PDA

View Full Version : 28 gauge thread

Forrest Smith
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
In the locked thread it was mentioned the gun in question was for sale somewhere, anyone know where?

This archaic no guns for sale stuff is getting ridiculous, 80% of the: "I just inherited grandpa's old double and want to know what its worth" are flat out ads for guns! I know from experience that half of you who are bitching about these "ads" are PM'ing these folks and making offers. Notably dealers/traders who want to have a sweet spot in the Parker Forum to buy, and then mark up! All the while limiting access to decent buyers and allowing the trollers to get a fair price for their "heirlooms". The sun should shine on this and get it all out in the open.

...nominate a BOD who'll support it!

Best format would be a no-reply section where ads can be placed with personal contact info, or PM replies only. I don't see what the big deal is?:corn::bigbye:

Robert Rzepiela
11-18-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=167705&page=1#Post167705

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
That was posted on DoubleGun ONLY WELL AFTER he was "run off" this site.

And yes, I chose the words in this post carefully.

John

Forrest Smith
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Run off, hey thats the spirt of an organization of collectors who are "dedicated to the study of the history of the Charles Parker Company and especially of the guns made by the company".

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
And you and I are in "violent agreement".....

More to follow - you can count on it - as I am ripping right now...

By the way - for "reference" and with Dean's permission - I set up a photo gallery of his 28 GA - which, if you collect Parkers, or care about Parkers - would do folks well to study. It was his intention this AM, before several decided to "run him out of town"...

How do I know?

I got off my a$$ and dialed the phone and called him - to APOLOGIZE for the conduct of the PGCA Forum.

I'm sick of doing that: apologizing for others.

Well said, Forrest.

:cheers:

John

And oh - the link? It's on one of my many NOT PGCA sites:

http://reutterwerk.com/gallery2/main.php/v/28/

Robert Delk
11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, I guess if people are going to "war" over a gun ,that 28 DHE is certainly one to go to "war" over. Sure would like to see the factory letter on that one.

Destry L. Hoffard
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Apparently the guy wants all his info for free, he's unwilling to spend a few bucks and find out if it's a straight up gun or not.

DLH

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Doesn't really matter, does it? Any information that we could have supplied - nor rather - anything we "MIGHT" have learned from that Parker - is probably off this site. Why?

Well - because a few folks decided "that" for us when they caused him to leave this Forum by flaming him - in public and in private.

Flaming folks is easy... Really easy... We do that from a "keyboard" - behind a "computer screen".

The true test of "integrity" is having the professionalism of picking up the phone or having the common courtesy of being a gentleman and POLITELY informing folks of the Forum guidelines.

"We" missed that mark, folks. Well - maybe not "we" - as I didn't see any of you right there with "me" when I was apologizing for the conduct of this forum. Of course, it wasn't "me" that flamed him in public or private. But - what the heck - "John will fix it".

Nicely done (<---Insert an amazing amount of cynicism)

Carry on...

Or not.

John

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Apparently the guy wants all his info for free, he's unwilling to spend a few bucks and find out if it's a straight up gun or not.

DLH

I'll call that one...

You are so way off base - you have no idea...

What did the owner tell you when you called him? Or - rather - did you call him?

Want to be the owner/admin of this site? Great - it's all yours. You figure it out. When you do - you can, too - be "responsible for your actions" - and the actions of others..

John

Dean Brevit
11-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Parker Research Letter, form and check are in the mail box, Mr Conrad should have it this weekend.

Regards,
Dean

We need to all get along

Robert Delk
11-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I would think that anyone with a Parker,or interested in same, would be welcome with open arms no matter what his interest or motives for same. I mean,after all, it's going to result in more knowledge about our favorite shotgun. Right? Should we really care about someone's motives if we end up learning something that might serve us well down road? Maybe,there is another A1 stock on a lower grade gun and it is all original and now we have a pretty good idea that such is possible!

Destry L. Hoffard
11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Then let's have a for sale section and we won't have any of this bullsh*t anymore. I'm all for it!!!! But of course, it takes the life members to actually vote on such things, which I am not. This is my absolute last word on the topic, I'm voluntarily off the forum for two weeks as a cooling off period. I will post only in the hunting forum and only about hunting related topics. I'm not taking my toys and going home, I'm just out of the drama for awhile.

Destry

Robert Delk
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey, how about a section that just lists Parkers actually sold and prices realized with notes as to condition and other pertinent info for those that want a dollar figure to compare to or a link to same. I realize that it would be a lot of work

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
....We need to all get along

You have that *exactly* right....

After chatting with you on the phone this afternoon, you Sir have both my respect and thanks for posting back...

In fact - I'll go one further...

In public, I apologize for the rather shoddy way you were treated on this Forum by some of it's members. It is not right, nor is it what the Parker Gun Collectors Association is, or should be all about.

Tomorrow, I will send a check in your name to become a PGCA Member.

That - is what it is all about....

John

Dean Brevit
11-18-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.rwmcgee.com/wmp/images/CR_Cup/index.html

Hi all, change of pace this is what I'm about, the above link was shot at my place this past June.

Regards,
Dean

Let me know what you think (maybe I should not say that)

The sepia tint was what I wanted, in case people don't like it.

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.rwmcgee.com/wmp/images/CR_Cup/index.html

Let me know what you think....

Obviously - there are FAR too many LC Smith shooters in those pictures....

And the steaks look a tad overdone for my taste... :)

And - are those Winchester model 21s?? Do folks collect Winchester 21s?...

And that's only in the first dozen pics.. I reserve the right to make further comments as I weed through them....

;)

John

Dean Brevit
11-18-2009, 07:00 PM
This was the Smith V Parker group

Dean

Bruce Day
11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
John's secret wish.

John Dunkle
11-18-2009, 07:55 PM
John's secret wish.

:rotf:
________ :rotf:
___________________ :rotf:

HAH!!! Yep - after a wonderful week in S.D. - you know me way too well...

(BTW - not to worry for the rest of you.. I missed the tractor I was aiming at in Bruce's pic as well....)

;)

Best to you, Bruce!

John

Chris Travinski
11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
John, you really are a stand up guy. Dean, glad your happy. For future posters, you don't have to say "gun for sale" to get PM's, be sublte and :duck:they will come on their own.

Dean Romig
11-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Dean, great pictures of your Elsie vs. Parker shoot. I recognize some shooters there who we are proud to call 'friends' of the PGCA and the entire brotherhood of SXS shooters. Looks like you run a real 'class operation' down there. I, for one, am glad you didn't allow yourself to get "run off" this forum. It's nice to meet you and good to know you. Welcome.

John, what's the blood on your chaps all about - you shoot yourself again??

John Dunkle
11-19-2009, 08:22 AM
...John, what's the blood on your chaps all about - you shoot yourself again?? Nawww - cut myself shaving with a briar-bush (I was told by Bruce & Charlie that's the way they shave in the "West" - so I believed them - gave it a try - bled like a stuck pig?)...

Naw - seriously, I was hunting without a game vest and a fezzant flew into a bunch of #6 20GA pellets I accidentally touched off. So - I was using Charlie's thingies that look like the pic below - which, when you have a head shot, tends to leave blood on your tins/chaps/leggings/otherthingiesyouwearonyourlegs:

http://www.coyotecoleather.com/images1/dqbig.jpg

Dean Romig
11-19-2009, 09:20 AM
WOW!! That's a seriously optomistic bird-hanging device :shock:

That thing is set up for sixteen birds - That's more than a "season bag" in most states. Probably be just right for quail or doves though. When I was a kid and hunted wild pheasants passionately I made a bird hanger with a few shower curtain rings on a leather thong.

John Dunkle
11-19-2009, 09:29 AM
WOW!! That's a seriously optomistic bird-hanging device :shock:.... Yea - BUT - I only used one of the lanyards with 8 rings... With the weight of even 8 pheasants hanging off that thing - I'd probably end up walking around in circles......

...I made a ... ... leather thong.Ummm - Dean? You *ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN* you want to post on a gun forum that you used to wear a leather thong??? I don't think so..... :D

:duck:

Thinking about poking my eyes out with a sharp stick to rid myself of that mental image....

;)

John

Dean Romig
11-19-2009, 09:59 AM
John, in deer camp while having such discussions we often say, "Pardon me a minute while I gouge out my 'mind's eye'". :bigbye:

John Dunkle
11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
John, in deer camp while having such discussions we often say,
"Pardon me a minute while I gouge out my 'mind's eye'".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:rotf:
__________ :rotf:
____________________ :rotf:

Bruce Day
11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
John shoots them in the beak when they squawk too much.

Dave Suponski
11-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Dean,You,re scaring me.....:shock:

Graham Mason
11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I did not realize all that had taken place before I placed my thread about what happened to the 1924/28 gauge thread.I had been reading about the interesting 28 gauge and when I came back later I saw it was gone.The last I had read was a thank you from Dean Brevit from my post where I told him that I thought he was a very lucky man to own such a nice 28 gauge.

Dean if I could just win the lotto I could give that 28 gauge a good home.

I see you have the shotgun advertized on the 28 Ga. Society web site in the Guns For Sale Section.http://28gasociety.proboards.com