Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Parker Order Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39256)

Bill Murphy 05-24-2023 12:28 PM

Making an "offer" is idiocy unless both parties are face to face and the books and the money are on site. Otherwise the offer is merely a free appraisal.

Chuck Bishop 05-24-2023 12:29 PM

John, have we told them we don't need to own them, just photograph them? We did tell the Remington Society that and they were receptive to that but they don't know what Remington intends to do with them at the present time.

Dean Romig 05-24-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keavin nelson (Post 389139)
While at the Southern I had a vendor ask me to look at a gun that wasn't on the table. Probably due to the Parker hat and vest badges, not that in impowers expertise! I am fairly certain it was an upgrade, and asked if he checked the book/site, he indicated no records available. It wore the familiar Delgrego colors. Perhaps the heart of the problem. But, let them that don't ask, have fond memories of not gotten any!:rolleyes:

Keavin, that is exactly the scenario I had alluded to in my previous post on this thread.

Andrew Sacco 05-24-2023 12:55 PM

There is one universal truth: EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE

Brian Dudley 05-24-2023 01:02 PM

The other universal truth is that eventually, everything is for sale.

The whole topic should be a reminder of how fortunate the PGCA and Parker enthusiasts are to have the records that they do. Other organizations have nothing or next to it.

Andrew Sacco 05-24-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 389151)
The other universal truth is that eventually, everything is for sale.

The whole topic should be a reminder of how fortunate the PGCA and Parker enthusiasts are to have the records that they do. Other organizations have nothing or next to it.

I belong to the Browning Collectors Association and it's pretty much a waste of $35 a year. There is little of substance, some ads, a few classified things for sale. The PGCA is hands down worth every cent due to the enthusiasm, history, records, knowledge and of course, PP magazine is second to none.

Harry Gietler 05-24-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 389152)
I belong to the Browning Collectors Association and it's pretty much a waste of $35 a year. There is little of substance, some ads, a few classified things for sale. The PGCA is hands down worth every cent due to the enthusiasm, history, records, knowledge and of course, PP magazine is second to none.

Andy, there is something that should be mentioned Here. 90% of BROWNING
GUYS are just making it along, the other 10% are well-well healed, you are in that group. Now 95% OF Parker GUYS are well-well Healed, the other 5% are just making it along, That' the group I am in (5%). Now where did I Hear the
P.G.C.A IS WELL HEALED? Oh, yes on this thread.

Harry

Andrew Sacco 05-24-2023 04:18 PM

Harry I get that, and you make a good point. But even with that said, it was meant not so much as a rip on the BGCA as much as a testament to how great the PGCA is. You've had some nice Brownings so I know you're a big fan. I just bought a 4 barrel Citori skeet set and I'm in love with it. I'm eyeballing a NIB Diana grade Superposed soon, not sure I can swing that one but that's one I would think is worth investing in (Broadway Trap he said..)

chris dawe 05-24-2023 07:22 PM

Why are these "other parties " so adamant that the pgca ,don't have access to these records?? ...that's the most childish crock of shit I ever heard tell of!

Bill Murphy 05-24-2023 10:02 PM

I don't understand Chuck's post. What is it that the Remington Society has that we want?