated delivery dates.
Thank you again for your understanding everyone, I cannot overstate how grateful we are for the continuing support extended by this group.
-Parker B

Dean Romig 02-25-2019 01:42 PM

Thanks very much for responding Parker. I was hoping you had read this thread and as it turns out, you had. I'm sure it was a bit of a sting to read some of the comments made, mine included, and I would guess an immediate reaction may have been a strong defense - but that wouldn't have been necessary - the quality of work coming out of your shop is defense enough. It is still some of the very best in the business.

I still want to send you some work but I'll wait until the back log is mostly cleared up.

Best, Dean

Brad Bachelder 02-25-2019 02:53 PM

Thank you Dean,
Your responses are tactful, no shop is without critique and we will continue to make improvements to our operation.
Myself and my staff will do everything in our power to maintain a reputation as an accessible resource, practice clarity in communication and improve our restoration procedures.
As someone said earlier in the thread, Brad's presence in the firearms world couldn't be understated. We're going to do everything we can to keep his name in high regard.

Bill Holcombe 03-01-2019 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not mine, but Parker just posted this on their facebook page of a set of 1895 CHE Bernards :clap:

Phillip Carr 03-01-2019 04:49 PM

Very nice absolutly 1st class work!!!

Dean Romig 03-02-2019 06:42 AM

Is that a weep hole in front of the forend loop?

(edited for accuracy)

Rich Anderson 03-02-2019 10:12 AM

sure looks like one.

Harry Collins 03-02-2019 10:17 AM

That is the color I'm trying to achieve. Absolutely beautiful.