PDA

View Full Version : Deer Season 2009

Bill Bolyard
11-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Deer season has been real slow here in northern Michigan. So slow in fact that I was up to my old tricks. We have a Member who is a Doctor that I have hunted with all my life. When he was 15 years old my Dad purchased a concrete deer and coaxed the young man into shooting it, after the first shot my Dad said "shoot it again it's moving", but the boy said " he's dead on his feet. Now how many times do you think you could trick the good Doctor who, by the way is on staff at U of M? How about 4 times! 5 years ago after he screamed "you have ruined my reputation", and you will never get me again! I said, "You wanna bet" He said "$500" Now you just got to let things cool down for about five or so years before you try to trick the poor fellow again. So this year as I was shopping in Jay's sporting goods when I spotted Harry the deer. They had him on sale for $179, which after the pay off I would net $321. I set the target up around 100 yards away without the legs to look like a bedded buck, and made sure the neck was behind a small tree so he did not see the seam. In a gentle breeze Harry's head moves from side to side. The poor Doctor saw the head moving and that's all it took, His Model 70 roared, and I was right there to catch the action on video. I would post it but the language was a bit on the salty side not fit for women, Children or the faint at heart. So you guys are just going to have to enjoy the still picture.

Bill

Bruce Day
11-21-2009, 12:43 PM
So Bill, you are coming out to the prairies to hunt with us in a couple weeks..............

Bill Bolyard
11-21-2009, 01:03 PM
So Bill, you are coming out to the prairies to hunt with us in a couple weeks..............

Bruce,

Are you having a senior moment? I already committed to you over the phone. But yes most definitely I will be there.

Bill

james van blaricum
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Bill: Watch out, you will be open season for some western ks, high jenks.