PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to The Parker .410 At Auction post ?

James T. Kucaba
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Here we go again ! ... This is ONLY MY OPINION , so take it for what it's costing you ...

Deleting a post that announces the availability of a Parker .410 at some gun auction is at best, a big overreaction ...

I'm sure that whoever posted the announcement didn't intend to break the rules governing this PGCA website ... He was only trying to HELP the PGCA membership locate a highly coveted Parker .410 ...

How in God's name can the announcement some gun auction be interpreted as the offering of a gun for sale by anyone ? ...

As members of the PGCA, we're told that the BOD of the PGCA fears that the ATF and or the FBI will will come down on the PGCA for offering guns for sale without an Federal Firearms License ...

Well, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, the BOD of the PGCA probably wouldn't, interpret the announcement of some gun auction as the PGCA offering guns for sale without an FFL ...

And I'd bet the farm that EVEN the ATF and the FBI certainly wouldn't interpret the announcement of a some gun auction as the offering guns for sale by the PGCA either !

Unless, of course, the Obama Tribe has declared Marshall Law or has repealed our God given, First Amendment right of free speech while nobody was looking ! ...

So why in God's name was the post announcing a Parker 410 at some gun auction removed from the PGCA website ?

Respectfully ... Jim Kucaba ... ZriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

Kent Nickerson
11-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I asked John in advance if it was OK to post the notice about the 410...but after it was up a couple of days and had zero replies, comments....I figured I must have offended the group so I pulled it off. Check Charlton Hall Galleries.
December auction.

James T. Kucaba
11-24-2009, 03:43 AM
I asked John in advance if it was OK to post the notice about the 410...but after it was up a couple of days and had zero replies, comments....I figured I must have offended the group so I pulled it off. Check Charlton Hall Galleries.
December auction.

Kent ... I don't think anyone was "offended" ...We've been trying to get the PGCA Board of Directors to allow gun sales on this website (PGCA members only)for a long time ... But, so far, the PGCA Board has stuck to it's guns ... In spite of the fact that, like the PGCA, any number of big websites like Guns America and Guns International DON'T HAVE Federal Firearms Licenses either !

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

Bruce Day
11-24-2009, 07:44 AM
......a big overreaction ...

Couldn't be righter.

That may be the only thing you said that I agree with.

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Kent!!

I think the reason folks didn't answer your post is because they didn't want others to notice it, so we had the "inside line" on the bidding :) But now you've done it - I'll be bidding against at least Jim and Bruce.. :)

Dang...

Seriously - there is no problem at all posting up firearm at auctions and such, as I mentioned in my PM to you when you asked me if it was OK...

Kent - my best to you!

John

Bruce Day
11-24-2009, 08:44 AM
John, I'll bow out in your favor.

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Bruce - I don't think you have to bow out, as my maximum bid is less than my shoe size, for I'm saving up for a DH 20GA with 24" barrels, round knob grip, etc.. - but I'm unable to divulge who the present owner is.... ;)

John

Francis Morin
11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=John Dunkle;7806]Bruce - I don't think you have to bow out, as my maximum bid is less than my shoe size, for I'm saving up for a DH 20GA with 24" barrels, round knob grip, etc.. - but I'm unable to divulge who the present owner is.. John, I am sure a certain USAF Col (Ret'd?) might appreciate that fact- that has to be a very rare 20 bore with original 24" factory barrels- special order perhaps- I recently bought another older quality American Boxlock 20 gauge- with 26" barrels- 6 lbs. DT- beautiful balance- but I can't imagine anything shorter- on my 12's 28" is the minimum--wonder if Parker also produced any 28 and or .410 bores with factory order 24" barrels? And the supposed 28 gauge Trojans that Peter Johnson mentioned- any way of knowing if any of those scarce Parkers might have that 24" barrel length???:bowdown:

Dave Suponski
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Francis,We know of factory documented 24" 28 gaoge guns. I never looked for 24" .410's though.

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Not a Parker but it has 24" barrels and weights 4 1/2 lbs. Shot my first double on Grouse with it.

Bill

Bruce Day
11-24-2009, 09:45 AM
The back pages of Vol II TPS contain a table listing all known 24" guns.

Dean Romig
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Francis,We know of factory documented 24" 28 gauge guns.

:cool:

Bill Murphy
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
If there is a demand for a 24" .410, someone will probably have one at some auction house any day now.

Francis Morin
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Bill Bolyard;7813]Not a Parker but it has 24" barrels and weights 4 1/2 lbs. Shot my first double on Grouse with it. Thanks Bill- a 28 gauge hammer double?? What make and vintage, if you don't mind the ??-:cool:

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Francis,

It is a 1890 McNaughton with steel barrels that was reproofed in 2000. Chocked skeet and IC.

Bill

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Francis, here is a few more pics

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Last pic

John Davis
11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Just for the record, the decision of the BOD of the PGCA has nothing to do with the ATF, FBI, FFL, CIA, CDC, IRS, IRA, FHA, SBA, NSA, NBA, SEC, NFL, etc., etc., etc..........

Dave Suponski
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
John,Could you enlighten us? Maybe it would cease all the controversy...:)

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Come on folks, PLEASE????.....

http://parkerguns.org/images/notagain.jpg

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Come on folks, PLEASE????.....

http://parkerguns.org/images/roundandround.jpg

Eric Eis
11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Come on John this might be fun.......:corn:

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Come on John this might be fun.......:corn:Maybe for the rest of the folks.. BUT - whenever I see one of those threads - I want to wash my eyes out with this after reading all my PMs and e-mails:
http://parkerguns.org/images/eyebleach1hw0.jpg

Forrest Smith
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Ok BOD, inquiring minds want to know!

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Ok BOD, inquiring minds want to know!Search (http://parkerguns.org/forums/search.php)is your friend: CLICK HERE to Read John's post not so long ago......
(http://parkerguns.org/forums/showpost.php?p=6712&postcount=29)

I'd add links to all my posts on the subject, but frankly - even I've grown weary reading all the posts I've have posted about it - except for this post, which I will read (and probably edit ;) ).....

John

Eric Eis
11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Kind of funny how a post about an auction took a turn for the worst...:duck:

Dave Suponski
11-24-2009, 04:46 PM
John,I just read your link.That pretty much spells it out. Thank You for the link....:)

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Kind of funny how a post about an auction took a turn for the worst...:duck:
Yea - no good deed ever goes unpunished.. ;)

In fact - here are the crib notes....

1) Kent PMs me to ask if it's OK to let folks know.. I PM Kent "You bet!!!";

2) Kent posts his post...

3) No one replies to Kent's post...

4) Kent thinks he's done something wrong since no one answers - and EDITS his post...

5) Jim thinks there is a "plot against the CZAR" or something - and posts about the BATF, ATF, Interpol, whatever... All I know is it has NOTHING to do with WHY Kent edited his post...??

6) Many folks realize that a mistake was made - post back along OTHER lines of subject areas (great pics, Bill..!) - which I too enjoyed...

7) Much later - John posts refuting the original post - which brings back into play Jim's first post, which most folks have already bypassed, as this thread took on another subject...

8) Dave asks John to define the BOD view - which he did when this happened (AGAIN, for the "first time") this day (it's a daily event..)...

9) John (<--"me") starts getting e-mails and PMs - like I'm the one who posted Jim's or John's note...

10) I'm still getting PMs and e-mails - and again, like this AM, have to ADMIN yet ANOTHER thread...

11) Several folks keep posting back in THIS thread - so I'm STILL getting e-mail/PMs...

12)... Well - there is no twelve. But, it's only late afternoon.... Ever seen a good deed "gone bad"?

Start reading this thread from page #1 - post #1......

There - those are the crib notes from just this thread.. :eek:

Want me to document the others over JUST THE LAST FEW WEEKS??? :shock:

:banghead:

:rotf:

Carry on......

John

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Guy's,

I posted a non Parker in a Parker thread trying to throw you all off. I thought you guys would at least reprimand me!:nono: I could see the obvious direction this thread was headed for.:banghead: John, Sorry I tried.

Bill

Dave Suponski
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
OK..To get somewhat back on track here.I just checked Volume 2 of "The Parker Story" and there are 26 28 gauge guns listed with 24" barrels.That number kinda amazed me..:eek: And there are exactly 0 .410's with 24" barrels in fact anything other than 26" barrels is pretty rare in .410

Lets stay here for awhile...OK?

James T. Kucaba
11-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Not a Parker but it has 24" barrels and weights 4 1/2 lbs. Shot my first double on Grouse with it.

Bill

Bill ... Parker or not, that's a great looking hammer gun ... Who made it, and please post a few more pictures.

James T. Kucaba
11-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Kent!!

I think the reason folks didn't answer your post is because they didn't want others to notice it, so we had the "inside line" on the bidding :) But now you've done it - I'll be bidding against at least Jim and Bruce.. :)

Dang...

Seriously - there is no problem at all posting up firearm at auctions and such, as I mentioned in my PM to you when you asked me if it was OK...

Kent - my best to you!

John

You can COUNT ME OUT! ... The selling price would be way beyond my ability to pay.

Rich Anderson
11-24-2009, 05:47 PM
John you can bid on the 410 as Bruce isn't a small bore fan.

As far as allowing us to post guns for sale....wouldn't it be easier to just allow it?:duck:

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 06:09 PM
John you can bid on the 410 as Bruce isn't a small bore fan.....

Well - given what I do on this site, in threads like this - I expect Bruce and others should BUY me that 410 as "combat pay" :) Well - that's what I think, anyway.. :eek:
....As far as allowing us to post guns for sale....wouldn't it be easier to just allow it?........
http://parkerguns.org/images/bunny.jpg

;)

How's the hunting season coming for you? Haven't seen too much in the hunting forum from you - so you better post up there what you've been up to...!!!

Best to you Rich!

John

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
..... John, Sorry I tried.
http://parkerguns.org/images/TryTryAgain.jpg

Russ Jackson
11-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Good job Dave ,Are the Remington 410's in that # also ?

Lee St.Clair
11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
'John',
Where do I get a copy of that book?

Bill Murphy
11-24-2009, 07:18 PM
After reading John's post and the related history of recent other posts, I get the impression that we can inform other posters, by word or link, of the availability of Parkers for auction. I am less sure that we can inform members of Parkers for sale by individuals or dealers. For instance, can we post "Charleton has a .410 in their December auction."? Can we post "Jack Puglisi has a bunch of eight gauges on his website."?

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
John,

All the profits from my new book will go to support orphaned A1, BHE, CHE, DHE, VHE's and members of the PCGA that are afflicted with the dreaded "one is not enough Diseases". You do look very dapper on the cover.

Bill

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
After reading John's post and the related history of recent other posts, I get the impression that we can inform other posters, by word or link, of the availability of Parkers for auction. I am less sure that we can inform members of Parkers for sale by individuals or dealers. For instance, can we post "Charleton has a .410 in their December auction."? Can we post "Jack Puglisi has a bunch of eight gauges on his website."?I'll probably go back to "lurk mode" after this post - but Bill has it exactly right - but as well, I'll take it a step further with:

Can we inform other posters, by word or link, of the availability of Parkers for auction? My opinion as the Admin: Yes....

Can we inform members of Parkers for sale by individuals or dealers. My opinion as the Admin: Yes....

Can we post "Charleton has a .410 in their December auction."? My opinion as the Admin: Yes....

Can we post "Jack Puglisi has a bunch of eight gauges on his website." My opinion as the Admin: Yes....

The *only thing I ask* is this (not directed to Bill - but to all).... Please, remember that I'm "Switzerland" in all this - and if I ask you to "tone down" anyone's critique of ANYTHING for sale - that you please respect where I am coming from, OK? As many of you know - if I have an issue with one of your posts, you'll know privately. What I don't want to see is "pig piling" on a new Member or a new site visitor or a dealer or.. well, whatever.?

While I've been accused recently of posting "polite BS" - I don't believe being polite in any post is ever BS - just the way I was raised and taught, as it were. I rather - believe - we are responsible for our actions and our posts - both individually and collectively.

So - Bill, the answer is "yes"... Please do post them up, OK?

As for Lee's reply - still looking for a publisher ;)

And to Bolyard - I think I have that exact disease.. PLEASE FAX ME SOME MONEY for the cure.. Good news is - that little 410 is only a VHE and Bruce will be doing the bidding/buying/paying for me....

Carry on,

John

James T. Kucaba
11-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Just for the record, the decision of the BOD of the PGCA has nothing to do with the ATF, FBI, FFL, CIA, CDC, IRS, IRA, FHA, SBA, NSA, NBA, SEC, NFL, etc., etc., etc..........

John ... That's NOT what I was told PGCA members who've been in the PGCA forever ... And in fact the story about the BOD fearing a BATF or FBI coming down on the PGCA has appeared on this website many times.

If you have knowledge of the BOD having another reason for not selling guns on this website, we'd all like to hear it. like to hear it

Bill Bolyard
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
John ... That's NOT what I was told PGCA members who've been in the PGCA forever ... And in fact the story about the BOD fearing a BATF or FBI coming down on the PGCA has appeared on this website many times.

If you have knowledge of the BOD having another reason for not selling guns on this website, we'd all like to hear it. like to hear it

Mr Dunkle,

Since its not velocity your looking for at close range, I suggest you use a 45acp with 240 gr. hollow point.

Bill

Dave Suponski
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
:banghead:

Josh Loewensteiner
11-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Gents-

I am on the PGCA BOD. First thing's first- I am neither old nor crotchety!

Secondly - I've been patiently watching the discussion on selling guns on the website. I have, in the past, been ardently opposed to selling guns on the website because I have seen the end result of transactions gone awry. I am acutely aware of the subsequent hard feelings that come about in these scenarios. This can be potentially counterproductive and even destructive to the long term goals of our organization.

I welcome all and any PM's to discuss the issue. I would also like to welcome all PM's and emails where you can suggest ways we can have a guns for sale section on our website and do it in a way that eliminates all of the potential pitfalls. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best regards and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Sincerely
Josh Loewensteiner
joshloew@yahoo.com

Bruce Day
11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
John Dunkle, you should know the futility of trying to confuse some people with facts.

I have a suggestion:

Get the hell out of there, grab your gun and come to Kansas for some quality wild pheasant and quail hunting and stay away from your computer. We don't have cell or internet connection at the cabin on the creek.

In the meantime, consider this again:

Francis Morin
11-25-2009, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=Bruce Day;7913]John Dunkle, you should know the futility of trying to confuse some people with facts.

I have a suggestion:

Get the hell out of there, grab your gun and come to Kansas for some quality wild pheasant and quail hunting and stay away from your computer. We don't have cell or internet connection at the cabin on the creek.

In the meantime, consider this again:But i'd guess whomever is shooting that wheelgun with the solid two handed hold is a better than fair shot- Would I be right??:rolleyes:

Bruce Day
11-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Francis, that is Dunkle, but Charlie Herzog is almost as good a shot.

(Edited by John D. ;) )

Bruce Day
11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Josh Loewensteiner;7910]Gents-

First thing's first- I am neither old nor crotchety!

Josh, give it a year or two.

Bill Bolyard
11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Josh Loewensteiner;7910]Gents-

First thing's first- I am neither old nor crotchety!

Josh, give it a year or two.

That's right Josh just look at what Bruce has done to Dunkle and Herzog:shock:

Bolyard

Bruce Day
11-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Easy Bill, we wouldn't want to be accused of not giving this whole thread the seriousness it deserves, or lack thereof.

John Dunkle
11-25-2009, 03:38 PM
That's right Josh just look at what Bruce has done to Dunkle and Herzog... That's true.. Charlie used to be normal. I never was.

And in deference to Bruce's reply - yes, I'm serious.... ;)

JD

Bill Bolyard
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Easy Bill, we wouldn't want to be accused of not giving this whole thread the seriousness it deserves, or lack thereof.

Bruce,

Is there a full moon? That's the only way I can explain this thread, Calling poor Josh Old and Crotchety had to be a joke. Which part should be taken seriously? :corn:

Dunkle, I am bringing my Kimber 45 to Kansas, just i case:duck:.

Bolyard

Francis Morin
11-25-2009, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Bruce Day;7915]Francis, that is Dunkle, but Charlie Herzog is almost as good a shot.

[I][B](Edited by John D. ;) )I just saw Charlie Herzog pictured in Parker Pages--page 29- holding a sweet Parker hammer 20 gauge in a maybe September cornfield- I always wondered what Harold Money- of the "Shootinist Gent'man" of Nash Buckingham's day might have looked like- with the greying moustache and the "gunner's eyes" and now I think I have an idea-so no surprise to hear that he's a good with a Colt wheelgun as with a parker- did he bring that D hammer 20 bore out for your SD trip? What a fine gun indeed-Thanks for the clarification--:cool:

Bruce Day
11-25-2009, 04:01 PM
The full moon is tonight. It will only get worse.

This thread can be archived in the PGCA Great Plains Records Depository.

Dean Romig
11-25-2009, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE.
In the meantime, consider this again:But i'd guess whomever is shooting that wheelgun with the solid two handed hold is a better than fair shot- Would I be right??:rolleyes:

Actually Francis, when Joun shoots that thing with only one hand it spins him around (he's kinda light) and he gets dizzy . . . so he has learned to use a firm two-hand grip and now he simply tips over backwards. :rotf: