PDA

View Full Version : My first Parker

Phil Turner
10-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi all.
Following my post in the new user introductions I thought I'd post some photos of it here. Let me know what you think.
According to the Parker identification pages on this web site I believe it is a Trojan. But I'm sure you good folks will be able to tell me more.

It still has the U.S. modified and full chokes which I think were original. And the stock measures 14" finishing in wood with a 2 1/2" drop at the heel.

Took it clay shooting this morning. Sure does dust the them.
I'd like to open up the chokes but won't if you don't think I should. I do not really want to alter the originality of it.

Thanks in advance.

todd allen
10-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Rule of thumb: Choke tube a Win. M21, or H&H Royal. Leave a Parker alone.
Ask me how I know, on the other two.

Dave Suponski
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Hmmm, British proof marks? I bet she has a story to tell :) Leave her alone.

Pat Dugan
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Like the experts told me just buy some SPREADER LOADS or just reload some with the spreader insert by POLY WAD.

PDD

Chris Travinski
10-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Phil,
Nice Trojan, I would let if be if you can learn to work woth it.

Todd,
How do you know on the other two?

Harry Collins
10-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Phil,

A very nice Trojan. I opened the chokes on a Parker GH and have always regretted it. By the way I lived in Denham, Bucks some 35 years ago and worked in W1. I would ricochet down the A40 to the "Trout" in the 1958 MGA.

Cheers, Harry

Phil Turner
10-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Hmmm, British proof marks? I bet she has a story to tell :) Leave her alone.

It seems to have travelled some doesn't it.
Proofed in Birmingham in 1964.
I'm guessing it seems possible it came over with a U.S serviceman during the war perhaps? And to comply with British proof rules an imported gun must be proofed before you sell it. (if it does not bear marks recognised by the C.I.P.) I bought it in a local auction which was part of a house clearance and I'm surrounded by ex U.S. air bases. In fact I work on one. (Lowesden/Membury airfield)
I wonder?

Harry Collins
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Phil,

One of our members, Bruce Day, flew out of there I think. Please correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have a long line of skeet fields on the base? There were some very nice British guns represented and the first cross over stocked shotgun I ever saw was wearing out the targets.

Harry

todd allen
10-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Phil,
Nice Trojan, I would let if be if you can learn to work woth it.

Todd,
How do you know on the other two?
I have choke tubed the other two.

Destry L. Hoffard
10-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Doesn't look like it was made to be imported as there's no Made in USA markings anywhere. I'd say the serviceman guess is probably right.

DLH

Bruce Day
10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
I was stationed at RAF Mildenhall at Mildenhall and RAF Odiham by Basingstoke, and landed at most other RAF bases.

Harry Collins
10-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Bruce,

Sorry about the confusion. I think it was Mildenhall that had all the skeet fields. I only drove out there a few times.

Harry