PDA

View Full Version : Parker history article

Richard Flanders
12-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm likely the last one to see this article. It's really good and a worthwhile read. Triggs brother Mark found it I think. Hmm... this link gets you to the arms collector website. Click their button in the upper left "for a full list of articles" then scroll down to find Louis Parker III article on the history of Parker in bulletin 90. Maybe this is what is in the Parker Story?

http://americansocietyofarmscollectors.org/booksbymembers.htm

Dean Romig
12-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Well, there is some great reading in the "arms collector website" and the article by Louis Parker III isn't exactly the same as TPS but certainly eclipses TPS. Some of the pictures are the same ones while others I have never seen before. A great reference - I saved it to my 'favorites' and will read it in it's entirety later.

Brian Dillard
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Great find Richard, thank you for sharing with us. Would love to have seen all five of the plants running in their hay-day.

Richard Flanders
12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks go to Trigg and Mark Davis, Parker owners both. I found it a very educational read and have saved the pdf in my computer. Can't say I've seen a better Parker history article than this one. Glad folks think it a worthwhile thread.

Dean Romig
12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Is the date of Louis Parker's article shown anywhere? Can we date it as to pre or post TPS?

Dave Suponski
12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Thank You All,For the heads up.I printed it and it will go into the Parker file cabinet.

Dean,The "Parker Story" is mentioned in the article.So I would think it was after publication.