Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2021 Central Pa. SxS shoot (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32541)

Mike Koneski 04-10-2021 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s our squad, L to R-
Dave deFernelmont, Kevin McCormick, Mike Koneski, Chuck Bishop, Anthony Pilotti and Jeremiah Wertz.

Chuck Bishop 04-10-2021 08:58 PM

My thanks to those who came out today. We had 26 shooters, down a little from normal but I blame Covid, lack of ammo, and dreary weather in the morning. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door but Mike shot well, he was high gun with a 89, rabbits weren't kind him! Lewis winners were Mike Koneski, Anthony Pilotti, Matt Kleinfelter, and Shane Hoover who beat his dad by 1 target! Wish I had gotten to speak to more guys but hopefully next time. My thanks to Blue Ridge for hosting us.

Randy G Roberts 04-10-2021 09:40 PM

Good stuff. Way to go Shane. Hey the kid can shoot. Pass along my congrats to him Stan. My condolences to you, he's gonna be hard to live with :rotf:

Bill Murphy 04-11-2021 06:25 AM

Sorry, I was sidelined by my second Pfizer Covid 19 shot which resulted in severe side effects and kept me down from Thursday at least until today, Sunday. I had promised Kevin and Chuck that I would attend, but it wasn't possible. My 32" 20 gauge was packed and ready. Sorry, guys. I was ready to compete with Mike's great shooting.

Bill Murphy 04-11-2021 06:31 AM

See you next year.

Steve Cambria 04-11-2021 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Chuck Bishop;331709] Koneski shot well, he was high gun with an 89, though rabbits weren't kind to him!

Thanks for the intel, your Eminence!

Cambo to Corona Light: Let's go with the 60-yard rabbit bounding between two hay bales for the third presentation at the Bo-Whoop. I'll pack an extra box of tissues for the sweat on Rock Mountain Man's brow!!

Attachment 95221

Daryl Corona 04-11-2021 08:45 AM

Well..... How about a rabbit launched across an opening, then into a trampoline which then is directed 180* back along a path constructed of decomposing mudbats?

Keep in mind that he will be eligible to shoot for score this year as he is not the coordinator any more. This level of pressure works against even the most accomplished athletes. Plus, he probably won't be shooting a Super Fox. :wink:

Chuck... Sorry I could'nt make it. Looks like you guys had a good time. Can't get Jere to shoot a SxS huh?

Mike Koneski 04-11-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 331709)
...... but Mike shot well, he was high gun with a 89, rabbits weren't kind him!

Rabbits?? 4 rabbit traps, 12 targets we had to shoot and I gave two of them away!! GEEZ!!! I think the 5 birds I gave away because of trying to finalize a gun deal on the phone were more of an issue with my concentration than a brain fart on two rabbits!! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

As always, it was a very fun day and a good time seeing all our SxS crew having fun. Soooooo looking forward to the Southern.

I just want to know why it was overcast, damp and 56 down at Blue Ridge and when I got back home, 130+ miles northeast we had sunny, clear and 72??

Mike Koneski 04-11-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts (Post 331713)
Good stuff. Way to go Shane. Hey the kid can shoot. Pass along my congrats to him Stan. My condolences to you, he's gonna be hard to live with :rotf:

Randy, and Shane is shooting like that with Ithaca Guns! Wait until Stan puts a Parker in his hands that fits him. :shock:

Frank Srebro 04-12-2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 331757)
Rabbits?? 4 rabbit traps, 12 targets we had to shoot and I gave two of them away!! GEEZ!!! I think the 5 birds I gave away because of trying to finalize a gun deal on the phone were more of an issue with my concentration than a brain fart on two rabbits!!

Man, that sounds like ya dunn good. HOA with 89 ex 100 and while negotiating by phone on a Parker. What was that about multi tasking? :bowdown: