Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A Winter Wonderland (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38042)

Dan Steingraber 12-22-2022 12:01 PM

I’m firing up my snowblowers at home and at the office today. I’ll have to work in the wind at home because family Christmas is at our house but except for the front sidewalk the office can wait until the 20-40 mph winds subside.

Mike Koneski 12-22-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 377980)
46 which sounds better than -5, but something about the humidity down here that makes it seem much colder.

And like I said, it did not bother me too much.

46 is sweatshirt weather!!

Mills Morrison 12-22-2022 02:41 PM

I had a Filson tin jacket that did just fine.

Stan Hillis 12-22-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 377973)
Nothing more refreshing than Southern black water in the summer

Man, that stream you pictured would be perfect to drift for ducks in my "kayak". One of my favorite ways to hunt them by myself.

Richard Flanders 12-22-2022 03:38 PM

Sweatshirt? How you gonna get a suntan with a sweatshirt on??!!:cool:

CraigThompson 12-22-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 377980)
46 which sounds better than -5, but something about the humidity down here that makes it seem much colder.

And like I said, it did not bother me too much.

A number of years back I was out in northeastern Montana deer hunting in early November, think it was single digit temps in the mornings with dusting of snow . Never really felt cold . Got back here the day before the VA gun season opened and went out the following morning wearing the same amount of clothes and it was 32ish here and I thought I was going to freeze to death . Yes humidity plays a tremendous factor as far as I’m concerned !

Mike Koneski 12-22-2022 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Flanders (Post 378021)

Sweatshirt? How you gonna get a suntan with a sweatshirt on??!!:cool:

I didn’t say long sleeves! :rotf:

Dan Steingraber 12-22-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Hillis (Post 378014)
Man, that stream you pictured would be perfect to drift for ducks in my "kayak". One of my favorite ways to hunt them by myself.

I had a good buddy in high school with a 12 foot flat bottom aluminum boat and we floated some local rivers a few times a year and shot mostly woodies and a few mallards along with a few squirrels now and then. Most of the water we floated on was 30-40 feet wide at the wide spots. I loved the quiet stalk and the thrill of rounding a turn and having a bunch of ducks explode out of the water.

Garry L Gordon 12-22-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber (Post 378053)
I had a good buddy in high school with a 12 foot flat bottom aluminum boat and we floated some local rivers a few times a year and shot mostly woodies and a few mallards along with a few squirrels now and then. Most of the water we floated on was 30-40 feet wide at the wide spots. I loved the quiet stalk and the thrill of rounding a turn and having a bunch of ducks explode out of the water.

Dan, there's nothing quite like those days. I have some stowed away, too.

Gary Carmichael Sr 12-23-2022 11:54 AM

Guys that brings back memories of my youth floating down Deep River in a flat bottom home made boat after squirrels, later to enjoy squirrel gravy on home made biscuits, those were the days! Gary