PDA

View Full Version : Questions on perspective PHE

Brian Dudley
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
I am kind of looking at this P grade. It has a couple of interesting features.

S/N is 64,830

It has 30" Damascus barrels on it, not twist.
And the breech end of the barrels is engraved with a very interesting pattern. Any idea if this engraving might be original to the gun or not?

Justin Julian
06-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Brian,
Is that the one on GB with the "pineapple" engraving on the barrels? If so, that gun was discussed here previously, and as I recall, the consensus was that it isn't factory engraving. That gun has been for sale for quite some time so perhaps the seller is open to an offer.

Brian Dudley
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, it is that one. I find it kind of interesting. I have a bunch of questions into the seller on it. Obviously the barrel engraving is in question. I would not expect it to be original, but you never know. It does look like the Damascus barrels have been blued at some time.
And it seems to me that Damascus on a P grade is a bit different. Need to confirm if all the numbers match.
Is this gun in the "book" as a Dam PHE?

Brian Dudley
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Ok, I looked up the previous thread. Looks like this is rebarreled gun that was retrofit with ejectors at some time.
No need to put anymore thought into this one than we already have. I am working on doing some of my own homework.

Dean Romig
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM
A member has a wonderful V or P (I can't remember which) that has it's original (not factory refitted) Damascus barrels. Never say never...

Brian Dudley
06-22-2012, 11:12 PM
I never said never dean. Just out of the ordinary.
Just like the twist Trojans.

Dean Romig
06-23-2012, 06:16 AM
I wasn't directing that at you Brian, just reiterating the oft-repeated mantra of Parker collectors.

Brian Dudley
06-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Of course Dean.
It is a good reminder that when we see a type of barrel steel or checkering pattern that is not typical of the grade, we should be suspicious, but not rule out the possibility.