Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2019 VINTAGE CUP poster (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27619)

Mike Koneski 08-18-2019 11:40 AM

Austin, the little guns (.410 through 24 or 28)will be shot on the course beyond the 5-Stand. Not sure where the rifle event will be. I remember there was one set up to the left of the access drive to the vendors tent a few years ago. But that is probably not the location in September. I’m thinking the far end of the small bore course.

edgarspencer 08-18-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 279268)
Sounds like a lot of walking to me. Following is the contact info for cart rental if interested:
Empire Golf Cars
Jim Farrelly
(607) 206-4100
(888) 913-6747

Somewhat of a disappointment to have to budget more for my half of a cart rental, than the ammo I hope to shoot.

Bob Jurewicz 08-22-2019 09:54 AM

A nonmember friend asked if there is an ENTERENCE CHARGE for this event?
Bob Jurewicz

Dean Romig 08-22-2019 10:13 AM

Always has been in the past.....

Daryl Corona 08-22-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jurewicz (Post 279701)
A nonmember friend asked if there is an ENTERENCE CHARGE for this event?
Bob Jurewicz

The last couple of years at Hopkins in Maryland there was no fee charged just to come and browse the vendors. Years ago at Sandanonna and I think as recently as Pintail Point they did charge to enter but realized that it upset people. If you were registered to shoot the fee was waived.

Dean Romig 08-22-2019 12:11 PM

Right, same at our recent Annual Meeting at Addieville in conjunction with the Vintagers.

James L. Martin 08-22-2019 12:16 PM

Does anyone know if there is a entrance charge this year? will PGCA members get in free if there is a charge? I have not read anywhere in there ads about a entrance fee.

Ronald Scott 08-22-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James L. Martin (Post 279712)
Does anyone know if there is a entrance charge this year? will PGCA members get in free if there is a charge? I have not read anywhere in there ads about a entrance fee.

I was wondering if you have to be a member of the Vintagers to shoot at the event?

Dean Romig 08-22-2019 01:10 PM

Exhibitors have always enjoyed no entrance fee... and the PGCA is an exhibitor.

Frank Srebro 08-22-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James L. Martin (Post 279712)

If there is a fee ….. what's the rationale for random PGCA members getting in free? Almost everyone is a member of one of the exhibiting associations: Fox, Lefever, L C Smith, German Gun Collectors, etc. Should the same benefit apply to their members? At Vintagers events back in the good old days at Pintail Point the table people (3-4) got free badges but that didn't extend to hundreds of members of collector groups.

I'm not connected with the event or the Vintagers principals in any way; I’m just a SxS shooter and gun nut like many here. Let's put this event in perspective. I'm thinking it will be the largest SxS shoot and table exhibition north of the Spring Southern. So you might spend a few extra bucks to split a golf cart with your buddy; that will get you easy access to/from the parking area and around the courses and tents. Entrance fee (if any) can't be that much and I doubt it’s a make or break for almost all of us. Are you going to cancel out going because the setup is different and a little more expensive than the Hidden Hollow June shoot? Not this guy.

Dean Romig 08-22-2019 01:20 PM

Hope to see you there Frank.

Incidentally, all collector groups who have tables at the event are exhibitors. I only made reference to the PGCA because this is the PGCA website. I don’t speak for others I am not affiliated with as a paid member.

Steve Cambria 08-22-2019 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Srebro (Post 279719)
Let's put this event in perspective. I'm thinking it will be the largest SxS shoot and table exhibition north of the Spring Southern. Are you going to cancel out going because the setup is different and a little more expensive than the Hidden Hollow June shoot? Not this guy!!

In other words...………

Attachment 75470

Josh Loewensteiner 08-23-2019 05:38 AM

There is no admission charge for this event, regardless of club affiliation. This sounds like it is shaping up to be a wonderful weekend filled with plenty of fine guns (I heard vendor tents are about sold out) good people, and plenty of fun targets. PGCA annual meeting is always a great time as well! What more could we ask for?

Dean Romig 08-23-2019 06:53 AM

Thanks for that information Josh!

We’ll see you there!

Brian Dudley 08-23-2019 08:20 AM

Charging admission went by the wayside with the changing of the guard in the vintagers. They have not charged admission the last 3 years since they started again. I do not see why they would at hausmanns. But... i only speculate.

I only attended one of the Vintage Cups under the old management. That was at addieville when the annual meeting was there in 2013 I believe. And they were NOT charging admission for members of collectors associations (or at least the pgca, I cannot speak for others). I recall driving up and being asked if I was a member of any of the associations, I said PGCA and they waved me through.

Pete Lester 08-24-2019 03:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
For those who have not seen it elsewhere this schedule of events showed up on the Lefever Arms Facebook page. Interesting things to note, Main event starts at 10 AM Saturday but shooting hours are listed as starting at 9AM, FPC is also at 10AM Saturday. Youth shooters under 16 need proof of completion of a Hunter Education Course.

edgarspencer 08-24-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Srebro (Post 279719)
So you might spend a few extra bucks to split a golf cart with your buddy

It wouldn't prevent me from attending, but just for the record, Frank, the cart rental is more than double Addievilles rate, at a few bucks shy of $200.

Pete Lester 08-24-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 279894)
It wouldn't prevent me from attending, but just for the record, Frank, the cart rental is more than double at Addieville, at a few bucks shy of $200.

It would be nice to get confirmation of any shuttle arrangement and the details of how it will run.

Frank Srebro 08-24-2019 06:07 PM

Duplicate - deleted.

Frank Srebro 08-24-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 279894)
It wouldn't prevent me from attending, but just for the record, Frank, the cart rental is more than double at Addieville, at a few bucks shy of $200.

Edgar, respectfully, the advert on the Vintagers site shows a 2 person cart @ $165. plus tax for the three days,

165 * 1.06 (PA tax rate) = $175. for the three days, again that's the total for two people on the seat.

I have no idea what the cart rate was/is for three days at Addieville but I do know when I did the VC at Addieville a few years back there was only one course, short enough to walk which we did; the parking area was adjacent to the tents; and the vendors were pretty sparse. Also the sit down lunch was served on china and although good the price was right up there. I don't remember an option to order a burger or something light.

Net, imo any comparison between clubs and rental golf cart suppliers is irrelevant. Apples to oranges.

Dean Romig 08-24-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Srebro (Post 279904)
I have no idea what the cart rate was/is for three days at Addieville but I do know when I did the VC at Addieville a few years back there was only one course, short enough to walk which we did; the parking area was adjacent to the tents; and the vendors were pretty sparse. Also the sit down lunch was served on china and although good the price was right up there. I don't remember an option to order a burger or something light.

Net, imo any comparison between clubs and rental golf cart suppliers is irrelevant. Apples to oranges.

I fail to see any relevance in your example Frank, unless for some reason the golf cart vendor is justified in his pricing for the ‘comparison’ you have made?

Frank Srebro 08-24-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 279905)
I fail to see any relevance in your example Frank, unless for some reason the golf cart vendor is justified in his pricing for the ‘comparison’ you have made?

Dean, I tried to reply to Edgar's quote and his math, and also stated that imo comparisons between clubs and cart rentals are irrelevant. Bottom line, I didn't set up nor am I running the rental golf cart concession. Those who feel the rate or other arrangements are out of line or not justified should work it with the Vintager's rep. I am done with this thread.

frank

Dean Romig 08-24-2019 06:55 PM

Sorry Frank, I hope you weren’t insulted by my reply.
I know you have nothing to do with any of the arrangements for the event.

$60/day for a cart seems pricey but they are probably the only vendor who can handle the number of carts needed so we just have to accept it or take the shuttle.

Frank Srebro 08-24-2019 07:04 PM

Thanks Dean, no I wasn't insulted. I do understand there are different perspectives on value received vs. cost. I hope to see you at the VGC.

frank

edgarspencer 08-24-2019 07:46 PM

The Addieville course is 100 targets, as opposed to a shorter walk for 50 or 60 targets at HHSC.
I am splitting with another PGCA member, and while I've never seen the Vintagers poster, my share of the cart is over $90.
To my knowledge, there is no offer to rent for $60/day.
Comparing food at the two venues is really splitting hairs, but at least we got to park closer to shooting and tents in RI.

Russell E. Cleary 08-25-2019 06:35 AM

This is an interesting and informative thread. I almost missed it, not looking under NON-PARKER SHOOTING EVENTS, SHOWS AND CONVENTIONS for anything related to the up-coming 2019 PGCA Annual Meeting and Banquet.

This is an event Kathy G. and I are looking forward to, however much this Thread was beginning to feel like someone might well print up some tee-shirts saying, I SURVIVED THE VINTAGERS GUNNERS CHAMPIONSHIP AND EXHIBITION AT HAUSEMANN’S HIDDEN HOLLOW IN SEPTEMBER 2019.

Having missed so many Northeast-based Parker events over the years, being at sea half the time, I see this event offering a lot more upside than downside for the vintage gun enthusiast.

We expect to be there, not shooting, but looking, learning, admiring and maybe relieving someone at the PGCA table so he can shoot.

Frank Srebro 08-25-2019 03:05 PM

This has nothing to do with rental golf carts, parking or shuttles but I want to clarify that the 2012 Vintage Cup at Addieville and specifically the Fox - Parker Challenge was shot on a 50 bird course, not 100. The final tally for 5 shooters on each team X 50 birds each was Fox 219 and Parker 201.

edgarspencer 08-25-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Srebro (Post 279964)
This has nothing to do with rental golf carts, parking or shuttles but I want to clarify that the 2012 Vintage Cup at Addieville and specifically the Fox - Parker Challenge was based on a 50 bird course, not 100. The final tally for 5 shooters on each team X 50 birds each was Fox 219 and Parker 201.

.......and the main event was 100 birds, as were the practice rounds.

Frank Srebro 08-25-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 279967)
.......and the main event was 100 birds, as were the practice rounds.

A comparison with the VC when at Addieville keeps coming up. Again to clarify some details, for 2012 the Vintage Cup Main Event at Addieville was indeed 100 birds, and the "Small Gauge, 10 gauge, 12 gauge Preliminary, American Classic, RST 12 gauge Hammer gun and the Black Powder cartridge shotgun" events were all 50 birds each. No mention in the program of any practice birds on the course. Entry was $20. per day except for preregistered shooters/spouses and Vintagers members/spouses.

Those 50 bird course events at Addieville sound similar to those planned at the upcoming VGC.

Bob Decker 09-07-2019 01:51 PM

News from Tom Snyder today is that parking and camping will be back at the field used during the Northeast SxS at Hausmann's. The field down by the quarry will be used for overflow parking and there will be a shuttle. I don't understand what parking will be allowed along the tents for venders. This sounds somewhat better than last week's plans for parking and camping.

Frank Srebro 09-07-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Decker (Post 280959)
News from Tom Snyder today is that parking and camping will be back at the field used during the Northeast SxS at Hausmann's. The field down by the quarry will be used for overflow parking and there will be a shuttle. I don't understand what parking will be allowed along the tents for venders. This sounds somewhat better than last week's plans for parking and camping.

Dr Bob,
I talked with Tom Snyder while at an invitational shoot today and he told me the regular/close field will be used for shooter parking, and that shooter overflow and spectator parking (visitors to look at guns, accouterments, etc in the tents) will be in the field near the quarry and with shuttle transport. We DID NOT talk about camping and thus I suggest you verify that any revised camping arrangements will be as you had written in the quote.

Frank Srebro 09-17-2019 08:35 AM

Just a weather update: I live about 30 miles from Hidden Hollow and today's forecast for Thursday thru Saturday is sun all three days, with daytime highs of 71 to 76 and overnight lows of 46 to 56. Looking good.

Randy G Roberts 09-17-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Srebro (Post 281621)
Just a weather update: I live about 30 miles from Hidden Hollow and today's forecast for Thursday thru Saturday is sun all three days, with daytime highs of 71 to 76 and overnight lows of 46 to 56. Looking good.

Yes Sir ! I googled the weather this AM and cannot say how thrilled I am to be leaving this 90 degree mode we seem to be stuck in, not to mention the makings of a drought.