PDA

View Full Version : Parker repro's at auction

lee r moege
11-10-2009, 09:56 AM
If anyone is interested there are two Repro's going at auction Novermber 21st at Kull auction in Topeka, Ks.[Armsbid.com]. One is a 28 ga. single trigger,splinter, pistol grip, cased, but with no dust cover.It is imp/mod 26" and has been hunted @ 98% condition withmuzzle wear and case color edge wear. The auction estimate is $4000-$5000. The second is a 20 ga.double trigger,straight grip, splinter, 2 barrel set. Barrels are 28" full/mod, and 26" imp/mod. It also has been hunted at 97% described.it is also cased with no dust cover.The auction estimate is $3500-$4500. I will be going down Friday to look at them and bid on some items in Fridays auction, but will not bid on these.The last one I bought there was a 20ga I got for $2900 without the case so I'm suspecting them to go on the lower end of the estimates or possibly less as they are showing some wear. I'm going prairie chicken hunting on Saturday so somebody else can have them.Lee.

Dean Romig
11-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Something's wrong . . . the desirable two-barrel-set is estimated to sell for considerably less that a less desirable Repro??

lee r moege
11-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Comprende! You got to know these guys. Since Jim Supica left and went to the NRA things have gotten a little loose compared to before. It may be a catalog misprint, or one of the local "experts" thinks a 28ga. should bring more, it's hard to tell.I recently bought a Mannlicher-Schoenauer carbine from them at a decent price but they [or someone] had removed the slide and rings of the original Jaeger mount. The base was still intact. I called Jim on something else and asked if it was their policy to remove scopes and sell them separately at auction and he said they had done that in the past. They aren't sharp enough to know mounts like G&H and Jaeger are custom fitted and anybody would have paid more with the mount intact with or without the scope. I will say one thing in their favor, the condition descriptions have been pretty accurate for the most part, if not slightly understated.Regards! Lee.

James T. Kucaba
11-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Lee ... I hope you know that you've committed a major sin by revealing that there's a gun auction coming up in Kansas soon ... According to at least one Kansas-Boy among our members, all knowledge of Kansas auctions is to be kept under your hat and not revealed to the Non-Kansas members ... So you can expect to receive a good tongue lashing and butt chewing from a Kansas-Boy fairly soon.

Jim Kuicaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

lee r moege
11-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up Jim, but such is life! I don't know of to many Kansas boys that are on board so I guess I will have to see who pops up. I can't buy em all, and would prefer originals anyway except to turn a buck. Some of the nastys I have seen here lately on the forum I don't need anyway! I also collect Foxes and Mannlicher-Schoenauers and am always glad to share finds with others in those groups. Most of the really good stuff comes out of closets in the Northeast and South anymore. Since we are mostly poor cowboys and farmers there were not many graded guns out here. Some VH's and Trojans, usually completely ragged out and not worth restoration. Even those are getting impossible to find. Regards! Lee.

James T. Kucaba
11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Lee ... The "Kansas Logic" behind not revealing information about gun auctions being held anywhere west of the Mississippi River is to decrease the competition from the "Rich-B_ _ _ _" east coast boys ... There's far fewer Parkers of any grade in the western part of the US, so "Kansas Logic" dictates that all "Western Parkers" should be owned "Western Boys ... But I can't help wondering if "Kansas Logic" also dictates that the eastern gun auctions, that I've bought many guns from, should be kept a secret from us "Western Boys."

Best regards, Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch USA ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

Dave Suponski
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
But I can't help wondering if "Kansas Logic" also dictates that the eastern gun auctions, that I've bought many guns from, should be kept a secret from us "Western Boys."

Yup Jim you got that right.....And we have memories like a steal trap....:nono:

Destry L. Hoffard
11-13-2009, 06:01 PM
"Kansas Logic"

Is that one of them there oxymorons I hear so much about?

Chris Travinski
11-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I think they all belong back here in Connecticut! I bet Dave S. would second that.

Dave Suponski
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Ya you got that right Chris....Just send'em on home boys..:duck:

lee r moege
11-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I see what you mean Jim! I think I will just back out of the Parker stuff for a while anyway. Nuff said, I'll be back another day MAYBE! Lee.