PDA

View Full Version : Looking for easy fix for low drop at heal?

Kenny Graft
11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I have seen a black overlay of soft rubber about 1/4" thick. Maybe called bore hide? where can I get that stuff? Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Harry Collins
11-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Kenny,

www.connecticutshotgun.com and look under Galazan Products then go to Shooting Accessories...

Harry

John Truitt
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Mr. Graft,
Google southwest shooters supply. They have several comb risers to choose from. I have ordered several and use them on many of my parkers. They range from 1/8" parallel to some 3/4". Many different sizes to choose from. I think they are about $25 each. They are located in Arizona and it takes 8 days from order time to delivery at my house in Va.
Good luck,
John

John Truitt
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
try this
www.swshotguns.com/html/accessories_html.html

good luck.

Ed Blake
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Kenny - Here's another: www.accru-riser.com
The pad is strap-on, but a neoprene backing secures it to the stock.

Dave Miles
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Cardboard and duct tape work well also. :rolleyes:

Chris Travinski
11-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Or a scrap of wood and a couple drywall screws! I bought one from BassPro Shops that had a few different thickness pads that went under a spandex-like cover. Easy on, easy off and it has some adjustment.

Bill Murphy
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Beretta has been selling a stick on comb riser that is transparent and lets the color and figure of the wood show through. I haven't bought any yet, but have seen them on guns. They are very nice.

Dean Romig
11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I got mine from www.classicusc.com our friends Albert and Laura at Classic Upland Supply.

Rich Anderson
11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Kenny I bought the foam comb risers from Galazan for somewhere around $10 plus shipping which was another $10:crying:

If you want to try them I'll send them to you.

Kenny Graft
11-25-2009, 07:45 AM
I have been collecting and shooting the Parker repro's and they have about 2 3/16 drop and are stocked rather high. Thats O.K. if all your guns are the same! Now my original Parkers that have more than 2.5" drop give me trouble as I mount them tight, with cheak hard against the stock and see the top of the receiver instead of the rib and bead. Im going to try the D&E comb pad from classic upland gear on my GHE 16 as it is only 1/4" or less low. The Fox guns have 2 7/8-3" drop at the heal and may need additional hight? For them when I have nothing better to do I will mill out a stick of walnut,flute it to fit the comb and hand fit for hight and use a strip of automotive two way tape....if the tape is inleted properly I will have a seamless fit that can be removed with a heat gun with little or no damage to the stock and will look very nice. I love the look of a original Hi quality gun, anything added that looks ugly will not work for me....to fussy...Kinda like wanting all your teeth to match and be the same color. Thanks all, very helpfull finding the product I wanted. Also found Russel boots at Classic....That post about them boots hooked me! Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-: HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!!

C Roger Giles
11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Do the Roger Coger thing and tape layers of cardboard to the stock. Easy to tweak the proper drop in just minutes and cardboard is a cost efective and readly avaible from all kinds of sources. Also cardboard does not displace the guns originality thus lowering its value.

Rog