PDA

View Full Version : For Dave S.....

John Dunkle
11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey Dave,

As promised, I told you I'd post pics from this afternoons outing for you - with Briahana and the Parker DH 20 GA - *if* I got anything... Seems we did get a few things. It was a perfect fall day, a little warmer than I expected - but simply outstanding...

As well, it was great to talk to you - and after the past day or two on the forum, I enjoyed immensely my time with my dogs, Jen, my Parker - and away from the computer, phone, e-mail and work.... I guess we should all try to that more often...

John

Dean Romig
11-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey John, I'd appreciate it if you would try to refrain from laying my gun on the ground like that :crying:

Dave Suponski
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey John,Thanks for the pictures...I think! Brihanna looks like a happy little girl....I didn,t know that sweet little 20 had a round knob grip. Oh soo sexy..

Bill Bolyard
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey John, I'd appreciate it if you would try to refrain from laying my gun on the ground like that :crying:

John,

I thought you knew better then treat your friends guns so poorly!:nono:

Bill

John Dunkle
11-19-2009, 07:06 PM
;)

Dean - I am so sorry - but, I think that's Scott's Parker? I can't remember...? I think he was set to trade me his Remington 870 for it, tho'?? Anyway - it really wasn't on the ground per say as I stuck a couple of rocks under the wood and the barrels to hold it a bit off the ground for the pics.................

:shock:

Dave - you may be thinking of one of my other 20 GA Parkers? All of those have the standard PG..?? As for Brie - she did SO WELL TODAY!!! We would have had four birds, but the last one she popped (by mistake I think). I don't know if she was too close on point or the bird moved - so I passed on the shot. I wish I were closer when she was holding to know what happened?

And Bill - good news is I have no friends.. Bad news is - I have no friends who would lend me their Parkers (I tried - see Bruce's thread about his little 20GA DH.. ;) )...

;)

Best to all!

John

scott kittredge
11-21-2009, 04:33 PM
hey Dean, that IS my parker!!! john any thing out of my rack but not my 870. scott

Dean Romig
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
My-my, that little gun has been on loan to John for quite some time :cool:

John Dunkle
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Actually - with so many "claiming" ownership, we could always appoint it as the PGCA Member Club Gun.. Once a year - it get's rotated to the next Member...??

And....

If you believe that - I have a bridge to sell you...

;)

:cheers:

John

Dean Romig
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks, I own enough bridges already . . . :rolleyes:

Dave Suponski
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I got one or two to send your way if ya need em......:banghead:

Rich Anderson
11-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I'll raise the offer of the 870 by two Mossbergs and an Iver Johnson.

John Dunkle
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Well - tell me about the Mossbergs and the Iver Johnson..?? You well could have the "highest offer"....

;)

Best to you Rich!

John

Rich Anderson
11-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Both are vent rib one has fixed chokes the other has screw in chokes by Briley. One is stocked in Circassian Plastic in a rich earthy tone with swirls of a reddish polymere of unknown origin. The other is stocked in a dense leafy green camo pattern carved out of a pressure treated telephone pole. I'm told the original owner used this as his Turkey gun. This is also equipped with a release trigger.

The Iver Johnson is a true western Pheasant gun and is a 10ga with 30 inch extra full choke for those long shots on the windy praries of Kansas and Nebraska. It comes with an extra "Grouse" barrel for the tight close encounters of the Ruffed grouse and the long billed worm eater the Woodcock. This is a single trigger ejector gun with a checkered butt.

I await the arrival of the Parker....all guns shipped direct to purchaser...This is America:bigbye: