Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Any of us own CSMC Fox guns or want too? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16081)

Dean Romig 04-09-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 164736)
I don't think comparing a reproduction Parker that cost $2500 new and a CSMC Fox that cost $30,000 new for a similar grade is a fair comparison.

And you certainly can't compare the $2,500 of thirty years ago with an equal dollar value of today and then match it against $30K.

Never the less, The CSMC Fox guns are far superior, in finish only, than the Parker Reproductions. As far as manufacturing and grade of steels used, they are probably about equal... but the Parker Repro has a great deal more machine processes required to manufacture it.

Durability and dependability goes to the CSMC Fox of course.

Let's not forget either, the niche market name of CSMC Fox and the specialized market they advertise and sell to. Mr. Skeuese was trying to make the Parker (reproduction) affordable to the average shooter/hunter. I don't think Tony uses the same marketing model.

Eric Eis 04-09-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 164756)
And you certainly can't compare the $2,500 of thirty years ago with an equal dollar value of today and then match it against $30K.

Never the less, The CSMC Fox guns are far superior, in finish only, than the Parker Reproductions. As far as manufacturing and grade of steels used, they are probably about equal... but the Parker Repro has a great deal more machine processes required to manufacture it.

Let's not forget either, the niche market name of CSMC Fox and the specialized market they advertise and sell to. Mr. Skeuese was trying to make the Parker (reproduction) affordable to the average shooter/hunter. I don't think Tony uses the same marketing model.

Dean you are absolutely right and that was what I was trying to say in m last post, for the dollar today, a $4500 Repro is just about the best side by side you can buy today, period. The CSMC Fox is an entirely different animal.

Mike Koneski 04-09-2015 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 164756)

I'd say, just for numbers sake, that CSMC fetch $30K per gun, and suppose the profit is $5K range per gun, his volume can be a heck of a lot lower and still turn the same profit as selling higher volumes of guns for $4500 and making $500/ea. Definitely a different niche, and not a bad business plan. :)

Dean Romig 04-09-2015 04:40 PM

As has been said many times before, the Parker Reproduction by Winchester is a
very much under-appreciated and under-valued gun in today's market. And if the
Repro project had not been done before and was undertaken today they would be
FAR more expensive to manufacture and would retail a lot closer to the prices
commanded by CSMC for their Foxes. And, mark my words - there would be a lot
fewer Repros made than the roughly 10,000 that were.

Phillip Carr 04-09-2015 05:51 PM

I believe CSMC will build you a 28 gauge Parker, and they are getting how much?

Dean Romig 04-09-2015 07:06 PM

Excellent point Phil.

bill grill 04-10-2015 12:03 PM

I had one of his SxS sporting clays guns. Was a great gun, zero issues, regret selling it.:(

Rich Anderson 04-10-2015 05:15 PM

Greg I will agree with you that DE that Steve has is wonderful and I tried to trade into it but it's a consignment gun and Steve couldn't do it. It's just as well as I really don't need a third 28 but that wood is hard to resist.

If Kenny posted pics of his new gun I missed them.

Bill Murphy 04-10-2015 05:50 PM

I certainly don't begrudge Tony's price on the Fox, since he built me an astounding Inverness for a pittance and built a great number of RBLs for similar prices. You decide what your budget is and you make your decision. Anyone who thinks Tony makes too much profit on a Fox CE .410 can buy a .410 RBL for less than half the price. Tony addresses all price points and tries to meet all tastes.

Kenny Graft 04-10-2015 07:56 PM

I received the little Fox 28ga DE-spl from Steve Barnet

3 Attachment(s)
Her are some pictures that I just took. If you want to see better pictures it is still listed on Guns International, look under heading: Connecticut Shotgun CSMC , then 1/3 of the way down on the first page, Steve has some really good pictures.
This gun was made 1997 Engraved by Richard Roy and has exhibition Turkish walnut with FE checkering and has not been fooled with, shows some very light use and is still 99%...(-: Steve listed chokes as CYL/IC, it left the factory Skeet/IC and it measures .004/.007 chokes are also correct. I plan to take it out in the morning to shoot sporting clays. It does fire and eject properly as I shot it the day it came!, all is well. This is a wonderful example of the Fox guns built by CSMC. SXS ohio