Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   USPS Service (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31898)

Reggie Bishop 12-16-2020 02:12 PM

Dang Randy another one?! I bet it has 32" barrels!

:corn:

Jim DiSpagno 12-16-2020 02:15 PM

Same situation here. Shipped on 12/03 supposed to arrive on 12/7 arrived 12/15 and was only 150 miles. Such bull crap

Randy G Roberts 12-16-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop (Post 318812)
Dang Randy another one?! I bet it has 32" barrels!

:corn:

Sorry Reggie but you would lose that bet. They're longer than that.:shock:

Brian Dudley 12-16-2020 02:32 PM

I was at the post office today and the clerk was telling someone that the only service they could guarantee delivery of on time is express mail.

I spoke up and corrected him by saying that the only guarantee is to drive it there yourself.

The funny thing is that a few months ago everyone wanted to blame it on the election. Now it is even worse than it ever was. What is the excuse now? back to Covid must be.

Joseph Sheerin 12-16-2020 02:40 PM

There is a guy on another board i post on, who works at P.O.

He said, that entire dist centers have shut down due to covid. So, if your item is there, it's just gonna sit.

Joseph Sheerin 12-16-2020 02:42 PM

BTW, my letter was last at : ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

If you just do a search on google, you will see complaint after complaint of things getting stuck there for weeks at a time.

I guess it's a black hole in the USPS world.

Brian Dudley 12-16-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Sheerin (Post 318820)
There is a guy on another board i post on, who works at P.O.

He said, that entire dist centers have shut down due to covid. So, if your item is there, it's just gonna sit.

I was told it is basically mountains of packages at those facilities that need to move and very few are getting out. If yours is on the bottom of the pile, then it will be a while.

What has killed me about all of this is that I have had items coming from across the country that get to me in record time, but packages going 2-4 hours away are taking 10 days or more.

Joseph Sheerin 12-16-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 318824)
I was told it is basically mountains of packages at those facilities that need to move and very few are getting out. If yours is on the bottom of the pile, then it will be a while.

What has killed me about all of this is that I have had items coming from across the country that get to me in record time, but packages going 2-4 hours away are taking 10 days or more.

Mine was going to PA, from here in MO, why it went to Chicago... I guess I don't understand logistics.

It's just very frustrating. I wish the people at PO would be upfront and tell you, it may not get there for 3 weeks, I would have taken it to UPS or Fedex.

Reggie Bishop 12-16-2020 02:52 PM

One day last week I drove by our local post office to drop some office mail in the outdoor mail drop. The large metal mail drops. There are two sitting side by side and both were so full of mail that I could not get mine in either one. Maybe more people are dropping mail outside as opposed to entering the building due to Covid. But if so, should they not empty the outside drops more frequently?? It really is crazy right now.

J. Scott Hanes 12-16-2020 04:13 PM

Put a first-class mailer in the local PO on 12-5. It went to the Houston DC the same night, due to deliver on 12-9 in PA. It still sits in Houston (25 miles away) as of today. Incredible!

Scott Hanes