Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Engraving & Engravers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Runge Engraving Log (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25988)

Russ Jackson 08-22-2020 07:50 AM

I also have a CHE 20 Gauge with Quail engraved on the Bottom of the receiver and Barrel Wedge engraving ! All " In The Know " who have seen this gun in person agree it is Runge Engraved but I would love to have the documentation ! I also have a BHE 410 Runge Engraved Upgrade which was once owned by Odus Odum ,I do have a letter from Larry DelGrego on that gun !

Bob Jurewicz 09-17-2020 08:44 AM

I am of the opinion that most if not all of "Runge" upgrade engraving will be signed like the link picture shows.
Bob Jurewicz

https://images.gunsinternational.com...3571835E03.jpg

Dean Romig 09-17-2020 09:02 AM

To be clear, Russ’ CHE 20 is the real deal and not an upgrade.

I’m sure Bob wasn’t implying it being an upgrade but just so others know is the reason for this post.

John Bastiani 09-17-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jurewicz (Post 312203)
I am of the opinion that most if not all of "Runge" upgrade engraving will be signed like the link picture shows.
Bob Jurewicz

https://images.gunsinternational.com...3571835E03.jpg

The Dealer states that Parker never made a BHE 410. Is that correct? I always thought that the one pictured in the Baer book was all original. I can't remember if the Parker story book pictures an original or not but I was thinking in my reading somewhere that a few original guns were made.

Dean Romig 09-17-2020 09:54 AM

I don't find any Grade-5 hammerless .410 guns listed in the tables in the Grades section of The Parker Story. This may, or may not, be definitive...

However, on page 306 there are pictures of 241788 a beautiful BHE .410 - which certainly appears to have been engraved by Runge - where it is described as "rare" not unique or 1 of 1, so...

Draw your own conclusions.

Kevin McCormack 09-17-2020 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=John Bastiani;312205]The Dealer states that Parker never made a BHE 410. Is that correct?

No, it is not correct - of the 3 BHE .410s I know of, the one Dean refers to in TPS is obviously a righteous gun; another owned years ago by a man named Emil Linder is similarly bona fide, and a third, which may or may not be a fake, was auctioned off by Butterfield's (?) some years ago. (There is always the possibility that the Linder gun is the one pictured in TPS).

A couple of things to think about:

Probably the greatest debunking of the "Parker Never Did That" axiom occurred when an obscure Gettysburg PA auction house surfaced the only known AHE .410 which sold north of $100K. Myself and several other PGCA members were invited to examine the gun and spent the better part of two hours with it; I can assure you it was "real."

Another tidbit to gnaw on is the following:

At the time the Linder gun was in the possession of its third owner after Linder's death, it essentially 'disappeared' from the mainstream of collector's media discussion and mention. During approximately the same time period, a man living in WA state reported purchasing 2 sets of Parker .410 barrels with forends out of a fibreboard barrel at a yard sale while vacationing on Cape Cod. There was no mention of serial numbers matching either barrels to forends or whether the barrel sets were for the same gun.

They are out there..........

Dean Romig 09-17-2020 04:18 PM

I. and probably others, have pictures of that auctioned AHE .410 Skeet gun.

I can post some here if anybody’s interested.

Bob Jurewicz 09-17-2020 04:35 PM

Dean
Yes please!
BobJurewicz

Dean Romig 09-17-2020 06:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm having trouble finding the pictures but I found the package that Bob Beach sent to me. I ordered the research material on this Parker because the same person who ordered this AHE Skeet gun 241576 through A&F also ordered the .410 SKEET-ER two-barrel set that I owned.

Okay... I found 'em... Nope, those weren't the right pics.

Also checked the tables in TPS and found 241576 in the .410's tables and also in the Grade 6 tables.

John Bastiani 09-17-2020 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=Kevin McCormack;312224]
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Bastiani (Post 312205)
The Dealer states that Parker never made a BHE 410. Is that correct?

No, it is not correct - of the 3 BHE .410s I know of, the one Dean refers to in TPS is obviously a righteous gun; another owned years ago by a man named Emil Linder is similarly bona fide, and a third, which may or may not be a fake, was auctioned off by Butterfield's (?) some years ago. (There is always the possibility that the Linder gun is the one pictured in TPS).

A couple of things to think about:

Probably the greatest debunking of the "Parker Never Did That" axiom occurred when an obscure Gettysburg PA auction house surfaced the only known AHE .410 which sold north of $100K. Myself and several other PGCA members were invited to examine the gun and spent the better part of two hours with it; I can assure you it was "real."

Another tidbit to gnaw on is the following:

At the time the Linder gun was in the possession of its third owner after Linder's death, it essentially 'disappeared' from the mainstream of collector's media discussion and mention. During approximately the same time period, a man living in WA state reported purchasing 2 sets of Parker .410 barrels with forends out of a fibreboard barrel at a yard sale while vacationing on Cape Cod. There was no mention of serial numbers matching either barrels to forends or whether the barrel sets were for the same gun.

They are out there..........

Do you know if the BHE 410 in the Baer book is legit? I also figured that this dealer was trying to prop up this gun by saying that to make a sale. I have witnessed several of his guns at shows and it seems that alot of his stuff isn't right or has been redone.