PDA

View Full Version : Sporting clays model ?

Kenny Graft
12-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Im looking at a 12ga.- 28" with winchester choke tubes x 5 and T handle tool, the gun is marked DHE on the water table. My question: is this correct for a sprting clays model or should it have SCC prefix on the water table? Seller does not know. Anyone have one to look at? If this is a sporting clays model I will buy it, I have it on hold.....thanks all SXS ohio

Greg Baehman
12-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Kenny, the only indications that it is an authentic Sporting Clays Classic is the gun will be stamped on the barrel flats ISC--which stands for Internal Screw Choke and the muzzles will be flared slightly to accomodate the screw-in chokes of that time period when they were manufactured. SCC's were originally furnished with 6 choke tubes--2 SK, IC, M, IM and F.

Kenny Graft
12-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Big thanks.....I will ask the seller. This gun has had the plate removed and pad installed, single trigger gun, has only 5 tubes that I can see in the picks, repaird crack in front of beaver tail, SG, cased, Paying 2K, I think the barrels would be worth 2K or close. Just sold a set of 26" 28ga barrels for 2K....(-: I have had good luck swaping barrels from one frame to one with DT with no issues. Wish me luck again!!! SXS ohio

Bill Murphy
12-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Two grand, I think I would go for it.

Kenny Graft
12-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Done.....Will have it 8 days.....Barrels are stamped ISC........ (-:

John Dallas
12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Unless it has been used a boat anchor, it sounds like you stole one. Congrats!

Greg Baehman
12-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Good for you Kenny!

If you find that you're short one of the Winchester Winchoke "invisible" Choke Tubes they are easily obtainable from a number of sources. Just make sure you order the flush fitting "3rd Style". In addition to the originally furnished choke tubes I mentioned above, Cyl and XF are also available, which I purchased through Chris Showler of Double Eagle Trading Co. for my SCC.
http://doublegunshop.com/showler.htm
Scroll down to the 2nd to last paragraph.

When you get your new-to-you SCC, please post some pics and measure the chambers and report back. It'll probably be roll stamped 12 GAUGE 2 3/4" on the left barrel, but there's a strong possibility that they'll actually measure 3".

Kenny Graft
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Its not a bad gun...has light use. A pad was installed to help stop operators shoulder discomfort from the checkered and steel but plate ...)-: This was listed on gun broker with a buy now of 2150.00 but he did not list it as a sporting clays model or show anything to confirm what it was. I had to dig it out for my self. GB= 319096039 it still can be viewed...... I should have it later next week. I hope to install the barrels on to my double trigger repro with no fitting or modification. Lots of the repro's will do this with no trouble. My steel shot barrels from a other gun drop right onto my DT frame and both forends work!, one is splinter and the other is a beaver tail,,,,sweet.........SXS ohio

Kenny Graft
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Wild skies....I posted the aution number on previos post to this one ...maybe you can still pull it up and see a couple pictures posted. Tell me what you think?, I feel it was a good deal. I will order additional chokes. Thanks everyone for your input.....SXS ohio

Greg Baehman
12-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah Kenny we were typing at the same time.

The gun looks good---make that great considering the price you paid. And great detective work in sniffing this one out! :bowdown:
I see it is marked 12 GAUGE 2 3/4"---please measure the chambers after you get it. All, but one, of the SCC's I've come across have actually measured 3"...despite being stamped 2 3/4". (All literature and brochures that I've seen also state the SCC's were furnished with 3" chambers.) You mentioned above that it has a SG, however; it appears to be a PG.

Rex Northen
12-09-2012, 12:34 AM
$2000!? The market just doesn't seem to appreciate these guns. Wonder where the bottom is? I have seen several 20's in the $3000 range and they aren't moving fast...

The good thing is that we can shoot the value out of them!

Eric Eis
12-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Kenny I think you stole the gun....Barrels are worth that !

Kenny Graft
12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Yup,,,I did get lucky...(-: Im always watching

Bill Murphy
12-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Our friend ed1 dropped out at $1111.00. I guess we know where Ed is coming from. What a great gun at a great price. This is not a sign of the Repro market. This is a sign of buyers not paying attention. The forearm is worth a grand. The stock is worth more than that. Sit in that chair and pay attention.

Greg Baehman
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM
What a great gun at a great price. This is not a sign of the Repro market. This is a sign of buyers not paying attention. The forearm is worth a grand. The stock is worth more than that. Sit in that chair and pay attention.
That's all spot on. An uninformed seller can work to your advantage, too.

Kenny Graft
12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
The seller did not seem to care that I told him...if this gun is a factory set its a sporting clays special. I asked about the marking on the frame....Its marked DHE 3 that did not help me confirm what it was. Thats when he offered to sell it to me for 2K and that he had to pay the owner 1800.00 and he was happy at that. I aked him if he wold hold it till I did some checking on the gun. Thats when I asked on this thread how to identify these guns, I thought they had SSC on the frame. I never paid mutch attention to this model becouse of the asking prices we see for them. With the new info I called him back and confirmed it was infact a ISC model and rather scarce gun and that I would buy it...the rest is history as they say... I think the made 125 set of these???...did I read that?

Greg Baehman
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, only 125 Sporting Clays Classic models are reported to have been built. Here's a link on the All Albums "Modern Parker Paper" section of this site to an early article written by Gene Hill about the then new SCC.
http://parkerguns.org/forums/album.php?albumid=99&pictureid=978
When you get to the bottom of the 1st page, click on "Previous Picture" as the two pages of the article are not in order.

Rex Northen
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Our friend ed1 dropped out at $1111.00. I guess we know where Ed is coming from. What a great gun at a great price. This is not a sign of the Repro market. This is a sign of buyers not paying attention. The forearm is worth a grand. The stock is worth more than that. Sit in that chair and pay attention.

I have been paying attention. You don't have to convince me that the quality is worth more than the price - I own repros. And this gun may be an anomaly in the market, but I've seen more sub $3000 repros in the last year (some of them DT) than I saw in the previous three years combined - while the economy has improved. You may have more data points than I do (in fact you probably do), but in my view the market seems pretty soft.

Bill Murphy
12-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes, the market is soft, but this particular sale has nothing to do with a soft market. It has to do with someone who wanted to get rid of a gun, at any price. It happens all the time.

tom tutwiler
12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Was this the gun that didn't hit the reserve on GB? Believe the following was the link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=319096039

Kenny Graft
12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Thats the one....thanks for linking it over...SXS ohio

tom tutwiler
12-10-2012, 08:25 AM
It was on my watch list. If I hadn't lost my little duck hunting place local I would have bought it. Just the ticket for decoying mallards.

Donovan Kirkpatrick
12-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Now we know where three of the 125 are. Wonder where the rest are and if they are used regularly.

Kenny Graft
01-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I have not received the gun as yet. Due to the conn. shooting, pending fears of bans all gun shops have been mobed with buyers, Add two hollidays......)-: The seller told me about all these isues, The good news its on the way as of last friday. It should arrive in a couple days or so...(-: Im thinking of having Brad Bachelder redo this one wood and metal add a 2nd trigger and replace the skelital plate that was hacked off. This may work, adding a 2nd trigger will add to the lenth of pull. I hope there is wood lenth to do this. If so I will need the plate,screws and insert if anyone has these items availible for me to buy? I would like the original parts but old Parker parts would work too. Thanks all SXS ohio.................

Kenny Graft
01-02-2013, 08:42 PM
My new to me sporting clays classic arrived today...Its pretty nice condition, better than the pictures show. They did a nice job installing the pad, a pro job. Chambers are 3" The great thing is the barrels go right on my double trigger set and both for ends fit perfect, the original splinter forend or the beaver tail. This is so great that the barrels swap on to the double trigger frame. Double trigger 12-s are scarce and finding a steel shot or sporting clays model with double triggers is close to imposible. This frame will take barrels form my steel shot special and this sporting clays guns that are single trigger guns, they snap right on and the lever is right were it belongs when closed and I can use either type forend...sweet! This is a keeper set for sure. SXS ohio....(-:

charlie cleveland
01-02-2013, 10:30 PM
man you truly have bought a keeper...your a lucky man.... charlie