PDA

View Full Version : Kansas long tail....

Kenny Graft
11-30-2012, 03:31 PM
We just finished our 6 days of bird hunting....It was a tuff year few birds and hot and dry. We saw birds every day but they are veterns, smart as they come! My repro 16 did its job when called.......SXS ohio

Paul Plager
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Thats one heck of a tail.:eek:
Hang that sucker on the wall.
Nice shooting.

charlie cleveland
11-30-2012, 05:40 PM
what beauties these are..big rascals too... charlie

Paul Ehlers
11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice bird for sure. Even nicer to finally be able to put a face to the name & personality.

Only question unanswered is: where's the gun?

Great job Kenny good to hear from you. :bigbye:

Paul

Brian Stucker
11-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Awesome bird. Good picture.

Kenny Graft
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
With so mutch gear...it was cased up before getting to the photo ops...(-: This is big county and all the stuff I carry....bottle water for pup..large first aid fanny pack, collar controller, ammo in both pockets, enmergentcy gun cleaning rod plus misl. and the list go-s on...........

Brian Stucker
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I went out for ducks this morning. Calls, layers of clothes, stupid rain coat that isn't, myriad shot sizes, and last but not least.....a quad that failed half way to the blind. Wonder what it would be like to simplify? Kenny, totally feeling your situation.

Russ Jackson
12-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Kenny ,That's a Beautiful Pheasant ! Will you get him mounted ? I often wonder how hunting got so complex ,when we were kids " Younger " ,we took the " DOG " and a GUN and a handful of shells ,usually mixed Brands and Shot Size ,no expensive collars ,no first aid kits ,GPS Units ,Cell Phones ,Extra Vest ,Extra Jacket ,Dog Nutritional Bars,extra gun in case of problems or a different gauge in case they are flushing wild , etc.etc.etc. ! I decided this year to try and go back to the simpler ways of doing this and enjoyed myself much more each time out ! Best ; Russ

Kenny Graft
12-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I can no longer go out my back door for birds....they are long gone from ohio fields. When you have to drive 1200 miles and all on your own at times you gotta cover the bases. We can be a mile from the truck or even a deserted road. I wish I would have kept that bird to mount but have three pheasant mounts now.....I kept the tail and its a dandee........SXs ohio

Paul Plager
12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Can you ever have to many?