PDA

View Full Version : Grade 4 Top Lever Hammer Gun

James T. Kucaba
11-01-2009, 09:38 AM
A while back I purchased a Grade 4, top lever, hammer gun, with 34 inch Bernard Barrels, on a #5 frame, with Serial Number 33905 ... And if I'm reading the table on page 298 of The Parker Story, Volume One correctly, it is a one of a kind gun ... Can anyone tell me if I'm reading the table in the book correctly ?

Thanks guys !

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

Bruce Day
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
That would be correct per the TPS tables, but remember the TPS's authors' cautions about fully relying upon their findings from incomplete records. About the best you can say is that it is a rare and potentially unique gun. You can also put the word out and look for others, and if none, you can say that it is the only known one.
I am in the same situation with a couple of my Parkers and you don't want to overstate the matter.

Ross Berck
11-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Jim,
Come on we need pics if your gonna talk about stuff like that. Email them to me and I can post them for you.
ross@berck.org

James T. Kucaba
11-01-2009, 10:33 AM
That would be correct per the TPS tables, but remember the TPS's authors' cautions about fully relying upon their findings from incomplete records. About the best you can say is that it is a rare and potentially unique gun. You can also put the word out and look for others, and if none, you can say that it is the only known one.
I am in the same situation with a couple of my Parkers and you don't want to overstate the matter.

Bruce ... You make a good point about the records being incomplete ... If it had 3 1/2 inch chambers Destry would love this beast ... It's definitely a waterfowl gun for use in a duck blind, cuz it's as heavy as my 36 inch 8 gauge lifter gun ... It's the only Bernard gun I own so I'll get Dale to recolor the barrels and I'll clean and polish the rest of the gun.

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

James T. Kucaba
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Jim,
Come on we need pics if your gonna talk about stuff like that. Email them to me and I can post them for you.
ross@berck.org

Ross ... I don't have any photos of this gun ... I'll post some photos when I replace my broken digital camera and get the gun cleaned up a little.

Jin Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

George Lander
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Jim: I think I know the gun that you are speaking of and I, for one, would not have it refinished. If memory serves it was in great original condition and only needed a light cleaning.

Just My Humble Opinion.....George