Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   More William Harnden Foster (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37343)

Bill Murphy 09-16-2022 08:38 PM

February 1924, another Parker cover to add to our collections. Good luck finding one.

Dean Romig 09-17-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 372027)
So, Dean, what year would that be?

I think around ‘53 - ‘59 or so.
Whan I was about 6 or 7 I remember looking out of my second floor bedroom window one early morning after a fresh overnight snowfall and seeing pheasant tracks all around a couple of the shocks but there were no pheasants in view. I quickly dressed in my outdoor clothes and mittens and went out and snuk up on the back side of a shock.
I got down on my hands and knees ans quietly snuk around and stuck my head and shoulders inside…

There was an explosion of 3 or 4 pheasants all trying to make their escape and one hen got inside of my jacket for a couple of seconds! What a great experience that was!

Garry L Gordon 09-17-2022 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 372047)
I think around ‘53 - ‘59 or so.
Whan I was about 6 or 7 I remember looking out of my second floor bedroom window one early morning after a fresh overnight snowfall and seeing pheasant tracks all around a couple of the shocks but there were no pheasants in view. I quickly dressed in my outdoor clothes and mittens and went out and snuk up on the back side of a shock.
I got down on my hands and knees ans quietly snuk around and stuck my head and shoulders inside…

There was an explosion of 3 or 4 pheasants all trying to make their escape and one hen got inside of my jacket for a couple of seconds! What a great experience that was!

Thank goodness urban sprawl and habitat destruction can't take away our memories of those special years.

Phil Yearout 09-17-2022 09:52 AM

If it hadn't been for feed shocking and pitching alfalfa and prairie hay bales I'da never had a dime growing up. Nowadays all the farmers out here bail their feed and their hay in those big round bails that takes a lift to move 'em. I don't know how kids make their spending money these days - probably trading cryptocurrency or something :).

Garry L Gordon 09-17-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Yearout (Post 372050)
If it hadn't been for feed shocking and pitching alfalfa and prairie hay bales I'da never had a dime growing up. Nowadays all the farmers out here bail their feed and their hay in those big round bails that takes a lift to move 'em. I don't know how kids make their spending money these days - probably trading cryptocurrency or something :).

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: