Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Substitute for 20/28 20 G 3/4 & 7/8 oz (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47094)

Mike Koneski 09-26-2026 08:58 PM

Plenty of Longshot to be had out there.

Pete Lester 09-27-2026 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 453183)
Examples-

Hodgdon Longshot

Remington hulls Ched. 209 WAA20 15.3g 9,600PSI 1,150FPS

Hodgdon Longshot

Winchester AA hulls Win. 209 Rem. RXP20 16.8 9,200 1,200

Hodgdon Longshot

Remington hulls Rem. 209P Rem. RXP20 16.6 8,700 1,200

Where are you finding RXP20 wads for sale? They seem to have gone the way of the SP10 wad after Remington went out of business. I felt fortunate to find 4000 of them at a yard sale this year. I have found it to be the best wad for bulky powders in the AA and Rem hulls. FWIW the Ballistic Products SG20 Short wad has the same wad height but less shot is inside the cup.

Clark McCombe 09-27-2026 06:40 AM

Until a few weeks ago I had no idea what "Claude" was. It's an AI app that I now have on my phone and basically you can ask it anything.
Main application for me is to list a load, charge, powder, primer, hull, wad, and ask its pressure and FPS. It will come back with an answer and the source, Hogdon, Lyman, ballistic etc, so it can be checked. If there are no published results, it will tell you that and give some parameters.
"Claude" must search hundred of thousands of entries in seconds. This is where I can see the benefit of AI, and if you wish you can double check. Chat GPT is similar but I don't think lists as many sources. Claude also seems to check privately tested loads that have been discussed on various forums.
Crazy as its is, you can get into a discussion with Claude and it will make suggestions on adjusting a load for lower pressure or increased FPS, whatever your desire.
Actually, its kind of frightening.

Mike Koneski 09-27-2026 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 453232)
Where are you finding RXP20 wads for sale? They seem to have gone the way of the SP10 wad after Remington went out of business. I felt fortunate to find 4000 of them at a yard sale this year. I have found it to be the best wad for bulky powders in the AA and Rem hulls. FWIW the Ballistic Products SG20 Short wad has the same wad height but less shot is inside the cup.

I'm not the only one with a boat-load of SP10 wads and plenty of RXP20s. I've bought them when I found them, usually from private sources and well under market value.

As for the BP SG20 wads, some pellets outside the shot cup has never caused me to miss a clay or a bird.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org