Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Benediction for Another Season (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26494)

Ken Hill 02-12-2019 09:25 PM

Garry,

Great post and it looks like you found a new place for next season! The last day in Kansas was pretty nice. A reasonable day: temps in the 50s, saw quite a few hens (hope they make great hatches for next year), shot a couple of roosters, and Belle came through with nice points. The roads were good, but there were still roads to avoid after it warmed up in the morning.

Here's to Next Season,
Ken

Garry L Gordon 02-13-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McKinney (Post 265649)
Gary, I really enjoyed your season. I wish you would write it up and possibly expand it for a PP article. It will make great reading and I know Dean will be glad to get it. Thanks for your account.

Thanks for your kind words, Mike.

Garry L Gordon 02-13-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Hill (Post 265650)
Garry,

Great post and it looks like you found a new place for next season! The last day in Kansas was pretty nice. A reasonable day: temps in the 50s, saw quite a few hens (hope they make great hatches for next year), shot a couple of roosters, and Belle came through with nice points. The roads were good, but there were still roads to avoid after it warmed up in the morning.

Here's to Next Season,
Ken

Ken, Glad to read you had a good last day. It sure helps for the off-season, waiting for next year. Happy to know Belle is still finding birds for you. There's nothing quite like hunting wild birds over your own dog.

And, yes(!), here's to Next Season.

Bill Paul 02-13-2019 04:19 PM

Beautiful bird, beautiful gun and beautiful sunset! But, as you say the weather taketh away; we couldn't put together enough nice days to make the drive to central Kansas worth it. Even with an increase in Quail as a bonus to Pheasants. But my "end of season " hunt in eastern Colorado was enough to give solace while looking forward to next year . Have great summer all !

Brett Hoop 02-13-2019 06:25 PM

Gary

Thanks for taking the time to share your hunts with us. I enjoy all the hunt reports, as I like to see our beloved Parkers still making game. Occasionally I find myself wondering if those men that created them could have ever imagined that 100 years in the future "their gun" would still be the first choice of many hunters.

I don't let the season end anymore. I simply observe the suspension of wild bird seasons, just a short brake with time to reflect and make a good plan for the next opener.

Garry L Gordon 02-14-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett Hoop (Post 265713)

I don't let the season end anymore. I simply observe the suspension of wild bird seasons, just a short brake with time to reflect and make a good plan for the next opener.

Brett,

You must have the patience of Job. I will try your philosophical outlook (sounds very healthy!), but if you hear cries of agony coming from Northwest of you, pay no mind, it's just me not able to exercise patience... and realizing that I'm getting older while I reflect. :)