PDA

View Full Version : First Blood

Rich Anderson
12-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Over the last two weekends I have enjoyed using a couple of guns to hunt with that I have just used on clays or not at all.

Last weekend while hunting with Rich Flanders, Dave Miles and Kurt Densmore the "Holywood" gun a GHE 16 skeet that has accounted for numerous clay targets brought down it's first and second Pheasants. While this gun is a pure joy to shoot clays with it's a tad heavy to me as a field gun. On this outing as I tired of carrying the Holywood gun I traded it for an 0 frame 16 hammer gun. This is a whole different element for me as I had never hunted with a hammer gun befor. I tried it with the hammers cocked and the gun open but prefered to carry it closed and to cock the hammers when I walked in on a point.

Today Gunner, Crazy Daisy, a VHE 20ga skeet gun and I went Pheasant hunting. Great teamwork from the dogs and the fast handeling VHE accounted for this guns first head of game a nice Rooster as it flushed from behind a small pine tree. This was the first time I have taken this gun out since I aquired it and it won't be the last.

Dean Romig
12-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I tired of carrying the Holywood gun I traded it for an 0 frame 16 hammer gun. This is a whole different element for me as I had never hunted with a hammer gun before.

Anderson, I have a couple of 16 ga. 0-frame hammer guns I would have traded for the "Hollywood Gun" . . . sheesh, I wish I'd known you had grown tired of that gun :banghead:

Dave Suponski
12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Good goin Rich, Congratulations.I bet that guns barrels will be kept warm more often...:rolleyes:

Dave Miles
12-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Anderson, I have a couple of 16 ga. 0-frame hammer guns I would have traded for the "Hollywood Gun" . . . sheesh, I wish I'd known you had grown tired of that gun :banghead:

Dean,

He didn't trade the Hollywood gun for the hammer gun.
He just put it in the truck and got the hammer gun out.
He had both guns with him on that hunt.

Dean Romig
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
oh. . .

. . . nevermind

Rich Anderson
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Dean,
Just so you can experience the magic of the "Holywood" gun you can shoot a few rounds of clays with it next year at Hausmanns:corn:

Dean Romig
12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks Rich - I'm honored to accept your offer.

Ahem . . . will you be making the drive again ?

How 'bout if I promise cookies? :rolleyes:

Rich Anderson
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes I'll be makeing the drive again. This time I'm hoping Dave Miles will be makeing the trip also.

Cookies are always good:).

Dean Romig
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Dave is great company - it's always fun to hang out with you guys.

Dave Suponski
12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I know I am.....:bigbye:

Dave Miles
12-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Well, if the good Lord's willing, and I don't run out of shells, I'll be at the Great Eastern SxS Shoot this June.

Rich Anderson
12-08-2009, 09:03 AM
By the willingness of the "Good Lord" are you referring to Patty? I doubt you will run out of shells...I know you have lots of hulls:duck: